EE: Who is Buster?

SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
Forum Member
✭✭
Maybe I missed something, but where did Buster spring from? Was he in EE before or has he only been invented now to add to Shirley, Mick and Dean's back-story?

Comments

• Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I don't think he has been in Eastenders before (although I could be wrong) and that he is there to fill in the blank of Dean and Mick's biological father and to give some insight into Shirley's life when she was a teenager.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Buster? It's what you call a dog.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's another retcon from Shirleys past
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buster was in Eastenders a few months back. He was living in that caravan with Shirley ... or did I imagine it? :o
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Buster was in Eastenders a few months back. He was living in that caravan with Shirley ... or did I imagine it? :o

Yes, that did happen. ^_^ My interpretation of the OP's question was whether Buster had been in Eastenders with Shirley before all the Mick and Dean stuff happened, as part of her past. My bad if I got it wrong.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    The word retcon gets thrown about so much but Buster's existence isn't a retcon, it doesn't change any established facts.We didn't know anything about Shirley's life before Kevin, we don't know a lot about when she was with him or after she left him, so there is no established facts changing and therefore, imo, not a retcon.

I'm quite interested to find out where Buster fits into Shirley's past and enjoyed the little snippets of their back story that we have found out.

Buster first featured back in November last year when Mick and Dean went to find Shirley in Ramsgate and they accidently brought Buster back in her place. He hasn't featured prior to that and this now, is his second stint.
  • nightwish1990nightwish1990 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the bloke from the Flash advert. Acting greatness.
    Forum Member
    He is the bloke from the Flash advert. Acting greatness.

He was in those films with Keith Moon wasn't he? He was also in this show in the 80/90s about a painter and decorator and 'get some in'- also does theatre, did Mouse Trap in the theatre a few years back too, I don't think he has been properly on TV for a while though.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks to everyone who replied to my question. :cool:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another actor essentially playing himself
    Bafta royalty
  • Edward_QuackensEdward_Quackens Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    He was in those films with Keith Moon wasn't he? He was also in this show in the 80/90s about a painter and decorator and 'get some in'- also does theatre, did Mouse Trap in the theatre a few years back too, I don't think he has been properly on TV for a while though.

Was also in the shortlived ITV sitcom babes in the woods with denise van outen and samantha janus so we are pretty close to a full cast reunion now.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him from Brush Strokes, really showing my age.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Yes, that did happen. ^_^ My interpretation of the OP's question was whether Buster had been in Eastenders with Shirley before all the Mick and Dean stuff happened, as part of her past. My bad if I got it wrong.

Ah, understood. :)
    In which case I am not sure either. but I don't think so. :)
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Buster is the answer to all your questions. Buster is life.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meant to be Dean's dad, isn't he?
    Maybe Mick's also???? Not sure about Carly....
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something, but where did Buster spring from? Was he in EE before or has he only been invented now to add to Shirley, Mick and Dean's back-story?

when Shirley disappeared, Mick and Dean went to find her - they found her living in an old caravan where they used to go on holiday as kids - that is when Buster appeared - not sure if Shirley contacted him or he contacted her but that is when he first appeared

He is Dean and Micks biological father
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Buster is the answer to all your questions. Buster is life.

:D:D:D
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    love buster he makes shirley a happier person