Housewives of Vancouver

Comments

• Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    it's awful.. how far ahead are we in the UK, to the Canadian viewing of this show... are these shows from a while back?
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    it's awful.. how far ahead are we in the UK, to the Canadian viewing of this show... are these shows from a while back?

Got this off Wikipedia think its tomorrow episode,

9 "War & Piece of Cake" April 2, 2013
    Ronnie hosts a glamorous party for Ioulia’s birthday but not all of the ladies are invited. Jody plans to invite the ladies elsewhere to threaten Mary’s birthday party
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    This was aired in April in Canada - and the series is now "on a break"

These women are a load of harpies...... They all bitch and back bite against each other they aren't really friends with each other - it just looks like they were thrown together for the show.....

Jody in particular is a horrible person - she's such a control freak!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Don't get me started on that "psychic". "Has there EVER been a Rose in your family!? Oh yes my third cousin, five times removed was a Rose. What a ridiculous scenario for the selfish queens of mean Ronnie and Amanda. It's a wonder why they didn't invite Jody. The three of them are spiteful, vindictive women so they'll do well in life cause that sort always do. It isn't fair and it isn't right. They blame Mary for Jody's disgusting behaviour as if the fact that Mary exists at all means it's ok for Jody to brutally attack her all the time. No one tells her to stop. It's appalling. Someone has to turn the tables.

Why oh why do I watch this? Oh yes for the scenery... I need it to be over so my blood doesn't keep boiling at the antics of these awful examples of humanity.

The treatment of Mary is getting obscene now. Why do the programme makers consider this to be entertainment?
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love RHO but the Vancouver series is one of the nastiest. There's no let up or fun. The whole episode seems to be Mary and Jody and Ronnie. They are all as bad as each other. Mary plays the victim and can be nasty to.She sort of annoys me for example: She never invited Ronnie to the holiday in Mexico. Mary's always invited to the events and she moans and is negative.
    Forum Member
    has there even been any repercussions, for the henious treatment of Mary, by these... Witches.. ?

I cannot understand, why the Producers, allowed this to carry on.. as previous posters have stated.. the Bullying aspect alone, being promoted in schools and workplaces, should have raised enough concerns, for alarm bells to be ringing loudly....

i'd be interested to know, how these 'women' are now treated in mainstream society, as a result of these episodes being aired.. in Canada... I cannot imagine them being particularly popular... at parties... anymore... :/
    Forum Member
    just watched today's Mary's Birthday, episode.... I feel sick.. I'm not sure I can watch anymore... the jealousy is outrageous....
  • yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arragagaaara they are such horrible 'women'.
    That's soon going to be three people alienated Mary, Robin and Ioulia. They are so jealous and incredibly two faced
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Lol, what a bunch of saddos, having a dinner party to try and upset Mary's birthday plans but it turns out that Mary has a good time, while the others just bitch about her, burst into tears over stuff (I love Ioulia "Why are you crying?" to Amanda) and come out with non sensical accusations.

Ronnie talks about the boat trip on her birthday and the fact she ended up smashed out of her face "One minute I was fine, like this (talking in a slurred voice) and the next.....She drugged me. Robin drugged me." Oh well how do you explain the fact you already sounded drunk, slurring your speech Ronnie, before Robin had arrived? Duh! lol lol!

I love Mary and Ioulia, Robin seems Ok too, but the others - yeuuch! They should only be allowed out in public on Halloween.:D
  • maximomaximo Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Today seems to be the last one on ITV 2 as from Monday it's back to RH of Orange County. The Vancouver show had only one story in it i.e everyone turning against Mary and it was painful to watch. Too vicious. I think it needed Andy Cohen to oversee it, rather than his Canadian counterpart who just wasn't as good at the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched the Housewives of OC, NY and Atlanta, this show is beyond awful. Each of the other Housewives shows, had a aggressive, conniving character, but the bullying in this show is appalling. I am watching, cos I am waiting for them to get taught a lesson.

What is happening to Mary is dreadful by a gang. Robin is bloody great and when she shouted drunk at Jody to bring her feathers on, or words to that affect, I laughed. Youlia (spelling) is showing her backbone too.

The irony of ridiculing Mary for her plastic surgery, when your daughter had her huge conk done, is something else. The two drunks want a good slapping as well, with their bitter characters.

Jody actually makes Jill from HW of New York city, look kind:D
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Have to say this is, by far, my favourite housewives series. They really are a piece of work arent they. How someone (jody) could do something just plain nasty by poaching housewives from Mary's birthday bash is beyond me and makes for uncomfortable viewing. Jody seems to be able to provide insults 24/7 but as soon as anyone retaliates she really cant cope with it. Her daughter is just as vile. Poor Mary.

