I don't like children

Comments

• Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some sort of control?

Jesus some of the things I read on this forum

How is population control a strange idea perhaps you could visist www.populationmatters.com and see that it is not such a strange concept.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like well behaved children
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    GibsonGirl wrote: »

I am NOT ranting! I am stating FACTS that some of you are uncomfortable with and the only way you can respond to that is with nastiness and snarky replies like yours!

There was nothing nasty in my post. I'm pointing out that you are being rude and aggressive to almost everyone. If you want to persuade people that your argument is good, try explaining things calmly and rationally and stop calling people names.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natgar wrote: »
    First Of all you are mixing up your posters I was never bullied at school. Children cannot be replaced but neither can someone's pet as both have their own personalities and identities. As far as people that stated that children can be replaced in was only in regard to others callous posts that pets can just be replaced.

How would you know if some one I cruel or would give a child an intolerable life? Many people who profess their love for their children have abused them. I think that in this thread are 2 such different views that both sides cannot see the others.

Nobody on has posted that in a highly unlikely burning furnace that they would not save their own child or pet but that's they would choose to save their pet over a stranger or strangers child how does that effect their own child.

Sorry of I mixed up my posters regardless a human life is worth more than that of an animal to me. If your dog and someone elses child was in a burning building you'd leave that child to die would you? I find that horrific. Sorry if the animal got burned but in reality in the animal world they will usually save themselves first. Yes we have stories of animals putting themselves in danger to save humans but we have plenty of stories the other way around too.

Also regardless of someone saying an animal can be replaced and to equate that with someone losing a child is just utterly ridiculous and unfeeling. I hope you're never in a burning building with someones pet and they put them before you because what a bite on the arse that would be huh?
  • Options
    GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    Sorry of I mixed up my posters regardless a human life is worth more than that of an animal to me. If your dog and someone elses child was in a burning building you'd leave that child to die would you? I find that horrific. Sorry if the animal got burned but in reality in the animal world they will usually save themselves first. Yes we have stories of animals putting themselves in danger to save humans but we have plenty of stories the other way around too.

Also regardless of someone saying an animal can be replaced and to equate that with someone losing a child is just utterly ridiculous and unfeeling. I hope you're never in a burning building with someones pet and they put them before you because what a bite on the arse that would be huh?

My dogs are part of my family and are just as important to me as my other family members. If it came to saving a member of my family or a stranger first, then I would prioritise family. My dogs also live with me 24/7 and I have a much bigger bond with them than I would with a stranger. In fact I would have no kind of bond at all with a stranger.

And for the umpteenth time - humans are animals too and there is absolutely nothing to prove that humans are more important!

The fact that you think that somebody else saving a member of their family first is 'horrific' speaks volumes about you!
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like well behaved quiet children who don't annoy me in supermarkets
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    And for the umpteenth time - humans are animals too and there is absolutely nothing to prove that humans are more important!

The status that all societies bestow upon people legally, socially and ethically above animals would tend to suggest you are wrong.
  • Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe there are posters seriously saying they would save an animal over a child?

And some even comparing the loss of a pet to the loss of a child? In anyone's world that is outrageously disrespectful and cruel.

The truth is, as much as you don't like to hear it, pets are not your family, they are creatures that rely on you for sustenance.

You give them food and they reciprocate by licking you; and you think that's love? It's not. If you do then in guessing you've actually experienced love.

To even compare the bond between someone and their pet to the bond between a parent and a child makes you look extremely emotionally stunted.

I'm going to take a guess that all of the posters saying they would save an animal over a child are:

A.) Childless
    B.) Single, and
    C.) Have very few friends.

The fact is it's easy to develop a relationship with a domesticated animal; you just feed it and that's it, if you can't deal with a more complicated relationship the problem is with you, not the rest of humanity.

