Options

Question Time 09/10/2014

Comments

• Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I actually thought it was quite a good edition tonight. It stayed more on a debate level rather than the ranting and raving or the bear baiting traps that usually ensue.
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    I actually thought it was quite a good edition tonight. It stayed more on a debate level rather than the ranting and raving or the bear baiting traps that usually ensue.

Thought the panel were pretty bad TBF.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pauljoanss wrote: »
    By conventional definitions of intelligence, I think you may have a hard time arguing that point.

Patrick O'Flynn might be knowledgable but not necessarily intelligent. There is a difference.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the panel were pretty bad TBF.

Slight improvement on last week.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far up Miliband's arse is Mehdi Hassan's tongue?
  • Options
    Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    How far up Miliband's arse is Mehdi Hassan's tongue?

I think he's the only person who likes Milliband
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    Capablanca wrote: »
    Could Wayne Rooney get into Cambridge?
    Possibly:
    Researcher Torbjorn Vestberg said top footballers were "very clever" but "don't have time for education. That's why they sometimes look stupid."

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/the-week-in-higher-education/419599.article

(The study was done with Swedish footballers...)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC have gathered all the left thinking people in clacton and thrown them in the audience. When will the working class white people in Clacton be allowed a voice?
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    The BBC have gathered all the left thinking people in clacton and thrown them in the audience. When will the working class white people in Clacton be allowed a voice?

We saw all the audience arrive. The vast majority could not find Essex, let alone Clacton, let alone Clacton High. School. And we wonder when the lower class will be heard? Well they won't by Heard by the state/national broadcaster that's for sure...
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Eric Pickles pointed out three points. They were all the same. :p

Only watched half the programme but I thought that Eric Pickles gave the poorest performance I've ever seen him give.
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capablanca wrote: »
    Could Wayne Rooney get into Cambridge?
    I've no idea. Doing what?

Breaking and Entering?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We saw all the audience arrive. The vast majority could not find Essex, let alone Clacton, let alone Clacton High. School. And we wonder when the lower class will be heard? Well they won't by Heard by the state/national broadcaster that's for sure...
    You would have thought a UKIP member wasn't getting elected. Utterly ridiculous and biased beyond belief. The BBC are a disgrace, paedophile protesters and biased.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

Haven't they just had one? There was a vote for an MP there yesterday, in case you hadn't noticed!

And I doubt that all the "left thinking people" in Clacton would fit in that hall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You would have thought a UKIP member wasn't getting elected. Utterly ridiculous and biased beyond belief. The BBC are a disgrace, paedophile protesters and biased.

There's no evidence of bias, and what is a "paedophile protester"?
  • Options
    Forum Member

The BBC cannot force the "lower class" as you call them, or anyone else to come to a political discussion. If people don't apply, their voice won't be heard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    There's no evidence of bias, and what is a "paedophile protester"?
    Protecter, sorry. And I think it is biased, utterly ridiculous audience which was so out of touch with the vote in Clacton.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC cannot force the "lower class" as you call them, or anyone else to come to a political discussion. If people don't apply, their voice won't be heard.

So it's not and never is truly representative, thanks for confirming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    So it's not and never is truly representative, thanks for confirming.

It's representative of those who are interested in politics and who choose to apply. It could never be anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Protecter, sorry. And I think it is biased, utterly ridiculous audience which was so out of touch with the vote in Clacton.

I don't think you can blame the BBC for the QT audience being - in your view - "ridiculous" or "out of touch".
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's representative of those who are interested in politics and who choose to apply. It could never be anything else.

As I've said the left are more politcally active in gaining access to such programs , I doesn't mean they are right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you can blame the BBC for the QT audience being - in your view - "ridiculous" or "out of touch".
    You would have thought UKIP would lose the vote last night going by that audience. Not representative of the area going by the vote.
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought UKIP would lose the vote last night going by that audience. Not representative of the area going by the vote.

I wouldn't call the BBC or Question time representative of anything, er, except the left.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every single news report out of Clacton before the election showed that there was huge interest in the town, packed public meetings etc. You're not going to get me to believe that only 2 or 3 of the 1000+ people who went to an election rally on 24 September, for example, would turn up to be on TV.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/24/Farage-and-clacton-in-1000-people-rally
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched some of this. Harman said something and the audience clapped!
    LOL to perceived unbiased BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »
    I watched some of this. Harman said something and the audience clapped!
    LOL to perceived unbiased BBC.

Eh? How does this make the BBC biased? :confused: