Ebonys weight loss thread

Comments

• EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    Why's it unfair? It's easy to pop a chicken breast in the oven. I cook meat for my kids nearly every day.
    Quorn may be lower in calories but it isn't as nutritious as meat.
    It just seems odd for someone to be vegetarian/pescetarian, but not really eat much in the way of actual vegetarian food.
    I would have thought your OH would have been more aware of nutrition as he is (or was) into bodybuilding.

im not and have never claimed to be vegetarian

Quorn is higher in fibre and protein than chicken and as i said chicken gets boring after a while
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quorn is higher in fibre and protein than chicken and as i said chicken gets boring after a while

I know that. You're a pescatarian, however you do eat quorn, which is a vegetarian product. I'm a pescatarian myself, as I eat fish once a week, and vegetarian food for the other 20 meals.
    That is what I was commenting on. It seems odd (to me) for some one to eat so much of one vegetarian product, but not really bother trying other, healthier and less processed vegetarian foods.
    Forum Member
    I know that. You're a pescatarian, however you do eat quorn, which is a vegetarian product. I'm a pescatarian myself, as I eat fish once a week, and vegetarian food for the other 20 meals.
    That is what I was commenting on. It seems odd (to me) for some one to eat so much of one vegetarian product, but not really bother trying other, healthier and less processed vegetarian foods.

well we have other vegetarian foods we got from Tesco yesterday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member

You would be better buying yourself a decent veggie cookbook or getting recipes from the internet for veggie and fish meals you can make from scratch rather than eating quorn 3-4 times a week or how ever often you are eating it.

Your calories are so low it would be better to make sure the meals you are eating have maximum nutrition.
    Forum Member
    teardrop77 wrote: »
    You would be better buying yourself a decent veggie cookbook or getting recipes from the internet for veggie and fish meals you can make from scratch rather than eating quorn 3-4 times a week or how ever often you are eating it.

Your calories are so low it would be better to make sure the meals you are eating have maximum nutrition.

I can't cook (not as in I'm crap)

I like what I'm eating, it's easier calorie wise to get things out of packets
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Ebony, do you care at all about what's going on inside you?

Your arteries, your liver, your heart, your intestines, your pancreas will all be suffering because of your poor diet.

Does it bother you at all? Are you scared of getting cancer, diabetes or having a heart attack or stroke?

Do you think these things will happen to other people and not to you?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't want to eat meat, too much red meat is bad for you and its unfair on my OH having to prepare two separate meals

plus i got sick of chicken, that's basically all i was eating

fish and Quorn are lower in calories

Red meat contains the richest source of B12 which enables your nervous system to function properly as well as your red blood cells, so it is not all bad
    Forum Member
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Red meat contains the richest source of B12 which enables your nervous system to function properly as well as your red blood cells, so it is not all bad

I didn't say it was all bad, I said too much of it is bad for you
    Forum Member
    I can't cook (not as in I'm crap)

I like what I'm eating, it's easier calorie wise to get things out of packets

Yes it is, but that doesnt mean people dont ever lose weight by not calorie counting.

I have. You eat decent food, reduce your portion sizes and cut down on junk. You'll lose weight. And many cookbooks have a calorie count built in

I bought a cookbook a few months back from a charity shop based on the tv programme the biggest loser. Hundreds of recipes you cook from scratch, all calorie counted out.

Theres no excuse for not eating fresh food on a diet.
    Forum Member

So are too many crisps, so are too many cans of red bull, so is pepsi max etc etc etc.
    Forum Member
    Yes it is, but that doesnt mean people dont ever lose weight by not calorie counting.

I have. You eat decent food, reduce your portion sizes and cut down on junk. You'll lose weight. And many cookbooks have a calorie count built in

I bought a cookbook a few months back from a charity shop based on the tv programme the biggest loser. Hundreds of recipes you cook from scratch, all calorie counted out.

Theres no excuse for not eating fresh food on a diet.

I know people can lose not counting calories, I am however counting calories

I had a 5:2 recipe book when I was on that and when it came to making the meals, my OH made them and I calculated the calories which were different from what the book said

They get generic calories for things
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eating red meat once or twice a week wouldn't be too much though.
    Also, I've noticed you don't seem to have much dairy in your diet. Is that a medical thing or do you just not like it?
    Forum Member
    Eating red meat once or twice a week wouldn't be too much though.
    Also, I've noticed you don't seem to have much dairy in your diet. Is that a medical thing or do you just not like it?

