Options

(Dame) Angela Lansbury?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    A nauralarized American citizen, who was originally British nearly is always British at heart anyway.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Just found out that Angela Lansbury has been made a Dame, brilliant news and well deserved for a stellar 70 year career, she is one of the last great actress from the 'Golden era' of Hollywood. Congratulations Dame Angela.
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has nobody mentioned her performance as Elvis' mum in Blue Hawaii? Not the best accent but a fun film - camp as anything and better than most of the others IMO
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such great news - she has long deserved to be recognised as a true talent. :)
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    Has nobody mentioned her performance as Elvis' mum in Blue Hawaii? Not the best accent but a fun film - camp as anything and better than most of the others IMO

My grandchildren (aged 6 and 9) for some reason absolutely LOVE Blue Hawaii! Now I've got lots of Elvis DVDs and always ask them if they want to watch another one. But, no, it's Blue Hawaii every time. I now know all the dialogue off by heart!

Angela Lansbury I believe was only a few years older than Elvis, she's great in that film, very funny.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Richly deserved.

I was watching her over Christmas in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

She most certainly can act. :):)
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, about time...and she's still going. She's coming over here to perform in the West End next year (Blithe Spirit).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25150552

Pleased for Penny Keith, too.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Yes, about time...and she's still going. She's coming over here to perform in the West End next year (Blithe Spirit).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25150552

Pleased for Penny Keith, too.

That's brilliant news on both counts. Definitely going to go see that.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to seeing her over here in this country to pick up her 'Damehood'....

Hopefully she will go on a couple of chat shows while she is here!....
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    I am looking forward to seeing her over here in this country to pick up her 'Damehood'....

Hopefully she will go on a couple of chat shows while she is here!....

Me too, as I doubt I'll get to see her live in theatre when she is back. Hope it's a good run for her, though, and that she thoroughly enjoys her time over here.
    Doesn't she actually own property in Ireland, too? I know she has an affinity with Ireland and think she came over to raise her kids there through their 'difficult'/ late adolescent years as the Hollywood lifestyle wasn't doing them good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to both Angela Lansbury and Penelope Keith, two very classy and talented ladies.
  • Options
    BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dame Angela Lansbury has a nice ring to it and she certainly deserves it after 70 years as an actress.

Congratulations to Dame Penelope Keith as well - a marvellous comedy actress and tireless charity worker.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    I guess she has been around long enough and has had a long career and deserves it more than others who have received it.

I had wondered why she hadnt received one before now.

Me, too. Great actress, who has done it all. Stage, movies, TV.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really happy for her. She has been deserving of one for some time.
  • Options
    IamnotananorakIamnotananorak Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    The rules for Murder She Wrote are,

Anyone who sets foot in Jessica Fletcher's home town. Who is not Jessica Fletcher, her nephew or the Sheriff is liable to be murdered. When Jessica Fletcher visits New York City, anyone who sets foot in the building that contains her serviced apartment. Who is not Jessica Fletcher or the doorman, is liable to be murdered.

When Angela Lansbury comes over for the investiture, she will meet three people, one of which she knows already. One of two who are strangers will be murdered and Angela Lansbury's friend will be the chief suspect until Scotland Yard are persuaded at the last minute that the third person is the killer.