Cringeworthy Facebook Statuses

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Faria262 wrote: »
    There's a gbirl I was at school and college with who seems to have her status as "DRINKS?! I'LL PAY!" every day!

Desperate alky as well as being a slag lol.....

I've got one who is exactly the same. Everyday it would be something like "Lady X is off to the pub!! Let's get smashed!".....Every. Freaking. Night.

And when she wasn't "off to the pub" she was "looking forward to the pub". I feel really sorry for her in a way, as she must live a really sad existence if her entire life revolves around alcohol all the time.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's just the way teens and young adults speak nowadays. There is also saying omnomnom when commenting on say... something a friend posted they had to eat or something like that.

Even you writing that made me wanna throw up then. I'm 26, surely i'm a young adult? Please don't tell me otherwise :(
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    TomGrant wrote: »
    Even you writing that made me wanna throw up then. I'm 26, surely i'm a young adult? Please don't tell me otherwise :(

HAHA :D also have several friends who use the term 'good noms'. There is also one friend to actually says ROFL pronouncing it as 'rawful'. Bet that will make you go off your food for a week!!! :D

And by the way I'm a year older than you. I got friends on facebook ranging from 15 to 78 so quite a wide age range to say the least.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avidreader wrote: »
    "Watching (tv programme)"

I've seen that one recently. I want to tell the user "Just leave Facebook alone and enjoy the programme!".
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "i loves my babe soo much" or me n my babes r chilling".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    "I am so happy today, I love my life"
    what self-indulgent drivel. I wish i could shut down all the wall posting and just use FB as an IM and email tool.

I hate Facebook. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother's girlfriend posts things like this every other day (this is a direct copy and paste)!

Some things are easily missed;
    The way we were, The things we said.
    The look on your face, when were lying in bed. The times which were pointless, And good, And bad. The times which I knew you were all that I had!
    But as long as blood is running through my veins my love for you will grow stronger every breathe I take and every mistake I make.
    (followed by my brothers name with a heart)

Is so much in love with her gorgeous boyfriend that she is a very very happy lady :)
    O am starting to smile so much that my face begins to ache ;D
    I love you lots and lots and lots baby
    Thank you for everything and all my little pressies which I have had early :) love you loads

The funny thing is, she usually posts something like this IMMEDIATELY after I've phoned my brother and we've had a good catch up, or arranged to meet up or something - she so insecure it's pathetic!
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I've got a friend who posts a photo of her tea every night :(

She had to go - it made me want to hurl every morning when you log on to a picture of pie and chips *voms*
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adding extra letters onto and into words

This is one of my sisters statuses : Cba to writee aa song soz...i kindaaah need sum inspirationn

I have given up correcting her on her spelling. My spelling isnt great but its readable.
    Forum Member
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    adding extra letters onto and into words

This is one of my sisters statuses : Cba to writee aa song soz...i kindaaah need sum inspirationn

I have given up correcting her on her spelling. My spelling isnt great but its readable.

One of my pet hates is people who use the word 'cum' instead of 'come'. They are very different words!!! :mad:

Oooh and 'fook' is another word that makes me want to poke myself in the eye.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see far too many "status updates" that end with the words"... copy and paste this into your status".

Utter drivel, and makes me want to bash my skull in.
    Forum Member
    Monkeylord wrote: »
    I see far too many "status updates" that end with the words"... copy and paste this into your status".

Utter drivel, and makes me want to bash my skull in.

This is the worst cut and paste type thing I've had :(

Achild says to his mum "mammy I've coloured ur sheets with lipstick"Withanger she hits her child til he's unconcious. Regretting what she's done, crying to her child says "please open your eyes".. its too late his little heart's stopped beating!! She went to her room, her sheets said..."I LOVE YOU MAMMY" post this fo...r 1 hour to say ""......"ENOUGH TO CHILDABUSE
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    One of my pet hates is people who use the word 'cum' instead of 'come'. They are very different words!!! :mad:

Oooh and 'fook' is another word that makes me want to poke myself in the eye.

Annoys me too, another is KK instead of OK its the same amount of words, just to lazy to go fo the O so they do the K twice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    This is the worst cut and paste type thing I've had :(

Achild says to his mum "mammy I've coloured ur sheets with lipstick"Withanger she hits her child til he's unconcious. Regretting what she's done, crying to her child says "please open your eyes".. its too late his little heart's stopped beating!! She went to her room, her sheets said..."I LOVE YOU MAMMY" post this fo...r 1 hour to say ""......"ENOUGH TO CHILDABUSE

Thats hillarious. :D
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Thats hillarious. :D

I dont know what distressed me more - the spelling, the story or the fact the girl who posted it didn't understand it and thought it was something from Childline!
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread, I've currently got 5 people on my page hidden, one who posts "watching jeremy kyle" at 4 in the morning, the girls on benefits but cuts peoples hair on the sly, she posts about it and books the appointments on facebook, then posts a status going "the ****ing brew called me in today, some ****** dobbed me in for working" what did she honestly expect putting it all on facebook!

I hate with a passion the ones about peado's, "this competition is a scam by peados to get your kids copy and paste", ironically was put up by a girl who had taken a picture of her 2 year old child butt naked with her legs wide open! then complained when several people reported the picture and she had to remove it!

I had a girl yesterday complaining on a friend of mines status that claire's wouldn't let her get her kids ear's pierced, the boy is only 2 weeks old! I couldn't resist commenting on my own facebook about it, our mutual friend liked my status too.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got rid of my FB account 3 years ago after a combination of appalling spelling from 'friends' in general, one friend updating her status every half an hour - with the same old shite and an old work colleague offering me sex! I've never looked back!

Wasn't there something in the news about someone putting 'just had an abortion' in thier status? Or something along those lines? :eek: :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    My friend's ex girlfriend writes seem really personal things, such as "I hate it when guys act like they like you, get what they want and then f*** off" or her and another pregnant girl arguing about how the other one is gonna be a bad mother. I wont delete her though, it's sort of like a strange thing, like how everyone looks when you see a car crash
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member

What is wrong with the first one? It's just asking if anyone with a kid wants to go swimming with that person and their kid. Or am i missing something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got rid of my FB account 3 years ago after a combination of appalling spelling from 'friends' in general, one friend updating her status every half an hour - with the same old shite and an old work colleague offering me sex! I've never looked back!

Wasn't there something in the news about someone putting 'just had an abortion' in thier status? Or something along those lines? :eek: :eek:

Shocking :eek::eek::eek:
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with the first one? It's just asking if anyone with a kid wants to go swimming with that person and their kid. Or am i missing something?

Maybe poster was referring to the God awful spelling, punctuation etc...

If this is how the Mother writes I feel sorry for the kids!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Pregnant women/mothers :sleep:

Also, a boy I knew when I was younger has just started college (he's a good few years younger than me) and every thing he posts is accompanied by a load of swear words. He's also got a new girlfriend, which has made his updates 10x worse - "Luv u bby, so fckin much."

I mean, is it really needed?!
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One friend always posts links to music videos, sometimes 10 in a night. Then next day their status is "bad hangover".:rolleyes:
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those youtube music links bug me.
    If I wanted to be on youtube I'd get there off my own bat