James Corden's major flop in US?

123457»

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I don't understand why so many people on this forum have it in for James Corden.
    Why do people continually post about how they want him to fail?

I hope his chat show venture goes well for him. Other than that I have little interest.
    If it fails he will easily be able to get more acting work.

100% agree with you.

I like James - I love his writing and he is a talented actor/performer. I read his autobiography and it would appear (by his own admission) that he did get a bit too big for his boots at one time. He later realised and reined his ego in. I think it probably happens to a lot of TV/Film folk when they are suddenly in demand.

I 'm heartened to hear it's going well - I hope it continues.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he messes up catastrophically
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweaty - Are you in the US? Just wondering where you are able to view his shows? Shame you put yourself through them only to find you weren't impressed!

I'd love to watch them! I like James! :p ......Okay, probably mad to admit this and I know he was a bit obsequious, but even enjoyed his road trip with Gary Barlow! :D Thanks!

Watching via streaming, still watching his performances, still not seeing any improvement.

Apparently his contract is only for a year with a get out clause for CBS should he tank after the initial excitement.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he messes up catastrophically

Good news. The way they're apparently loving him out there, he won't be coming back to England for a very long time.

I heard him being described by one American as John Candy Meets Jim Carrey. :D:D:o

No doubt he will make 100 films before he comes back to the UK.:D:p
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt he will make 100 films before he comes back to the UK.:D:p
    It okay, my multiplex has very good signs to stop me wandering into the wrong theatre.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    I have no need to "see" it..
    Just looking at those horrid stills of him & Hanks dressed up made me feel sick
    They may love him now, but it'll soon fall apart

USA can keep him

Good lord you seem judgmental.

Do you really think Hanks would have said yes to it if it was that shabbily done?

In actuality, while it was hardly a masterpiece, it wasn't bad either. It was an innocuous bit of self-mockery by Hanks with Corden just serving as someone to play the jokes off of. At worst it was dull, not sickening.

Kind of the case overall with Corden--at worst dull. You'd think he was an axe murderer, the way some are reacting to the mere IDEA of him succeeding.
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    Good lord you seem judgmental.

Do you really think Hanks would have said yes to it if it was that shabbily done?

In actuality, while it was hardly a masterpiece, it wasn't bad either. It was an innocuous bit of self-mockery by Hanks with Corden just serving as someone to play the jokes off of. At worst it was dull, not sickening.

Kind of the case overall with Corden--at worst dull. You'd think he was an axe murderer, the way some are reacting to the mere IDEA of him succeeding.

Tom Hanks is a veteran of late night tv show cameos for some reason, most think he does it as a favour for his producer friends. He was on Jimmy Kimmel's late show for a long time during 2011-13 at one point doing skits and improv parts.
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well is the show flopping? I found that prank funny

Oh anyway I heard him and D cooper are an item his wife is a beard apparently will I get in trouble for this speculation?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well by accounts he's received rave reviews. Well done James.
  • EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh anyway I heard him and D cooper are an item his wife is a beard apparently will I get in trouble for this speculation?

Ere! You can't hit and run like that. :o Who is an item with "D Cooper"? And who is D Cooper?
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A note of caution: Piers Morgan had pretty good ratings in his first week. The true test will be when the big name guests dry up.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    Ere! You can't hit and run like that. :o Who is an item with "D Cooper"? And who is D Cooper?

The fella from Mamma Mia
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    Very well said. This has to be the most sensible post I've read on this forum, thank you for saying it. It will be ignored, rebuffed and glossed over because some people just don't want to get it how they come across, particularly when wishing something unpleasant against a person they don't know and don't like because he's 'fat' or 'fake' or 'not funny' or 'a nob' or 'not talented', all subjective opinions. This person has done nothing to you, he's trivial, and you have a choice to listen to him or not, yet you want to gloat in their yet to happen failure. That is not a good look. The irony of what some here are calling him is lost.

For the record I couldn't care less about Corden. Seen him on some stuff, wasn't my thing, I moved on. I don't hang around things I don't like.

Saying that I love DS. I come on when I need a laugh, this was a funny thread. Irony is funny.

Thanks. I just thought it had to be said. Expected a more vociferous response but suppose it is easier to ignore and plough on.
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Agree with all of that - some people just aren't happy unless they are anonymously slagging people off on internet forums.

Its probably one of the ugliest things about the internet.

This thread is actually very young if it is still going in 5 years time it is time to really talk about ugly.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nahh, that's been old news for ages. Whether it's true is another matter.

Not a clue mate but yeah, it's out there.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Ok - I didn't like James Corden - but am loving this show !

The episode where they knock on some random front door and did the entire show from "tommys house" was so funny.

Reminded me of Noels House Party stunts - but was hysterical - especially the hide and seek game - can you imagine Jeff Goldblum and Beck playing hide and seek in your house.

I did think that James was turning into Ricky Gervais at points during this episode though !

Its become a daily show to watch for me.

Dave
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched the show, but if it airs at 12.35am Pacific Time, that only covers a small part of the US. The rest of the country would be pretty much asleep - New York would be 3.35am.

So those who were up to watch it would have been mainly on the west coast.