Robbie Williams - Destroying Take That twice?

busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
Forum Member
✭✭
So, he left the band once for his own selfish needs.... and now again he is rocking the boat and threatening the future of the band.

It was a very very bad decision to take him back! He only wanted it to help his flailing solo career.

Comments

• LuigiRavioliLuigiRavioli Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Dont be such a drama queen haha.
  • jake19801957jake19801957 Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they shoudnt of ask him to comeback they were doing fine without him
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how

The tour is over. Take that normally take a two year gap between both albums. So robbie can use 2012 for his solo album and then Take that will be back in 2013 i assume.

Hardly threatning the band's future.

His solo career is hardly failing. Rudebox was a hit and miss but he made a successful comeback with his last album.
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    busy_bee wrote: »
    So, he left the band once for his own selfish needs.... and now again he is rocking the boat and threatening the future of the band.

It was a very very bad decision to take him back! He only wanted it to help his flailing solo career.

Sure - but what did anyone expect? :rolleyes:;)

He only signed up because his solo career was floundering and he'd lost the plot. He may be strong on showmanship, but he has little musical talent of his own, which is why he always relies on others (Trevor Horn, Guy Chambers ... Gary Barlow).

I'm sure all five guys have trousered plenty of dosh from the reunion - but money was always the motivator for all of them, let's not pretend.
  • LuigiRavioliLuigiRavioli Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    Sure - but what did anyone expect? :rolleyes:;)

He only signed up because his solo career was floundering and he'd lost the plot. He may be strong on showmanship, but he has little musical talent of his own, which is why he always relies on others (Trevor Horn, Guy Chambers ... Gary Barlow).

I'm sure all five guys have trousered plenty of dosh from the reunion - but money was always the motivator for all of them, let's not pretend.

Losing the plot is hardly his fault. People have issues. Also, he's a popstar so musical talent isnt exactly essential.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    I think this story is a big non-event/ Take That usually take 2 years to release new albums...Robbie has already announced his intention to leave again (as was always the plan) and go solo.

yes they will all be tired after their biggest tour ever, yes after spending months with people (even your family/best friends!) you will get sick of the sight of each other...

what I do find strange about Take That is how they have let the album campaign fizzle out though, their final single 'When We Were Young' is out this week, yet there has been no promo what so ever...the video was out weeks ago!
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this story is a big non-event/ Take That usually take 2 years to release new albums...Robbie has already announced his intention to leave again (as was always the plan) and go solo.

yes they will all be tired after their biggest tour ever, yes after spending months with people (even your family/best friends!) you will get sick of the sight of each other...

what I do find strange about Take That is how they have let the album campaign fizzle out though, their final single 'When We Were Young' is out this week, yet there has been no promo what so ever...the video was out weeks ago!

i find that odd too. they put out progressed with little promotion. however, i guess it was all down to timing as robbie wasn't planning on staying beyond the tour.

it sounds like a non story to be honest. it probably will get filed away with that ridiculous story, about mark owen going solo a couple of years back. i prefer them as a four piece, anyway.
  • JamieEastEnderJamieEastEnder Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I do think Robbie only rejoined to boost his profile again. They should never have had him back and I think had it not been for Mark Owen they wouldn't have. Its no secret Jason and Robbie have never seen eye to eye anyway. This is nothing new. Their relationship is more strained than Robbie's and Gary's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Robbie only rejoined to boost his profile again. They should never have had him back and I think had it not been for Mark Owen they wouldn't have. Its no secret Jason and Robbie have never seen eye to eye anyway. This is nothing new. Their relationship is more strained than Robbie's and Gary's.

that is not what i heard. in fact quite opposite. maybe you mean howard. i know robbie was instrumental in helping jason on his decision about returning to take that.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »

This.

There was no reality in the 'all friends again, put out differences behind us' spiel. They knew it was a massive earner and they were all prepared to tolerate each other to rake in the cash.

Fair play to them though, it worked
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way was the Take That reunion just about money. And Robbie didn't need his profile raising. If anything he gave more of a boost to Take That than they did to him.

It's funny that people say Robbie 'lost the plot' when all he really did was (finally) settle down with a girl and live a normal life for a while!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way was the Take That reunion just about money. And Robbie didn't need his profile raising. If anything he gave more of a boost to Take That than they did to him.

It's funny that people say Robbie 'lost the plot' when all he really did was (finally) settle down with a girl and live a normal life for a while!

i agree robbie didn't need the exposure. i also think the band as a four piece are tight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect this time it's more than just a two year break but we shall have to see, won't we?

Haven't Take That achieved everything they can now, career wise? Apart from crack America which will never happen now.
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    that is not what i heard. in fact quite opposite. maybe you mean howard. i know robbie was instrumental in helping jason on his decision about returning to take that.

I remember it Jamie's way too. I recall in that 2005 ITV one show Jason not being too happy with Robbie at all.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Their comeback has only been successful because of 30 something Mums having a nostalgia fix - I was surrounded at the tour....which I only went to because of a spare ticket and nowt else to do
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feared this would happen. I wish Robbie never had have come back.

I hope the article is bollocks because i don't think they are done. Another 4 piece album would be great.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously? Jason and Robbie told you that themselves then, I take it?

I'm assuming this thread is referring to the (non) story in the Sunday Mirror. Next!
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    i find that odd too. they put out progressed with little promotion. however, i guess it was all down to timing as robbie wasn't planning on staying beyond the tour.

it sounds like a non story to be honest. it probably will get filed away with that ridiculous story, about mark owen going solo a couple of years back. i prefer them as a four piece, anyway.

They could have 'released' the song during Wembley week (LoveLove had quickly been and gone) or even at the same time the video went online...waiting weeks to release it is a strange decision.
  • haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hardly think it matters. If he leaves again they'll just continue without him like they did before, so it's hardly that much of a worry for Take That or their fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember it Jamie's way too. I recall in that 2005 ITV one show Jason not being too happy with Robbie at all.

yes, i remember that. however, jason did turn to robbie for advice over the reunion in 2005.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a286435/jason-orange-didnt-want-take-that-return.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, he's a popstar so musical talent isnt exactly essential.

What a sad attitude. No wonder most music, particularly most mainstream music, is such crap these days if that is many people's attitude.
    Seriously? Jason and Robbie told you that themselves then, I take it?

I'm assuming this thread is referring to the (non) story in the Sunday Mirror. Next!

It has always been obvious. Robbie has spoken out against Jason several times for "taking Gary's side" when Robbie left and Jason made no secret of it in the documentary and no secret of the fact that he wasn't ecstatic about Robbie coming back into the band.
    haim100 wrote: »
    I hardly think it matters. If he leaves again they'll just continue without him like they did before, so it's hardly that much of a worry for Take That or their fans.

Exactly. In fact a large part of their fans were less than happy about him coming back.
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of Take That but their music was much better before they took Robbie back. They then became shite!!
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie messes up everything he touches, the man has serious issues going on in his head.

p.s His solo music has been dire for about 10 years now.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Robbie messes up everything he touches, the man has serious issues going on in his head.

p.s His solo music has been dire for about 10 years now.

Yep, he sure messed up the millions selling Take That and his millions selling solo career. Yep. :rolleyes:
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, he sure messed up the millions selling Take That and his millions selling solo career. Yep. :rolleyes:

You'll find he messed them up by quitting/being forced out in 1995 and more or less ending the group, he has now messed them up again some 16 years later due to his inflated ego and troubled mental state.