Options

Loving Lydia

glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
Forum Member
Two words I didn't think I would ever type.

I loathed her at the beginning, but...

She is viewing her fellow housemates, the relationships, situations and bullshit, the same way we are.

Very few housemates have ever did this.

I think if she survives a few more weeks, and continues as she currently is, she could be a legendary housemate.

Comments

• Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »
    Two words I didn't think I would ever type.

I loathed her at the beginning, but...

She is viewing her fellow housemates, the relationships, situations and bullshit, the same way we are.

Very few housemates have ever did this.

I think if she survives a few more weeks, and continues as she currently is, she could be a legendary housemate.

She's a humourless, self-regarding desperado who spends all her energy trying to convince people that she's something special. She has absolutely no insight into how competely ridiculous she actually is (see ''my fiance is famous'' and ''I'm a lady''). Her desperation is matched only by her bitterness and self-delusion.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    od hominem wrote: »
    She's a humourless, self-regarding desperado who spends all her energy trying to convince people that she's something special. She has absolutely no insight into how competely ridiculous she actually is (see ''my fiance is famous'' and ''I'm a lady''). Her desperation is matched only by her bitterness and self-delusion.

She certainly divisive .. ;)

I like her, I don't think anyone in the house gets her, which makes for fun viewing.
  • Options
    Rosy_DarlingRosy_Darling Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I couldn't agree more about her lacking humour, she also comes across as incredibly deluded, for a woman who seems convinced of her own intelligence I am not sure where she got the idea her fiance was famous! The only positive to her staying in is the chance of her causing grief which seems to be her main purpose in life.
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »

I like her, I don't think anyone in the house gets her,

What's to get? She's about as obvious as they come.

which makes for fun viewing.

Not from where I'm standing.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's to get? She's about as obvious as they come.

Not from where I'm standing.

OK, then it's just a case of you don't like her and I do:D
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I find Lydia one of the most irritating hm's ever,imo there is absolutely nothing about her to like. She seemed the same on that dancing programe . I find her just a pain in the butt, just a deluded wannabe..
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member

I like her, I don't think anyone in the house gets her, which makes for fun viewing.

Agreed. Of course she is just as unpleasant as Caroline, but in a far more interesting way.

I find her over the top stares and gestures quite amusing. I do think she is playing up to the cameras, of course, but she is also responding to some of her housemates in exactly the way the public will be.
  • Options
    ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree and wish she stop mentioning her bloody fiance. Her conversation with Adam was cringeworthy "I'm a lady"???????????
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any screen time she gets i can't help but think how gorgeous she is. For that reason she has done nothing wrong in my eyes and she needs to stay in the house :D

I also like that she has the confidence to not follow the crowd and form her own opinions even if that makes her less popular in the house. She seems to have the respect of those that matter so i see her becoming very influential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's definitely the guilty pleasure of the series. I am loving her, however I predict she will only remain in the house for about a maximum of 2 weeks unfortunately :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    i LOVE lydia because she is a bitch and she is soooo serious all the time. she is defo a star this series :D PLEASE keep her in i need more drama <333
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow op you have been here since 2003 what was the bb forum back in the days