What's The Most You've Downloaded In A Week?

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've broken my world record since joining the dark ages of the internet back in 2004... my previous record was about 70gb, it's now
[highlight]485.1GB[/highlight]
:o

Comments

• CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Dunno, but recently probably a couple of GB in games from Steam.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i always remember the usual excuse from people too embarrassed to admit they illegally downloaded being "well i do download linux iso's you know" :)

nearly half a terabyte in a week is a lot of linux iso's .. heh ..
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently... Probably downloading the tales of series plus GB's of work stuff, which would probably make about 40GB combined. I don't keep count but I suspect that was heavier than normal.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spoke to somebody last week and download's 1.8tb a month :o:o:o i will be tailing that right off now and get to a more normal use so could end up being about 700gb this month :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I spoke to somebody last week and download's 1.8tb a month :o:o:o i will be tailing that right off now and get to a more normal use so could end up being about 700gb this month :p

that's insane. what on earth could they possibly download ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only download music, and only from itunes. Every so often I find that I have downloaded 20 tracks and realize that is 20 quid. I have to re-frame it in beer in my mind (to stop myself feeling guilty if my husband sees). That's only a round of drinks in a fairly poncy bar.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Once upon a time I had to download something that was about 200gb using a 3g router at work.
    It was a Friday evening, the connection was shite and everybody else was sloping off early so I decided to do the same, figuring I'd just let it run all night and it'd be finished by morning.

Got a phone-call the following morning to say there was no work and we were getting the weekend off which resulted in many cervezas getting drunk over the next couple of days.

Got into work on Monday morning to realise that, not only was my download complete but it'd been seeding all weekend with a share-ratio of around 8:1. :o:blush:

Fortunately, my boss wasn't that clued-up about 3g data costs so it was just brushed aside as being what it cost to get the job done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Once upon a time I had to download something that was about 200gb using a 3g router at work.
    It was a Friday evening, the connection was shite and everybody else was sloping off early so I decided to do the same, figuring I'd just let it run all night and it'd be finished by morning.

Got a phone-call the following morning to say there was no work and we were getting the weekend off which resulted in many cervezas getting drunk over the next couple of days.

Got into work on Monday morning to realise that, not only was my download complete but it'd been seeding all weekend with a share-ratio of around 8:1. :o:blush:

Fortunately, my boss wasn't that clued-up about 3g data costs so it was just brushed aside as being what it cost to get the job done.

I like that :)

The most i've ever downloaded in one go is 151gb. It was well seeded thankfully, so only took about 8 or 9 hours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I It was well seeded thankfully, so only took about 8 or 9 hours.

I hope you cleaned your keyboard afterwards. With a non-alcoholic based wipe obviously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you cleaned your keyboard afterwards. With a non-alcoholic based wipe obviously.

Heh :)

It was the complete collection of Mystery Science Theatre 3000, for the record. Nothing smutty !
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded all of Prisoner Cell Block H around 5 years ago - that was about 250Gb in one week. Still got it on an HD somewhere too. And yes, I watched every single episode!
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly bother to check these days, but when I did at home it used to hover around the 500GB per week mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be a "light" user then :)
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use my mobile to download and its about 25gb a week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of MP3s.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It varies how much I download each week. If a film comes out on bluray that I buy, I will then download a rip to watch on any of my devices. But now that the TV is picking up again, I will download a number of shows at USA pace without adverts and before it comes on UK screens.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    IIRC about 400 GB but usually a lot less.

I know that I *could* download 5TB in a week, if I wanted to, but if I kept on doing it, my "Unlimited" Internet provider would probably start to take an interest, eventually!
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I've broken my world record since joining the dark ages of the internet back in 2004... my previous record was about 70gb, it's now
    [highlight]485.1GB[/highlight]
    :o
    What's that then, about ten boxsets? C'mon, which ones? And which ISP and package are you on if you weren't throttled?
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth are you all downloading to get so much in one week?
    I have downloaded 70gb in the past 31 days and 8 of that was the land before time collection for the kid.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use around about 450GB a month this due to watching youtube , net radio , a few 1080P DTS films can be over 12GB each. Also sky demand shows are very big and can be over 2GB each.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Probably around 50 gb a month. Most of that is the free xbox live and psn+ games.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably when I've downloaded a game such as World of Warcraft. Usually it's no more than a couple of gb in a week.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know for sure because I've never added it all up before. I'd guess around 300GB back in 2009 when BT weren't happy about people using their service to download heavily. I'm not a HEAVY downloader anyway. I might reach about 200GBs if I need more HD videos. I seriously doubt I'd ever reach well into the hundreds of GBs unless file sizes started increasing a lot.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    i always remember the usual excuse from people too embarrassed to admit they illegally downloaded being "well i do download linux iso's you know" :)

nearly half a terabyte in a week is a lot of linux iso's .. heh ..

I came in to say excatly the same thing!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only download music and only from Bandcamp (FLAC) or 7 Digital (MP3 320). I don't do it often as I normally just splurge after I get paid. I'd be looking at maybe 5 - 10gb.