EE - Has anybody else really warmed to Kim?

zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,800
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive always been a fan of Kim but since she has become a mum and Struggled with her childs premature birth ive really enjoy the new Kim and made me love the character even more.

Whats everyone else's Thoughts?

Comments

• NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've really been impressed with her in the past week. So happy that upon her return, Dom didn't turn her back to 100% comedy.

Being a mummy should really bring out a new side to her.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never liked Kim but starting to like her now.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't. I think her childish and angry antics are worse now than before she left.

She said some terrible things to poor Denise.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    I haven't. I think her childish and angry antics are worse now than before she left.

She said some terrible things to poor Denise.
    And Denise said horrible things to here its what siblings do
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Denise was pretty mean to her right before she went into labour.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah couldn't care less about her.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    She's bearable now, hope it lasts
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I have always luved Kim, she always makes me smile. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Been warm to her since day dot. She was the laugh and jokes that EastEnders needed. Don't get me wrong I do like her serious side but I also do like Kim the joker
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise, Patrick and Kim are 3 of my favourites!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I've got to the stage where I don't mind her. Couldn't abide her before.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Tameka because she is in my favourite film Beautiful Thing, which also stars Linda Henry!, but Kim was a character I could take both ways but recently I've been very impressed. I wonder if what happened is that DTC being the man who created her in the first place is the reason we are now getting the real Kim and not the character Kirkwood wanted her to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great character! I absolutely love the sibling bond between her and Denise. They are very believable as sisters due to the natural chemistry between the two actresses.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Kim. :)
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    It's all she ever needed - the chance to show that as an actress she isn't just a clown. I'm shocked that it's taken this long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    So happy she's finally being given another dimension. I like Kim anyway but she's always been one of the more superficial characters - I love they're exploring this new side to her! Well done DTC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    It's all she ever needed - the chance to show that as an actress she isn't just a clown. I'm shocked that it's taken this long.

It's most likely because of Bryan Kirkwood whose only vision for Kim was as a stereotypical black comedy diva. With DTC at the helm, he gets to inject some realism into the character he created while he was working under Diedrick Santer. Kirkwood saw potential in her (hence making her a regular) but unfortunately he didn't want to explore other facets to her character. DTC is developing Kim in the way he probably wanted all along and is a massive relief.

The timing of Santer's departure is what hurt Kim for about three years. Kirkwood and Newman didn't want to build more layers to her personality, instead keeping her in comedy mode. Tameka is a good actress and it's great that she is finally getting some serious material. Becoming a mum and having what looks like a very complex marriage with Vincent should be interesting to watch.

I just love how Kim is bonding so closely with Denise and Patrick during these hard times. In a way it's also helping Denise get over a horrible 2014 with her break up from Ian and all the drinking.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Kim. Like her or not, she does comedy very well and I hope we get to see more of it.
    The clip of her on the security camera in the shop where's she staggering around drunk is one of my favorite Eastenders clips. :D
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Kim because I find her funny, but I'm really happy that she's been given a more serious storyline as it allows her character to develop alot more, and I think it's a necessary development
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always liked Kim but am enjoying her serious side. I like Kim, Denise and Patrick together.
  • tellymadmantellymadman Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    They've made her more real - I like her a lot more now!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always loved her, Tameka is a diamond
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always liked the character but I'm enjoying seeing a more serious side to her.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked this new Kim.
    Before I could take her or leave her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me. She has become much more interesting and likeable. I'm actually interested when she is on screen now she has had the baby.