I've seen countless posts saying "I prefer animals because they don't judge me" well, if your advocating a child's death over that of a dogs then you deserve to be judged.
    And that's probably the reason you prefer animals to people, you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you, or questioning you, or trying to make you better yourself. No. It's far easier to stick with a relationship with an animal, that generations of domestication have mutated into a docile state it's not meant to have, than actually try to form a bond with a human being that might make you question yourself.

Sorry for the long rant, but seeing some posters even suggest that losing a pet is in anyway comparable to losing a child just makes me question what kind of "humans" they are actually are.
  • Options
    Eddie MunsterEddie Munster Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a difference in not wanting children and not liking children.

If you fall in the latter, then you have a serious psychological issue.
    Hogeyz wrote: »
    I can't believe there are posters seriously saying they would save an animal over child?.

Unfortunately we have some very sick people on the planet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dogs are part of my family and are just as important to me as my other family members. If it came to saving a member of my family or a stranger first, then I would prioritise family. My dogs also live with me 24/7 and I have a much bigger bond with them than I would with a stranger. In fact I would have no kind of bond at all with a stranger.

The fact that you think that somebody else saving a member of their family first is 'horrific' speaks volumes about you!

What I said was you should save a family member over an animal. I stand by that and I personally think my attitude is a lot healthier than yours. Like I said thank god you don't have kids, I consider that a blessing for the child.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I can't believe there are posters seriously saying they would save an animal over a child?

I can't believe people can't get over it!

The truth is, as much as you don't like to hear it, pets are not your family, they are creatures that rely on you for sustenance.

Mine are my family

I'm going to take a guess that all of the posters saying they would save an animal over a child are:

A.) Childless
    B.) Single, and

A and C are right but I've been in a relationship for 14 years this year
    The fact is it's easy to develop a relationship with a domesticated animal; you just feed it and that's it, if you can't deal with a more complicated relationship the problem is with you, not the rest of humanity.

Right so it's my fault the people in my life have lied, kept thins from me and hurt me?

No just no

And that's probably the reason you prefer animals to people, you can't cope with someone disagreeing with you, or questioning you, or trying to make you better yourself. No. It's far easier to stick with a relationship with an animal, that generations of domestication have mutated into a docile state it's not meant to have, than actually try to form a bond with a human being that might make you question yourself.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, I do have a problem with people trying to control me which humans do, animals don't

What I said was you should save a family member over an animal. I stand by that and I personally think my attitude is a lot healthier than yours. Like I said thank god you don't have kids, I consider that a blessing for the child.

Why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And some even comparing the loss of a pet to the loss of a child? In anyone's world that is outrageously disrespectful and cruel.

You give them food and they reciprocate by licking you; and you think that's love? It's not. If you do then in guessing you've actually experienced love.

To even compare the bond between someone and their pet to the bond between a parent and a child makes you look extremely emotionally stunted.

A.) Childless
    B.) Single, and

I've seen countless posts saying "I prefer animals because they don't judge me" well, if your advocating a child's death over that of a dogs then you deserve to be judged.

Sorry for the long rant, but seeing some posters even suggest that losing a pet is in anyway comparable to losing a child just makes me question what kind of "humans" they are actually are.

How can you judge the emotional reaction people having lost someone they loved? You might feel that the loss of a pet nowhere equates to the loss of a child but since you cannot feel what somebody else does you are basing that on your own understanding of emotions based on your feelings and life. To me my pets are part of my family if you don't believe that, that is your right but don't tell me what I should feel after all it's my family not yours.

This is one of the most narcissistic and demeaning posts I have ever read.

If my feelings re the loss of my pet, hypothetically , does not equate to the degree of pain a parent may suffer.,according to you. Then it still might be more than I could bear. why should I suffer at all, the stupid example of the Burning building? What gives anyone the right to determine that I should risk my life to save a child completely disregarding that I would then have to ignore my pet and my pain and sacrifice for another.

