✭✭✭
Steph Scully's back - Channel 5 Promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Y1iSwi6FU

Comments

• tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's awful
    They have totally ruined her & after she kidnaps Patrick I don't know how they'll ever redeem the character
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Completely ruined her character. Terrible return that should never have happened. :(
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Completely ruined her character. Terrible return that should never have happened. :(

Agree!
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    So se is back just to ruin people's lives?
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Steph has mental illness... It is not the normal Steph. She is not herself.
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    She's awful
    They have totally ruined her & after she kidnaps Patrick I don't know how they'll ever redeem the character

I think kidnapping is a step too far, maybe simply being the newest viven would have been a perfect opportunity to spice up the show
  • ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 'Webisodes' of Steph in prison (psych analysis), starting here 1/3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_kmPRC5Ds
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    So se is back just to ruin people's lives?

:rolleyes: Apparently she thinks she's Emily Thorne and Erinsborough is The Hamptons.
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Apparently she thinks she's Emily Thorne and Erinsborough is The Hamptons.

LMAO, who framed her father, is all I'd like to know.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    LMAO, who framed her father, is all I'd like to know.

It's just stupid. She killed Ringo, yes it was an accident but she deserved some punishment so how can she be out of revenge??? Besides Paul and Izzy Neighbours have always been woeful at villains.
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    It's just stupid. She killed Ringo, yes it was an accident but she deserved some punishment so how can she be out of revenge??? Besides Paul and Izzy Neighbours have always been woeful at villains.

Not only that, but everyone around her put their lives on hold for her. She slept with her best friend's ex, got pregnant, Toadie dumped Sonya for her, was ready to marry her, was there for every step of the way, put Sonya on hold again for her, and now she wants revenge on him too?

And now she wants to wreck Lucas' life, when he has finally found happiness, just because she wants it instead?
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Not only that, but everyone around her put their lives on hold for her. She slept with her best friend's ex, got pregnant, Toadie dumped Sonya for her, was ready to marry her, was there for every step of the way, put Sonya on hold again for her, and now she wants revenge on him too?

And now she wants to wreck Lucas' life, when he has finally found happiness, just because she wants it instead?

Quite. I foresee many weeks of shouting at the TV. Of course, I COULD just not watch......but that ain't happening!!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the old Steph, gutted what they're going to do to her.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title of this strand is misleading. Steph isn't back to get revenge on anyone. According to the webisodes, she's had a rough time in jail and some strange thoughts have got into her head. I think the main reason she comes back is to try and get back together with Lucas, only he's with Vanessa so that's going to be a problem for her.

I really liked Steph (2000-09) but things went wrong for the character after that, so I think it's fair that she could come back and have become a bit twisted behind bars. I think it will be a big two months for the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the reviews I have heard from the Oz Pace watchers, They really enjoy these episode with Steph and her current storyline.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    From the reviews I have heard from the Oz Pace watchers, They really enjoy these episode with Steph and her current storyline.

Actually, a lot of Australian viewers hate the new Steph :(
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member

Really? Steph is getting a lot of hate :confused: They have totally ruined her character
    Forum Member
    Towie1977 wrote: »
    The title of this strand is misleading. Steph isn't back to get revenge on anyone. According to the webisodes, she's had a rough time in jail and some strange thoughts have got into her head. I think the main reason she comes back is to try and get back together with Lucas, only he's with Vanessa so that's going to be a problem for her.

I really liked Steph (2000-09) but things went wrong for the character after that, so I think it's fair that she could come back and have become a bit twisted behind bars. I think it will be a big two months for the show.

It would be interesting to see her get a bit twisted behind the bars, but IMO this kind of behavior is just typical for Steph. I didn't watch when she was with Lucas, but I watched her return and Toadie falling on the sword for her. She was so weak, that she couldn't admit to sleeping with her friends ex, so she allowed Sonya to be harassed by her friends and family around town, she was allowing Toadie to throw his life away for her. She was self centered and horrible. I see no difference in her actions compared to this return. Instead of killing someone while speeding, she will
    kidnap an innocent baby, because Lucas won't become her Toadie, and stop his own life because of her

She may have been an awesome character before, but the one I've seen is ,self centered, self destructive, weak and manipulative.

The part of this sl I am looking forward to is
    Vanessa putting her foot down, and telling Lucas, that if he wants Vanessa in his life Steph has to be out of it. I wonder how Toadie and Lucas will convince her not to press charges against Steph when she kidnaps Vanessa's baby.
  • MrAndrewMrAndrew Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Okay, Steph is NOT out for 'revenge' in any shape or form. At worst, she is annoyed with Toadie for representing her at her trial. She is suffering from some unknown mental illness (at this point) so her actions are being fuelled by that.

The australian viewers who are moaning are those that have no sympathy or understanding, and just take things completely at face value. She was ruined BEFORE she left, that was a major topic at the time, now her actions are part-way to being explained.
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got me wondering why hasn't The Scully family come to visit her the moment she was out?
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But hasn't Steph always been a bit strange and wanted what someone else has? She wanted Libby's men and her lifestyle, now she is after Vanessa's.

It is a shame as Steph used to be a fan favourite. The creepy addictive person she has now become is good, but kidnapping the child is a bit much. I know it's only a soap but awkward!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    Really? Steph is getting a lot of hate :confused: They have totally ruined her character

She going through a hard tme at the momen, its not the steph we all know and love
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrAndrew wrote: »
    Okay, Steph is NOT out for 'revenge' in any shape or form. At worst, she is annoyed with Toadie for representing her at her trial. She is suffering from some unknown mental illness (at this point) so her actions are being fuelled by that.

The australian viewers who are moaning are those that have no sympathy or understanding, and just take things completely at face value. She was ruined BEFORE she left, that was a major topic at the time, now her actions are part-way to being explained.

I agree that the character was ruined before she left, it was a low point for the show and a frustrating time to watch. But I think there is now an opportunity to explain all of that. Mental illness is something that develops over a number of years and I'm hoping its revealed she has been suffering from something going back a long time and it was just not diagnosed. Being in prison could easily have made it worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised that Steph isn't back on a permanent basis
    Forum Member
    How long is her return? I'm watching Aussie space, and I'm already fed up with her.