I don't like red meat that much

The only dairy I like really is cheese
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ebony do you count your fat as well as calorie intake? I'm not judging, I've had to diet myself and know how hard it is but some things you're eating like a big bag of crisps is just so sky hight in fat.

Don't get me wronmg, my thing is crisps myself but whenever I've dieted I've had to just substitute say a big bag for a small 25g bag and go for the lighter options instead of the full fat versions.

I counted calories and fat to lose weight.
    Forum Member
    I know people can lose not counting calories, I am however counting calories

I had a 5:2 recipe book when I was on that and when it came to making the meals, my OH made them and I calculated the calories which were different from what the book said

They get generic calories for things

How did you calculate the calories on the 5:2 meals then?

My point was, theres no excuse not to eat fresh food even if you are counting calories.
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Ebony do you count your fat as well as calorie intake? I'm not judging, I've had to diet myself and know how hard it is but some things you're eating like a big bag of crisps is just so sky hight in fat.

Don't get me wronmg, my thing is crisps myself but whenever I've dieted I've had to just substitute say a big bag for a small 25g bag and go for the lighter options instead of the full fat versions.

I counted calories and fat to lose weight.

I count calories, fat, carbs, fibre and protein

I'm not eating big bags of crisps
    How did you calculate the calories on the 5:2 meals then?

My point was, theres no excuse not to eat fresh food even if you are counting calories.

I took whatever calories it said on the packet/tub etc

The fact is I prefer things out of packets, simple as, that's how I like to do it and that's how I will do it
    Forum Member
    I count calories, fat, carbs, fibre and protein

I'm not eating big bags of crisps

I took whatever calories it said on the packet/tub etc

The fact is I prefer things out of packets, simple as, that's how I like to do it and that's how I will do it

Does the prospect of eating quorn 3-4 times a week or more for the rest of your life thrill you?
    Forum Member
    Does the prospect of eating quorn 3-4 times a week or more for the rest of your life thrill you?

Yes, I love quorn and there's so much choice now, much better than chicken breast
    Forum Member
    Yes, I love quorn and there's so much choice now, much better than chicken breast

Except its not very healthy.
    Forum Member
    Except its not very healthy.

Meh I still like it
    Forum Member
    Monday 30/06

Food -

Tesco simply crused cod, steamed corn on the cob and butternut squash - 396 calories

Lion bar, mature cheddar crisps - 466 calories

Tuna, butternut squash rice, steamed peas, onion, broccoli - 629 calories

Nectarine - 52 calories

1543 calories
    55.5 fat
    167.1 carbs
    16.4 fibre
    82 protein

Drinks -

Pint of gingerbread green tea
    Can of Pepsi max
    Pint of lemon and ginger green tea
    Two pints of water
    Pint of echinacea and raspberry tea

Vits a supps -

Serrapeptase
    Cod liver oil
    Multi vit
    Echinacea
    Raspberry ketone
    Kelp
    Devils claw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure Quorn chicken has more protein than proper chicken?
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    Are you sure Quorn chicken has more protein than proper chicken?

Just had a quick look and it doesn't look like it!

Quorn chicken pieces - 14g protein/100g

Chicken breast - 25-35g/100g
    Forum Member
    There's no good fats in there at all. Oily fish, nuts, avocados etc. Too low in good fat and too high in fat from junk food.

Btw I'm expecting to be told that the op doesn't like the above foods, but there are other sources.

Too many people cut right down on fat on a low cal diet when the right type of fat is good for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no good fats in there at all. Oily fish, nuts, avocados etc. Too low in good fat and too high in fat from junk food.

Btw I'm expecting to be told that the op doesn't like the above foods, but there are other sources.

Too many people cut right down on fat on a low cal diet when the right type of fat is good for you.

Isn't tuna an oily fish? The op eats plenty of that, and salmon too.
    I've just googled tuna and it's only counted as an oily fish when it's fresh.
This discussion has been closed.