That point of view is narcissism at its best. It's not a point of comparing suffering it is the point of what I as a person would be willing to risk my life for and its not anyone outside my family and friendship curve child, how can you not get that? I really don't know why you would think me weird for not risking my life for anyone else, in my experience not many people do, Lot of people would let them all burn. I have no children but have loads of friends, a husband, a family, pets and am not going to argue to all their importance , I would save them all over any stranger. I still am shocked that you can sit on this post and judge people for who or what they care about, narcissistic blinkers. how can anyone presume to weigh the vale of another's pain?

Most people are far more willing to take that risk for what is important to them. Frankly you cannot judge what person may feel for losing a pet or child. it's personal pain and only the one feeling it c an judge. I don't care if you feel my pain may be less than you cause you lost a pet and me a child. i would be sorry for the loss but since I am not psychic and you have no idea of someone else's pain. in essence why should. I discount my pain to say rescue your child.

People feel differently and think differently, maturity. May help someone understand that.

This attitude of human superiority and expounding the concept that felling the death of the child had to equate more than a pet, which to some people are non sentient beings bs, makes me sick. the planet is in dire straits due to humans arrogance and self importance and this thread proves it., A lot of humans believe that only they matter, only they feel real pain,only they fee love and only their lives matter and to top that they decide that a loss of a human has tube worse and more painful than the loss of any other mammal.

The narcissi.m And delusion of importance is both funny and deeply sad and why the poster has helped me reiterated my opinion that animals rule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you judge the emotional reaction people having lost someone theY loved? You might feel that the loss of a pet nowhere equates to the loss of a child but since you cannot feel what somebody else does you are basing that on your own understanding of emotions based on your feelings and life. To me my pets are part of my family if you don't believe that, that is your right but don't tell me what I should feel after all it's my family not yours.

This is one of the most narcissistic and demeaning posts I have ever read.

why should I suffer at all, the stupid example of the Burning building?
    What gives anyone the right to determine that I should risk my life to save a child

I still am shocked that you can sit on this post and judge people for who. Or what they care about, narcissistic blinkers. how can anyone presume to weigh the vale of another's pain.

it's personal pain and only the one feeling it an judge. I don't care if you feel my pain may be less than yours. Because you lost a pet and me a child. in essence why should. I discount my pain to say rescue your child

I've only picked out a few of your points, but could you explain to me how I am narcissistic because I'm able to accept that the pain of losing a child is unimaginable for me and greater than anything I've experienced, yet your attitude was, and I'm quoting you directly here "why should I suffer at all?"
    Only one of us is exhibiting traits of narcissism and I'm sorry to say it's not me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only picked out a few of your points, but could you explain to me how I am narcissistic because I'm able to accept that the pain of losing a child is unimaginable for me and greater than anything I've experienced, yet your attitude was, and I'm quoting you directly here "why should I suffer at all?"
    Only one of us is exhibiting traits of narcissism and I'm sorry to say it's not me.

Because you are simply dismissing the pain if losing pets, you are saying that pain is far greater. But you have no idea what people actually feel, so how can you judge that? Some people don't have children and to them perhaps their pets are their children. You cannot compare pain people feel differently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you are simply dismissing the pain if losing pets, you are saying that pain is far greater. But you have no idea what people actually feel, so how can you judge that? Some people don't have children and to them perhaps their pets are their children. You cannot compare pain people feel differently.

No. The definition of Narcissism is "extreme selfishness with a grandiose view of ones importance."

An example of this would be im willing to let someone's child die over my dog because I refuse to accept someone's suffering can be greater than my own.

What I did was display empathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. The definition of Narcissism is "extreme selfishness with a grandiose view of ones importance."

An example of this would be im willing to let someone's child die over my dog because I refuse to accept someone's suffering can be greater than my own.

What I did was display empathy.

