Morrissey is being treated for undisclosed cancerous tissue in his body.

2»

Comments

• James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I can't abide this miserable twonk so I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything good about him.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely spot on, Music is so bland these days, love the way Morrissey doesn't pull any punches, which I for one, applaud.

Many would argue we are living currently in the greatest pop/musical era right now, and those who do say so point to the sales which are at record levels right now for pop music. The 2010s will be regarded as the greatest musical decade probably (not my in opinion but what many others will say).
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put 90's in my earlier post by mistake, I've just noticed. Not that it matters but I meant the 80's is when I first became a fan of the glorious Steven Patrick Morrissey. I got into The Smiths not long before they split up, actually, but better late than never, as they say! His love of Oscar Wilde and his passion and care for animals are two of the things that drew me to Morrissey as a person. Upon reading various interviews at the time I loved how he spoke so passionately and honestly about the things he believed in or was against. I always found/find his interviews so interesting to read, as well as his brilliant and clever lyrics. I think he's, as the old and cliched (but true) saying goes a misunderstood genius and he's a real idol to me. Please get well soon Morrissey!
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I put 90's in my earlier post by mistake, I've just noticed. Not that it matters but I meant the 80's is when I first became a fan of the glorious Steven Patrick Morrissey. I got into The Smiths not long before they split up, actually, but better late than never, as they say! His love of Oscar Wilde and his passion and care for animals are two of the things that drew me to Morrissey as a person. Upon reading various interviews at the time I loved how he spoke so passionately and honestly about the things he believed in or was against. I always found/find his interviews so interesting to read, as well as his brilliant and clever lyrics. I think he's, as the old and cliched (but true) saying goes a misunderstood genius and he's a real idol to me. Please get well soon Morrissey!

Loving that statement 'spaceygal'.

Morrissey polarises opinion, but I think anyone who ever appreciated The Smiths, gets , why he was, and still is, an important figure in Music.