Options

what colours ur dressin gown?

Comments

• Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I've got one. I had one about 12yrs ago that I bought to take to hospital when I was having my youngest. Hospitals are generally the only place that I would choose to wear nighties and dressing gowns. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm a pensioner and get myself a nice wincyette housecoat.
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    If I was a moderator I would delete threads like this.

Oh my god seriously if u dont like it why post in it. Plenty more threads on here!!
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god seriously if u dont like it why post in it. Plenty more threads on here!!

I'm interested into what motivated you to start this thread. Do you actually, genuinely want to know the colour of people's dressing gowns or was it purely an inane need to up your post count?
    And if you ARE interested in the colour of people's dressing gowns, why??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. :blush:

Wish I'd seen this before my last post....sorry. :):):):D

Hehe no probs :)

Me and my friends have the house coat/ dressing gown/ goonie convo from time to time. Think it's a regional thing. Plus I put mine over my clothes sometimes in the day if I'm a bit chilly so to me it's a coat for in the house iykwim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    With what shall I fix it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
    With what shall I fix it, dear Liza, with what?

Alt + F4
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when I'm a pensioner and get myself a nice wincyette housecoat.

Wincyette. I think that might be what I think of when people say housecoat.

http://alittlebitofstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Peggy-Sue-Coles.jpg

My granny wore one in the 70s and 80s when she was cleaning or baking.

If I was Billy Value I'd tell you threads like this should just be sent to Chatter.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Is this really what DS has come to?

Sadly, yes it is. DS/GD is now overrun by trolls, airheads & other assorted annoyances & the mods do little to nothing about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested into what motivated you to start this thread. Do you actually, genuinely want to know the colour of people's dressing gowns or was it purely an inane need to up your post count?
    And if you ARE interested in the colour of people's dressing gowns, why??
    Im genuinely intrested. Im sat here watchin telly in ma dressin gown and i was just wonderin what colour other peoples were. What wrong with that.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Im genuinely intrested. Im sat here watchin telly in ma dressin gown and i was just wonderin what colour other peoples were. What wrong with that.

You put it in GD instead of Chatter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dream of a life so devoid of anything vaguely important or consequential that the colour of strangers dressing gowns interests me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Sadly, yes it is. DS/GD is now overrun by trolls, airheads & other assorted annoyances & the mods do little to nothing about it.

Dont understand why u get so worked up about it?
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt + F4

heheh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but... what colours ur dressin gown?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zounds wrote: »
    Yeah, but... what colours ur dressin gown?

Iv already told u its bright pink fleecy with hearts on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iv already told u its bright pink fleecy with hearts on.
    Sorry, I don't care what colour yours is.

Now Electra has got me curious tho', I say black silk with green stars.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure what they're supposed to do about airheads unless they start testing IQ. But let's not forget we've had that in last couple of weeks and it turns out we're all borderline geniuses.

I'm more than happy with the inane. I only come on here when I'm feeling drained and a bit blah. When I want a serious discussion DS is the last place I'd consider. Diff'rent strokes. I'd take pink star and her dressing gown over Islam and government welfare threads any day of the week. Yet I always forget to venture into Chatter...
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't have one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ...blue..i also have a virginal white one but the cat pissed on it..:(
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Powder blue value fleece one from BHS - nice quality though for cheap, very soft.

Housecoat - definitely what we called them in the 70s - padded quilt type things with buttons.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving to Chatter would suffice.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fluffy, dark blue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member

...i love the smell of pretension in the morning...:)
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Just as well you're not then

We need threads like this.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...i love the smell of pretension in the morning...:)
    It's a valid point.
    The site owners rely on a level of usage and attracting new people and retaining existing people. If they fail to satisfy users, then there will be less site activity and their revenue will suffer. It is in their interest to effectively police the site. This includes managing situations where too many threads on page one are in the wrong forum and hence the user may leave immediately. Users don't have to read threads that they find unappealing, but if they find too many unappealing ones, they may use other forums instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    It's a valid point.
    The site owners rely on a level of usage and attracting new people and retaining existing people. If they fail to satisfy users, then there will be less site activity and their revenue will suffer. It is in their interest to effectively police the site. This includes managing situations where too many threads on page one are in the wrong forum and hence the user may leave immediately. Users don't have to read threads that they find unappealing, but if they find too many unappealing ones, they may use other forums instead.

Has it ever occured to u that not everyone wants to read serious thread discussions. Some people actually like threads like mine and thats why they post their opinions in it and tell me the colour of their dressin gowns. I think it quite sad that some people on here get so wound up about certain threads like mine. And yes im glad u all arnt moderators coz this forum wud b a borin place wiv out members like me. And who wud u have to pick fault at if we all got removed. :-)