Whether It is narcissism is entirely based on your view that humans are more important than all other life. Your empathy seems very limited as you can only relate it to your own species. People who can love their animals without putting them in a ladder of less importance than humans have far more empathy as the can relate to other sentiment beings, which are not limited to their own species, the form if so- called empathy you say you show is very limited to your own circumstances and therefore IMO no true empathy at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether It is narcissism is entirely based on your view that humans are more important than all other life. Your empathy seems very limited as you can only relate it to your own species. People who can love their animals without putting them in a ladder of less importance than humans have far more empathy as the can relate to other sentiment beings, which are not limited to their own species, the form if so- called empathy you say you show is very limited to your own circumstances and therefore IMO no true empathy at all.

Are you being serious? you are really criticising someone else for having no empathy after your comments regarding others losing a child. That really is one of the most bizzare things I've ever read (and I'm a avid reader). You inability to accept anyone elses point of view or feelings is incredibly narcissistic, self centered and insular. I refuse to apologise for putting the life of a human child before someones dog. I'm sorry you don't agree but I find your viewpoint incredibly ignorant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you being serious? you are really criticising someone else for having no empathy after your comments regarding others losing a child. That really is one of the most bizzare things I've ever read (and I'm a avid reader). You inability to accept anyone elses point of view or feelings is incredibly narcissistic, self centered and insular. I refuse to apologise for putting the life of a human child before someones dog. I'm sorry you don't agree but I find your viewpoint incredibly ignorant.

Yes I am serious. Strangely enough I am an avid reader too and have you ever thought that people have different points of view. I get some people put human life on a pedestal and accept that view, what I don't get is that others don't accept mine and call me all sort if names in the hilarious imaginary word if child versus dogs they live in. I consider your viewpoint ignorant in that you just cannot comprehend that not all people measure all emotions on a human only level. other mammals feel emotion, ,I've save creatures from burning buildings ( without debate if importance)" I find your viewpoint not only ignorant but also sadly insular. What is so difficult in seeing how. Ugh pets mean to some or perhaps opening very blinkered eyes and seeing that human beings are not the only mammals with value.

I just hope you never need a guide dog, poor fdogconfused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here's a hypothetical scenario. (And please answer honestly)

A building is on fire and inside there is a dog and a grasshopper, you can only save one of them. Which one would you choose and why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a hypothetical scenario. (And please answer honestly)

A building is on fire and inside there is a dog and a grasshopper, you can only save one of them. Which one would you choose and why?

oFGS how many weird burning scenarios do you actually dream up. Any person running into a burning building is logically an idiot as its bloody dangerous.

To save either if I didn't know them never it's crazy. If it was my dog I would try. since I have no grasshoppers as pets I wouldn't run in.

How many scenarios do some people have to imagine to be able to say you saved the wrong one. obviously in your mind a grasshopper is akin to a dog and the dog a child and you wanted me to answer in away that allowed you to argue that I would save the more intelligent In your opinion.

You still don't get the basics. you save who or what means something to you. you don't base it on your idea of intelligence or sentience it's who means more to you.

Gosh I really am hitting my head against a very big idiotic humans are far better than animals wall.

Ok tells me Why are humans so superior in yo?

ps your post seems to indicate that I have a huge IDIOT stuck on my head and no don't.

I have 2 masters degrees, I am also not friendless - I have plenty of those. I have a great husband and am not some adult still sitting in Moms spare room, I have been married for years. I really have a great human and animal filled life. I am a popular godmother and have 12 of those .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am serious. Strangely enough I am an avid reader too and have you ever thought that people have different points of view. I get some people put human life on a pedestal and accept that view, what I don't get is that others don't accept mine and call me all sort if names in the hilarious imaginary word if child versus dogs they live in. I consider your viewpoint ignorant in that you just cannot comprehend that not all people measure all emotions on a human only level. other mammals feel emotion, ,I've save creatures from burning buildings ( without debate if importance)" I find your viewpoint not only ignorant but also sadly insular. What is so difficult in seeing how. Ugh pets mean to some or perhaps opening very blinkered eyes and seeing that human beings are not the only mammals with value.