Love love love Ioulia, shes bonkers and self absorbed BUT shes funny with it. E.g she came out of the bedroom having got dressed for her birthday at Ronnie's and said 'right lets go and celebrate getting older! And her mention of 'Buzz' (booze) constantly makes me laugh Id like a friend like her she'd be a lot of fun.

Considering they all went out for dinner without Mary they sure spent a lot of time talking about her, they just sound jealous. Good for Ioulia when she said twice can we stop talking about Mary. Amanda is quite unpleasant and thinks shes Jody just because shes Mia's friend but expect theyve both had great teachers Jody & Mia are vile people.

Quite like Robin shes bedding in as I like to call it. Ronnie, oh my word what has she done to herself, isnt it amazing shes got all that money yet shes got some pretty major issues and she really cant decide which side of the fence shes on. I dont beleive for one minute that Robyn spike her drink, if thats the case she shouldve stopped when she tasted it. As far as I can see she was bingbonged way before Robyn arrived, it was so obvious, but to berate Robyn without being sure is just awful and to me deserves a legal letter to them all. Amanda, Jody, Ronnie and Mia have such nasty streaks it makes me shudder that they can be so disgusting.

The first season I spent looking at Ronnies mouth wondering how the heck she manages to talk when her top lip cant reach the bottom at all..ever lol This season it seems worse.

I feel for Mary as she just gets attacked everytime they get together and I dont blame her for not going to Ioulia;s bash at Ronnies.

Anyway its my guilty pleasure and know it finishes soon, hope theres no more repeats on ITV2 pretty much seen them all now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Mary is planning on doing a meet and greet in London soon. Would be random!
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right I am up to date now and agree with all of the above. I am really glad that there are only two series of this as I find it really uncomfortable viewing, even Kelly Besimon's breakdown on Scary Island wasn't as bad as this. I emailed Slice the production company about what I consider to be workplace bullying of Mary and this is the couldn't care less cut and paste answer

"Thank you for contacting Slice. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments as viewer feedback is very important to us. We regret to learn that you are offended by The Real Housewives of Vancouver as it is certainly never our intent to offend our viewers. While we understand that not all of our programming will suit all of our viewers, we do hope you will continue to enjoy our other programming and would like to address your concerns.

The Real Housewives of Vancouver is an unscripted reality show, following the daily lives of six Vancouver Housewives. As such, the show captures real life relationships and often features the raw emotions of the cast in the heat of the moment. We apologize if you have been offended by the program and will certainly pass your comments and concerns along to our production team for their review and consideration.

Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to bring your thoughts and opinions to our attention, as viewer feedback is very important to us.

Sincerely,

Slice
    Viewer Relations
    www.slice.ca"
    I don't know how Ronnie could treat Mary like that in Toronto when she keeps saying she is her best friend. I do think she was projecting her mental health issues onto Mary at that lunch.

Amanda is a bitch and I would have loved Robin to say that they didn't notice she wasn't at Mary's party, because in truth they didn't miss her.

Loulia is funny but I wish she hadn't stabbed Mary in the front like that. She did show her true colours by having her party at Ronnie's house because Ronnie's husband I'd rich so she wants to get in with them.

I didn't think I would like Robin but she seems the most genuine of them all, she likes a drink and a gossip but isn't cruel.

As I have said before Jody is vile.

I loved it when they were gobsmacked by the how much the frozen face medium knew about them. Have they never heard of Google.

Phew rant over hopefully.
    Forum Member
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    Right I am up to date now and agree with all of the above. I am really glad that there are only two series of this as I find it really uncomfortable viewing, even Kelly Besimon's breakdown on Scary Island wasn't as bad as this. I emailed Slice the production company about what I consider to be workplace bullying of Mary and this is the couldn't care less cut and paste answer

"Thank you for contacting Slice. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments as viewer feedback is very important to us. We regret to learn that you are offended by The Real Housewives of Vancouver as it is certainly never our intent to offend our viewers. While we understand that not all of our programming will suit all of our viewers, we do hope you will continue to enjoy our other programming and would like to address your concerns.

The Real Housewives of Vancouver is an unscripted reality show, following the daily lives of six Vancouver Housewives. As such, the show captures real life relationships and often features the raw emotions of the cast in the heat of the moment. We apologize if you have been offended by the program and will certainly pass your comments and concerns along to our production team for their review and consideration.

Again, we appreciate the time you have taken to bring your thoughts and opinions to our attention, as viewer feedback is very important to us.

Sincerely,

Slice
    Viewer Relations
    www.slice.ca"
    I don't know how Ronnie could treat Mary like that in Toronto when she keeps saying she is her best friend. I do think she was projecting her mental health issues onto Mary at that lunch.

