Options

Since when did Louis flop with Group category ?

MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm so disappointed in Louis Walsh this year, I didn't remember he was this bad with song choice and get it right with The Groups ..

Even last year, song choice for Luke and Nicholas were spot on .. He managed to get Union J and JLS to final too but what happened to him this year ? He lost his spark and always got his act in bottom for first 2 weeks in a row.

Comments

• Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed in Louis Walsh this year, I didn't remember he was this bad with song choice and get it right with The Groups ..

Even last year, song choice for Luke and Nicholas were spot on .. He managed to get Union J and JLS to final too but what happened to him this year ? He lost his spark and always got his act in bottom for first 2 weeks in a row.
    Don't blame Louis plz.. Boys of summer? Bad song choice? LMAO I even recall MEL saying it was strong choice and TBH it was just they could not deliver.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    I don't think he believes in them or cares about them as much as he is letting on. Last year when they were asking him what his secret was? As he was the only one at a certain point who had more acts in the competition than the other judges. He said something like "When I get a good category..." proving he isn't all that useless he did manage to get Luke and Nicholas to the final.

Either that or he is completely useless with a group like Only The Young.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Milkita wrote: »

The same thing happened in the year with JLS though. He lost 2 acts in the first two weeks. But his attitude was that you only need one good act to win it. If he can help Only The Young deliver it could be a similar story. (Or if he can help octogroup get it together, but if they're falling to the bottom this early, I'm not confident for their chances)
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's not much you can do with the group category. Usually the public only vaguely takes to one of them at most.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he believes in them or cares about them as much as he is letting on. Last year when they were asking him what his secret was? As he was the only one at a certain point who had more acts in the competition than the other judges. He said something like "When I get a good category..." proving he isn't all that useless he did manage to get Luke and Nicholas to the final.

Either that or he is completely useless with a group like Only The Young.
    Louis has worked with world class boybands. He has been there done it all..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Louis has worked with world class boybands. He has been there done it all..

I'm aware. I just don't get that vibe from him about SK but we will see as it's still early in the competition. BTW, I actually like OTY just if there was any confusion for my earlier post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm aware. I just don't get that vibe from him about SK but we will see as it's still early in the competition. BTW, I actually like OTY just if there was any confusion for my earlier post.
    Totally agree but in my eyes, SK are simply not world class.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember Jedward's year. Of course, that category had so many women so Lou-Lou was bound to fail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Remember Jedward's year. Of course, that category had so many women so Lou-Lou was bound to fail
    We are humans, not robots, opinions can change.
  • Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis has been hit and miss with the groups category over the years. There have been years he's excelled with a single group (G4, JLS), some he's done decently with a couple of acts (McDonald Brothers + Eton Road, Union J + District 3) and a few where he completely flopped (Jedward's year and likely this one too). Yeah, you've counted right, this is the sixth year Louis has the groups...
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    The groups category is the toughest as it's hard for people to connect with five or eight people. They can grow into the show but they are at risk of going early.

Louis has had the groups too often - why not Cheryl?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's always got it wrong but the occasional good act has made it through despite of him not because of him.

He almost ruined JLS but they had enough about them to put their own ideas forward. He won with Shayne Ward but his defining week when he sang Cry Me A River, Simon suggested the song.

He is clueless and stuck in a time warp. Unless it's bland Westlife style ballads, camp disco or oddballs, he has no idea what to do with an act.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    The groups category is the toughest as it's hard for people to connect with five or eight people. They can grow into the show but they are at risk of going early.

Louis has had the groups too often - why not Cheryl?

I agree with this.It takes time for the audience to connect with groups.Apart from JLS whose JLS colours brand probably helped.It is either they grow or go early.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He's always got it wrong but the occasional good act has made it through despite of him not because of him.

He almost ruined JLS but they had enough about them to put their own ideas forward. He won with Shayne Ward but his defining week when he sang Cry Me A River, Simon suggested the song.

He is clueless and stuck in a time warp. Unless it's bland Westlife style ballads, camp disco or oddballs, he has no idea what to do with an act.

Totally agree with this, I think he is a hindrance - and anyone under his 'care' who progresses does so despite his presence. He is hopeless.
  • Options
    DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree PAL65 Louis is pretty hopeless, they need a shake up on the panel, havent taken to MelB either