Options

Eastenders' Jake - Jamie Lomas finally has a chance to shine!

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I loved Jamie in Hollyoaks and knew that he could act well when he has a decent script, or talking about Eastenders, some lines!!

What did everyone else think of his performance?

What do we want to see from him now?

Comments

• Options
    SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I thought both Sadie and Jake were brilliant last night. having some experience of living with a drinker, the dialogue rang very true. The desperate hope that someone won't drink and the fury and fear when they do. Also, Jake's lying was very accurate too. Weird and wonderful excuses given, lies and flat denials - spot on.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was very impressed by Jamies acting last night Just watch his eyes

EE can write flawed and interesting men very well sometimes.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good actor. I've always liked him.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and fails miserably.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed last night. Jamie still does the "starey" eyes he had in Hollyoaks though, if anyone knows what I mean?
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexy and hot is Jamie but last night he proved he can the mustard as an Actor...yes given the right material he could be great on EE...
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jamie did well last night, but it's just impossible to care. They have done nothing to make the viewer give a damn about Sadie or Jake until last night. The producers don't know what they are doing when it comes to introducing new characters. They can't do big 'straight to the forefront' entrances (see the god awful 'Summer of Moons'), and they evidently can't do slow burn entrances - show 4 scenes of him eye-f*cking / actually f*cking Lauren, then all of a sudden drop a shock reveal :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    I think Jamie did well last night, but it's just impossible to care. They have done nothing to make the viewer give a damn about Sadie or Jake until last night. The producers don't know what they are doing when it comes to introducing new characters. They can't do big 'straight to the forefront' entrances (see the god awful 'Summer of Moons'), and they evidently can't do slow burn entrances - show 4 scenes of him eye-f*cking / actually f*cking Lauren, then all of a sudden drop a shock reveal :rolleyes:

Sounds like you need to switch off then instead of spreading negative comments all the time...
  • Options
    conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    I can not stand his starey eye facial expressions and his forced whispers. I think he is a horrible actor. Thought he was crap in Hollyoaks and even worse here, No wonder they kicked him back across the pond. She wasn't any better either. Their scenes, done by other actors, would have been heart rending, when instead, they just came across as forced. They don't have any chemistry at all, which is a real shame as the storyline is ok.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    I enjoyed last night. Jamie still does the "starey" eyes he had in Hollyoaks though, if anyone knows what I mean?

It was Warren transferred to EE.
    Having said that, i couldn't care less because i simply like watching Jamie on screen. He has a presence, and imo, that's often more important than having technical acting ablitiy.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you need to switch off then instead of spreading negative comments all the time...

I'd rather not but thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

How do people think he did tonight? I thought it was a good seeing him interact with Max. Oh how little Max knows :D
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »

Someone on here said that he looks like a clown when he does that! Lol