Amanda is a bitch and I would have loved Robin to say that they didn't notice she wasn't at Mary's party, because in truth they didn't miss her.

Loulia is funny but I wish she hadn't stabbed Mary in the front like that. She did show her true colours by having her party at Ronnie's house because Ronnie's husband I'd rich so she wants to get in with them.

I didn't think I would like Robin but she seems the most genuine of them all, she likes a drink and a gossip but isn't cruel.

As I have said before Jody is vile.

I loved it when they were gobsmacked by the how much the frozen face medium knew about them. Have they never heard of Google.

Phew rant over hopefully.

what a banal response from Slice... well done you for contacting them... :D
  • jolfc5jolfc5 Posts: 1,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to throw something at my telly when that Jody and Mia appear, horrible , horrible women.:mad:
    And they have no dress sense....
    Forum Member
    Interestingly, there was a case in Vancouver recently of a young girl committing suicide because of bullying. There was a huge response and vigils in the streets and people whose lives had been blighted by this abuse were sharing their stories and demanding that something has to change. Then we see this programme which is gleefully promoting bullying!

I think it's a shame that Ioullia made of point of facing Mary and telling her she wasn't going to her party she was going to be with the others. I think she was atrocious for behaving like that. The look of shock on poor Mary's face at being humiliated yet again in front of the cameras was terrible. She knew the reason why Mary absolutely could not go to her party and let's face it she should have organised her own party anyway and held it on neutral ground but she didn't care. I also thought it said a lot when she actually held up Robin's present quoting the price!!!!

I think Amanda is really nasty as well. Can you imagine what these women were like at school? She's so vindictive and highly strung The slightest little thing sends her off.

Ronnie, well I've already said what I think of that woman and when she accused Robin of spiking her drink I was stunned. How on earth can she get away with an accusation like that? She's so obsessed and jealous of Mary it is awesome and the look in her face when she sets out on the attack. Brrrr

Horrible, horrible women who just get worse with each episode. I'm so glad there's only two seasons. What the hell is the problem with Jody and Mia? Vengeful and spiteful hyenas on heat. I dread to think how many lives they've ruined in their time. They should be ashamed of themselves but I'm quite sure they're not.
  • yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jody dressed as a queen (Disney outfit) critising Mary for dressing as a rabbit because it's too childish. Gosh does she live on a complete different planet
    Jody is a Nutter with a capital N
    Forum Member
    ugh I'm so glad it's all over!!! Someone please get Jody a referral for a Psychiatrist. She has so many problems she'll keep them busy for years!!! What a way to behave for an adult. Every time anyone spoke to Mary she started screaming at them. At least Ronnie held her slightly to account which was quite a surprise. It made a change from the usual everyone hanging on her every word. I'd like to think people would boycott her shop after such behaviour but I'm sure it's booming.

I still think Amanda and Mia were both also nasty pieces of work. I thought it was hilarious in the first episode of the season when she was asked if the tea had health benefits and every question was met by, "um, err I think so... " Great business acumen there.

What a surprise that Ioulia dumped her older husband once she'd gone on a programme to advertise her expensive art business. I'm sure there's no connection whatsoever...Oh dear that makes me sound really catty as well.

Only Mary really came out of the whole thing with dignity despite week after week of abuse. For the most part Robin was ok but even she had her moments. I'm glad she stood up to Ronnie. No way could she let an accusation like that stand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary, as much as I love her, has been tweeting that her single Hero is number 1 here in the UK?? How is that even possible?
    Forum Member
    johnny-br wrote: »
    Mary, as much as I love her, has been tweeting that her single Hero is number 1 here in the UK?? How is that even possible?

Publicity of the show... it's definately Number one... :D
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,740
    Forum Member
    So, I don't normally watch these types of shows, as they normally look boring, and I hate that this "un-scripted" reality format has pushed scripted TV to the side in some countries. However, I randomly caught a few minutes a couple of weeks ago, and then found myself tuning in most days!

It hooked me in, and I guess I was just waiting for someone to burst Jody's vile bubble. I'd like to say the vitriolic bitchiness was a surprise, but it really wasn't; a neighbour of mine acts just like Jody, however, she's not quite a bad these days.

I thought it was a little bit of Karmic justice when Jody allowed that dog to lick her face, only to learn it had just been eating cat litter! :D

I liked Mary, Robin and Ioulia. I think Ioulia had a realistic personality - someone who is materialistic, self absorbed, but doesn't take anything too seriously unless it's insults directed at her, but knows not to join in when others are being vile. She's flawed, but in the right way, if that makes sense.