I just hope you never need a guide dog, poor fdogconfused:

I'm going to qualify this post by saying I have a dog and consider myself a dog lover.

But can people stop bringing up guide dogs as some great of example of how saintly they are! They are guide dogs because that's what they are trained to do!!

They don't do it out of the goodness of their own hearts- they don't see a blind man strap on a yellow vest and think "right I'm going to help him around"

My friend works for guide dogs for the blind and he's says training them to be guide dogs is a tortuous process because deep down they do to want to do it, it takes years and years to train a guide dog.

And these a reason they are all Labradors. Because that's the breed that we have domesticated into being the most submissive. There are no guide pit bulls, or guide alasations.

We only have guide dogs because because we have domesticated wild animals into docile creatures - not because they care or love us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to qualify this post by saying I have a dog and consider myself a dog lover.

But can people stop bringing up guide dogs as some great of example of how saintly they are! They are guide dogs because that's what they are trained to do!!

They don't do it out of the goodness of their own hearts- they don't see a blind man strap on a yellow vest and think "right I'm going to help him around"

My friend works for guide dogs for the blind and he's says training them to be guide dogs is a tortuous process because deep down they do to want to do it, it takes years and years to train a guide dog.

And these a reason they are all Labradors. Because that's the breed that we have domesticated into being the most submissive. There are no guide pit bulls, or guide alasations.

We only have guide dogs because because we have domesticated wild animals into docile creatures - not because they care or love us.

Okay so tell me why my Labrador likes me best though my husband feeds and walks him and why said talk yapped at my tummy till a I went to the dr and found out I had a tumour exactly where he barked. so what does my dog get from that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oFGS how many weird burning scenarios do you actually dream up. Any person running into a burning building is logically an idiot as its bloody dangerous.

To save either if I didn't know them never it's crazy. If it was my dog I would try. since I have no grasshoppers as pets I wouldn't run in.

How many scenarios do some people have to imagine to be able to say you saved the wrong one. obviously in your mind a grasshopper is akin to a dog and the dog a child and you wanted me to answer in away that allowed you to argue that I would save the more intelligent In your opinion.

You still don't get the basics. you save who or what means something to you. you don't base it on your idea of intelligence or sentience it's who means more to you.

Gosh I really am hitting my head against a very big idiotic humans are far better than animals wall.

Ok tells me Why are humans so superior in yo?

ps your post seems to indicate that I have a huge IDIOT stuck on my head and no don't.

I have 2 masters degrees, I am also not friendless - I have plenty of those. I have a great husband and am not some adult still sitting in Moms spare room, I have been married for years. I really have a great human and animal filled life. I am a popular godmother and have 12 of those .

Because humans are capable of so much more than animals.

They are the only species that will ever show you true love.

An animal will only love you if you provide for it. An animal will never ask you how your day went, it will never understand you, it will never sacrifice itself for you.

My mother worked two jobs to provide for me growing up she sacrificed everything to give me a good life.

My cat had a litter and killed two of the kittens because they ate her food.

Animals do not compare to humans because they don't have he capacity to.

There's a thread on another subforum about what you could do if you could go back in time and a lot of the replays are about spending one last day with the poster's parents, children etc before they died, if you read it it's genuinely heartbreaking!

A relationship with an animal cannot compare with that and I find it insulting when people try say it does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so tell me why my Labrador likes me best though my husband feeds and walks him and why said talk yapped at my tummy till a I went to the dr and found out I had a tumour exactly where he barked. so what does my dog get from that?

Police dogs bark when they smell cocaine it's because dogs have an incredible sense of smell, I don't think you can read too much into that.

I'm very sorry to hear you have a tumour though. I hope you're ok and I wish you all the best.

We have different points of view about this but that means nothing compared to something like that.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO - Everyone in this thread is in a burning building. I'd run out, lock the door behind me and not look back.