Options

Taylor Swift and.... Emily?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
Forum Member
✭✭
I found this thread on lipstick alley http://www.lipstickalley.com/f15/taylor-swifts-sexuality-tea-455266/ which refers to a girl called Emily Poe, who was Taylor's fiddle player. Taylor made a tribute video to her which is posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nvgO3Uc3Zk4 She was suddenly fired by Taylor's management, and Taylkor herself confirmed that she wrote 'Breathe' about Emily.

It could just have been a close friendship, but then why would Taylor's management have wanted to take that from Taylor?

This could be one theory as to why she is always photographed with the guy of the moment, but the supposed relationships only last five minutes?

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I found this thread on lipstick alley http://www.lipstickalley.com/f15/taylor-swifts-sexuality-tea-455266/ which refers to a girl called Emily Poe, who was Taylor's fiddle player. Taylor made a tribute video to her which is posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nvgO3Uc3Zk4 She was suddenly fired by Taylor's management, and Taylkor herself confirmed that she wrote 'Breathe' about Emily.

It could just have been a close friendship, but then why would Taylor's management have wanted to take that from Taylor?

This could be one theory as to why she is always photographed with the guy of the moment, but the supposed relationships only last five minutes?

Mutual benefit to Taylor and her "boyfriend's" career.
  • Options
    elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily poe? she's a nobody.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

Am I the only one sniggering in the corner.:eek::D

Oh:o
  • Options
    sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is rumoured that all the men she dates are gay.

Do they really set up fake relationships still, it's the 21st century.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's rich old men securing their investments by forcing young artists into these charades. I'd so wish somebody kept kicking their arses until they started spitting out shoelaces.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sands11 wrote: »

I have often wondered why she would be seen always with all these different men(who all have rumours regarding their sexuality) women usual beard to make names for themselves, she does not need to do that UNLESS the man is also helping her out in other words Bearding for each other, after all she has the middle America's fanbase who are known to not be open minded on sexuality i should say....
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is a lezz and her men are beards then doesnt that make a mockery of her selfpitying blame songs she makes after every break up?
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    If she is a lezz and her men are beards then doesnt that make a mockery of her selfpitying blame songs she makes after every break up?

Not really, since it's good business sense lol, people like break up songs.

As I've said before, Styles calling her "asexual" before is pretty damning imho.
  • Options
    incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must admit when i read that line my first reaction to it was :eek: :D:o:p
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    US country fans are not renowned for their liberal views on 'alternative' sexuality. Historically, 70-80% of Taylor's worldwide album sales have come from the US. Her 'relationships' do seem bizarre but that's not to say they aren't 'real'.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Taylor's right wing fans would rather see her with an endless series of failed relationships with men than one happy and lasting one with a woman.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Taylor's right wing fans would rather see her with an endless series of failed relationships with men than one happy and lasting one with a woman.

She's made enough money to say "f- em" if she wants.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do remember rumours surrounding Taylor when she first came onto the scene about how she was 'bi in school' etc and how she was indeed dating this 'Emily' girl but her manager fired her to keep her 'girl next door' image intact...plus none of Taylor's relationships ever seem to work out or last very long, I don't know, but it's sad if she feels or is being told that she has to hide who she really is, especially in today's society...

She seems to have crossed over from Country into Pop now anyway, so I can't see how it would hurt her brand/sales/image now tbh, especially as stars like Rihanna, Katy, Jessie J, Nicki etc have those kinds of rumours/use that to promote themselves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any actor/actress or singer who hasn't been rumoured to be gay/bi?
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    US country fans are not renowned for their liberal views on 'alternative' sexuality. Historically, 70-80% of Taylor's worldwide album sales have come from the US. Her 'relationships' do seem bizarre but that's not to say they aren't 'real'.

There is a difference been dates that are set up by your management because you don't have time to go out and meet someone the normal way and hiding your sexuality. Personally I think Taylor is a case of the former rather than the later but that's me finding.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »

She's not made anywhere near enough money for her bosses yet though, which is why this sorry charade persists.
  • Options
    DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    Is there any actor/actress or singer who hasn't been rumoured to be gay/bi?

toby keith.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

I snorted I have to admit :o:D:D
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »

Would be no surprise if this were the case. It's also hard to do an about face when you've trod or been advised to tread, the same path for years.

This is why it's better to honest from the outset imo. Because unless you are, it. just. gets. worse, to coin the opposite of the famous phrase.
  • Options
    TonyOtherTonyOther Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    sands11 wrote: »

Of course they do. You forget the big, big bucks at stake here which wouldn't necessrily roll in if, for example, Ms Swift admitted she preferred women and her more recent boygfiend, the chap from One D, can't remember his name, admitted he prefers guys. What is all this 'we're modern now, and surely above this kind of thing' bollocks? Plus ca change, plus la meme chose, and never forget that piece of wisdom.
  • Options
    TonyOtherTonyOther Posts: 108
    Forum Member

No, because 1) the are pop songs, and 2) you can be a lesbian, have strong emotions and still be upset after a break-up.
  • Options
    FluffynpinKFluffynpinK Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    TonyOther wrote: »
    No, because 1) the are pop songs, and 2) you can be a lesbian, have strong emotions and still be upset after a break-up.

Lol.
    I think what he means by her songs will be a mockery is that she has said that her songs are about her ex-boyfriends, and if it comes out that she is a lesbian or whatever, then it'll mean her songs are fake and a mockery blah blah blha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

right there with you :o:o:D
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Mutual benefit to Taylor and her "boyfriend's" career.

exactly

13 yr old girls are conditioned in the cinderella myth

so everyones in on it but the cash cow