Her materialism brought out the worst in her, and she did have this need to keep in with the other women, but she showed that she didn't hold any grudges against Mary for skipping her party, b/c she understood why at the end of the day; she was constantly trying to get Amanda to see there are two sides to every story, and she stood up for Robin when she saw they were ganging up on her. I also think Ioulia felt bad telling Mary she couldn't go to her party, and soon realised she had entered a vipers nest and regretted it. I would have liked for Ioulia to have gone to Mary's party saying she had made a big mistake.

Amanda is such a bitch, and really, you can only put so much of that down to Jody dripping poison in her ear. Jody is a train-wreck of horror proportions. Vile doesn't really cut it.

Ronnie has so many issues, and being in denial about them all makes it all the more worse. Accusing Robin of spiking her drink! Seriously?! And Amanda just goes along with that like a sheep. If Ronnie really thought that, she would have stopped drinking the moment she tasted a bit of alcohol. I know that's she in denial, but to lie that Robin spiked her drink to cover her tracks, is a low blow. Robin has not come across as that kind of woman, and I just cannot believe she would ever do something like that.

I missed the finale. What happened? Did anyone put Jody in her place at all?
    johnny-br wrote: »
    The UK Country iTunes chart.

It had to be niche, otherwise the show would be sky-rocketing in the ratings. LOL. But, it's still a Number 1 off the back of the show that airs on ITV2 in the Daytime. Not bad for Mary.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Jody is spiteful childish cow who thinks she is the Queen Bee.

The way she behaved when any of the group dared to speak to Mary by yelling at them to come back was just pathetic, and as for that meltdown she had at the tea party - she really showed that she is just so jealous of Mary.

There are interviews with her where she repeats that Mary is a liar, but then says she can't be caught out in her lies...... Errr....... Possibly because they aren't lies Jody???

I'd love to see her get her come uppance - it was starting with Ronnie closing down the bitchfest Jody wanted to have after the tea party.... But unfortunately, I can't see Amanda ever reforming - she's too much under Jody's (and Mia's) thumb - why else would Amanda have tolerated Jody's exhibition at the tea party? That behaviour at what was supposed to be the launch of Amanda's business, was just embarrassing and appalling - Mary was avoiding the others to keep the peace, and Jody just couldn't stand it when they actually went and talked to her...... Especially Ronnie who she clearly thought had been brainwashed into Team Jody...

Vile, vile woman - and I shouldn't be glad to hear that her husband is divorcing her.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again I agree with all of the above. Curiously at the tea party I saw Jody in a different light. Up until the I thought she was just horrible, but going from her behaviour there I think she is unhinged, for a grown woman to start shouting and screaming because her friend is talking to someone else is scary. I think everyone was taken aback and a bit disturbed by her behaviour. I think they were too scared to ask her to leave in case things got worse, but she is Mia's role model you know. All the other women have friends outside the group but Jody has no one and she went into melt down when she thought her only friend Ronnie was 'leaving' her.

Amanda said that she was good at doing what she was told and I think she is under Jody's spell.

Poor Robin.

A bit poorer (now she is divorced) Loulia.:o

Ronnie, well what can I say, she really needs help. I sort of feel sorry for her but she needs to sort herself out. If she thought Robin had spiked her drink she would have gone to the police surely. Hopefully her family will see what she is like and get her some help. I do believe that that night in Toronto when she and Mary walked out, that it was Jody she had been on the phone to the following morning and it was Jody who persuaded her to take a break from Mary.

Mary, I like her and in no way did she deserve the treatment theses harpies dished out to her, but I could see how she could be a bit irritating by being so nice all of the time. She was also caught out in a couple of fibs. At the reunion show she was adamant that she never married the doctor but it turns out the went through a marriage ceremony but had it annulled. She had never told her kids so when Ronnie blurted it out she was horrified and denied it happened. I also sort of believed Ronnie about their night together but again Mary denied it because she didn't want the whole world to know about it so I can sort of see why Ronnie says she a liar and Mary feels so betrayed by Ronnie.
  • FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent really watched any of the Housewives shows until recently...saw some of the Beverly Hills one which seemed like an opportunity to flaunt wealth and plastic surgery....not my cup of tea.Then along came Vancouver which I watched in the hope that there would be some resolution or comeuppance for the shocking behaviour of Jodie and her gang of bullies.Im amazed that this was televised and shown.It reminded me of CBB when Jade Goody and her cohorts bullied Shilpa Shetty and there was a public outcry and she was brought to book.
    Cant believe the response you got emailing Slice....I'm going to do it too.
    Such a shame that tv companies think this is good telly because it isnt.