George Clooney's marriage - biggest PR stunt ever.

12346»

Comments

• Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    He's damned either way, isn't he? If he's making theatrical, passionate gestures of love, he'll be accused of over-acting, over-compensating and putting on a show, to cover up his alleged homosexuality. Am I right? ;-)
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chavet wrote: »
    I'm neither gay nor a man, but could be delusional. I don't know whether he's gay or bisexual or used to be gay/bisexual, but the only thing I've ever been told about George Clooney 'in real life' contradicts what people are taking the piss out of other posters about, so it didn't really seem fair for me to let them take all the flak. A few years ago, George turned up at a function with a boyfriend. Based on the story, it seemed like he wasn't bothered about who knew, and perhaps that was only because he was comfortable with the people there knowing, but that'd only be speculation.

I hear you. I have a similiar story (actually, decades long story) and it comes from someone who lives in Como and couldn't care less either way. It is what it is. It doesn't mean the wedding is a fake, or he is a fake, it's just the way it is. :)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as big as anything the Kardashians have pulled off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Where's Waldo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I wonder if he's made her sign a confidentiality agreement?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He and his phony smiles, I could never stand him, he gives a vibe of a dead fish.
  • Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised he didn't shave for a week or two before the wedding just so that he made it really obvious.

They'll be living separate lives within a year, if they even make it that long.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    I get a scent of Lavender

Lol. :kitty:
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an odd choice if that's what he's after. American politics doesn't like smart women - see Hilary Clinton. Also she's foreign, not white and from a Moslem country which for idiots means she is and that's a problem for them.

Her family are not Muslims
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »

Some people in the US wouldn't and couldn't make the distinction. As far as those kinds of people are concerned, she was born in Lebanon, ya know, "in that part of the world where lots and lots of Muslims like to kill each other and other people who aren't like them." I can hear their brain cells churning as I type.

PS: Actually, her faith (or rather more accurately her father's faith) is an offshoot of an Islamic sect (i.e part of Shia side of Islam) called Druze. Her mother, IIRC, isn't a Druze.

PPS: Apparently, Amal quit smoking for GC. She went cold turkey. Good on her 'coz that stuff ages your skin:(. Probably explain why some peeps on here think she looks older than she really is.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine if a woman of 52 married a 36 year old!! The media would have a field day ridiculing her!! I like George and I am just amazed with all the years he spent "finding the one" he never had to deal with an explosive book or baby from an ex-girlfriend. Nowadays everyone seems to "kiss and tell"!!!
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if a woman of 52 married a 36 year old!! The media would have a field day ridiculing her!! I like George and I am just amazed with all the years he spent "finding the one" he never had to deal with an explosive book or baby from an ex-girlfriend. Nowadays everyone seems to "kiss and tell"!!!

I imagine his "girlfriends" are obliged to sign contracts. :cool:
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »

I never said they were. But given a disturbingly large number of Americans think Barack Obama is because his father was from Kenya and his step father was Indonesian, it doesn't make a difference what the truth is.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine his "girlfriends" are obliged to sign contracts. :cool:

You must lead a very full life.

As if people here have the authority to call their relationship fake. Very insulting to them both but who cares when we can call every good looking male celebrity gay.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I always assume that leading a full life and having the right to an opinion goes hand in hand. But hey...what a notion, eh? On a gossip forum, no less.

Still such a tricky concept, for some, this freedom of opinion lark.

On an entirely separate note, on the Points of View BBC show this morning, there were a few complaints about the Beeb's coverage of this. Comments like: was it really necessary for 48 hrs of reporters pointing out ever more rich guests and patrolling the exteriors of these lavish buildings to bring us up to the minute coverage of the happy event...

...when there's those little matters of austerity, IS and impending war in the middle east again and our deadly friend, Ebola? Somebody said that if they wanted to watch 2 days of yachts and glitter they could buy a celeb magazine and the BBC should 'prioritise' their stories.
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Am I the only woman on the planet who doesn't think he's fanciable.....at all ?

No......