Do the Barlow family care more about Amy Barlow or Simon Barlow?

The Gary SheenThe Gary Sheen Posts: 227
Forum Member
Both kids have been through loads but they seem to thhjnk Simon needs more attention in the past.

Comments

• SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    I think they see Amy as being able to handle herself because she takes after her mother in some ways, such as being outspoken etc. Simon has always been treated like a delicate little flower in comparison despite having just as much mouth on him. Give me Amy over Simon any day.
  • The Gary SheenThe Gary Sheen Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I think they see Amy as being able to handle herself because she takes after her mother in some ways, such as being outspoken etc. Simon has always been treated like a delicate little flower in comparison despite having just as much mouth on him. Give me Amy over Simon any day.

I agree.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one way to find out.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give me Amy over Simon any day.

Why? :confused:

Amy is evil.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Both kids have been through loads but they seem to thhjnk Simon needs more attention in the past.

Simon hasn't appeared much with them recently but i'd certainly say that in the past they have favored Simon over Amy, even when up against each other like who Eccles 'belonged' to and what dvd they'd get to watch. I've heard the ohrase "simon is going through hard time so let's be extra nice to him and let him choose" used several times by various adults including babysitters Maddie and Sophie to each other and to Amy which isn't really fair and i can understand why she would feel pushed out and resent him.
    Forum Member

Yes i agree.

I think they also see Amy as having another family (the McDonalds) who can look after her and spoil her whereas Simon 'only' has them so should be their priority.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Simon hasn't appeared much with them recently but i'd certainly say that in the past they have favored Simon over Amy, even when up against each other like who Eccles 'belonged' to and what dvd they'd get to watch. I've heard the ohrase "simon is going through hard time so let's be extra nice to him and let him choose" used several times by various adults including babysitters Maddie and Sophie to each other and to Amy which isn't really fair and i can understand why she would feel pushed out and resent him.

When has Amy gone through a rough time?

Poor Simon's life is a lot worse. Amy should be grateful she has a Mum and a Dad on the street. Simon has neither (before anyone says anything, Leanne didn't give birth to Simon).
    Forum Member
    She was given to the Croppers for money because both her parents didnt want her.

Her mum went to prison for what she thought would be until she was an adult.

Father figure Rob Donovan is sent to prison.

The way Tracy treats her is shocking.

Her Dad is going through depression.

Step mum galore.

Playing swapsies between living with two family members.
    Forum Member
    Mum dies.

Lives with uncaring alcoholic dad.

His inheritence money is no more.

Dad nearly dies in tram accident and cant walk.

Peters affair.

Peters affair.

Nearly dies in fire due to drunk dad.

Peter leaves.

Peter leaves again.

Nick has car crash and gets brain damage for life.

New step dad.

Bullied by Faye Windass.

Grandparent tries to take him away from his family.
    Forum Member

Poor Simon's life is a lot worse. Amy should be grateful she has a Mum and a Dad on the street. Simon has neither (before anyone says anything, Leanne didn't give birth to Simon).

Gone from one home to another. Mum in porison for a couple of years. Dad has a revolving door installed for step mothers (Karen, Michelle, Becky, her Mum, Michelle again). Her near step dad (who she liked and spent a lot of time with) sent to Prison for murder and she was witness to it all when she was a Bridesmaid. Uncle Poeter had been in Prison prior to that. Grandma Blanche died. Grandad Ken disappeared for nearly a year, now Grandma Deardre has disappeared. Grandma Liz also lived in Spain for several years plus she is all but ignored by Tracy a lot of the time.

No she hasn't had all the traumas that Simon has had but she hasn't had a charmed life either and quite frankly, taking care of one Grandchild because they've suffered should not automatically mean neglecting the other or showing favoritism.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Gary is the one they are most proud of.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mum dies.

Lives with uncaring alcoholic dad.

His inheritence money is no more.

Dad nearly dies in tram accident and cant walk.

Peters affair.

Peters affair.

Nearly dies in fire due to drunk dad.

Peter leaves.

Peter leaves again.

Nick has car crash and gets brain damage for life.

New step dad.

Bullied by Faye Windass.

Grandparent tries to take him away from his family.

None of that is any excuse for being an unbearably precocious little gobshite, though, Gaz.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon gets more attention but I don't necessarily think it's because they prefer him. Tracy does try to palm Amy off a lot of the time and they probably think she should take responsibility for her own child.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Gone from one home to another. Mum in porison for a couple of years. Dad has a revolving door installed for step mothers (Karen, Michelle, Becky, her Mum, Michelle again). Her near step dad (who she liked and spent a lot of time with) sent to Prison for murder and she was witness to it all when she was a Bridesmaid. Uncle Poeter had been in Prison prior to that. Grandma Blanche died. Grandad Ken disappeared for nearly a year, now Grandma Deardre has disappeared. Grandma Liz also lived in Spain for several years plus she is all but ignored by Tracy a lot of the time.

No she hasn't had all the traumas that Simon has had but she hasn't had a charmed life either and quite frankly, taking care of one Grandchild because they've suffered should not automatically mean neglecting the other or showing favoritism.

Good post.

I for one can happily say I don't have a clue what it'd be like to have a cold-blooded convicted killer for a mum but I can't image it's good for a kid's development!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

An adoptive or step parent can be just as close as a natural mother.

Simon does have his Grandad Ken.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    They've both had a rough time. I think Simon gets put first though. Imagine being those kids. I feel more sorry for Simon personally.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy doesn't seem to be lacking in anyway
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you talk about 'the Barlow family', who do you mean? They aren't a hive mind. At the moment there are only two adult Barlows on the street anyway, Ken and Tracy - and while Tracy can be neglectful of Amy, she barely knows Simon exists.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could Simon be getting a love interest, I was watching last night thinking who is the blond girl, as they were concentrating on her
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Good post.

I for one can happily say I don't have a clue what it'd be like to have a cold-blooded convicted killer for a mum but I can't image it's good for a kid's development!
    k9fan wrote: »
    An adoptive or step parent can be just as close as a natural mother.

Simon does have his Grandad Ken.

Thanks for blanking my posts :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Peter comes back for the funeral, could they be lineing up for him to take Simon back with him.

If he uses Leanne as a punch bag, could she say to Peter there you are.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Amy is treated second best, I know Simon has had a rough time of it etc but Amy has been back in forth from the McDonalds and Barlows more times than I have had hot dinner, with various deranged step dads and (step) mums along the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This current storyline shows, she isnt thinking of amy.

Amy did have a secure family unit, of Steve, Michelle Liz and Tony, but that will no longer be.

She would have let Steve become Homeless, and hat would have made the situation more damaged.

I wouldnt kill of Amy, but would be interesting how Tracy would be with Amy, if this fire maybe disabled her
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeg wrote: »
    When you talk about 'the Barlow family', who do you mean? They aren't a hive mind. At the moment there are only two adult Barlows on the street anyway, Ken and Tracy - and while Tracy can be neglectful of Amy, she barely knows Simon exists.

And as some posters seem to intimate that non-blood-related people are not related as well as blood-related people, that makes both Tracy and Amy not Barlows.
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    And as some posters seem to intimate that non-blood-related people are not related as well as blood-related people, that makes both Tracy and Amy not Barlows.

Didn't Ken adopt Tracy, even Mike Baldwin was a good father figure to her.