79 Yr Old Man Stabbed To Death In Road Rage Attack

Comments

• Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Andrews gave an unforgettable Oscar winning performance at that press conference....but it proved to be her undoing too as unknown to her two plain clothes detectives sat in with the press and Andrews said something which was contradictory to the statement she'd made. It also enabled them to locate the penknife she used to murder Lee Harvey with. But she'd made a number of glaring errors before so the Police already had her under very strong suspicion.

I won't ever forget it as she reminded me of a very similar relationship i once endured......frighteningly similar.
    She dumped the pen knife in a sanitary towel bin in the hospital toilets. The bloody imprint of a knife blade was found on the inside of her boot.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She dumped the pen knife in a sanitary towel bin in the hospital toilets. The bloody imprint of a knife blade was found on the inside of her boot.
    Yes she wasn't exactly the brightest bulb by any means. Another mistake she made, she claimed the alleged 'road rage' youths that had attacked her boyfriend happened at the rear of their car.......yet Harvey's blood spatters were found all over the front. There was no blood spatters on the rear.

She should have been given a whole life tariff. 14 years was an insult.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Shall we bother with a trial then?

It's worth having, for the legal formalities.
  • Mountain_RunnerMountain_Runner Posts: 1,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    the only way I can reason this out in my head is to think maybe the man was having a paranoid episode and thought he was being attacked or was delusioned and attacking an animal or something ? ? Who knows , mind you I am not excusing it just simply trying to make sense of it

Possibly he was a paranoid schizophrenic, in which case he should be committed to a secure mental hospital like Broadmoor for the rest of his life as he will always be a danger.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Messed his life up, rather, I think.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly he was a paranoid schizophrenic, in which case he should be committed to a secure mental hospital like Broadmoor for the rest of his life as he will always be a danger.

In which case he should have been there already.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Care in the Community! Isn't it just wonderful!

Shut the places down where all these people used to be kept, treated and generally kept from harming either themselves or anyone else, and sell the site off for yet more houses and flats to be built. Make a few million to put into the local council coffers in the process.

Then, just leave them to roam freely around in the local community and let everyone else have the problem of them. Marvellous!
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am astonished that woman is out of prison, I remember her TV appeal for the fictitious murderer to come forward. I hope her new bloke doesn't cause any upset.

Yes her and the other one who whacked her boyfriend with a base ball bat and then stabbed him - she got out recently only did 14 years. I think she escaped once as well.
  • Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    He has now been remanded to appear at Lewes Crown Court tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-33596562

They are not hanging about with the case.
    That's very normal
  • Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Messed his life up, rather, I think.

Fan-****ing-tastic, and the victim's had his life messed up even more considerably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Yes she wasn't exactly the brightest bulb by any means. Another mistake she made, she claimed the alleged 'road rage' youths that had attacked her boyfriend happened at the rear of their car.......yet Harvey's blood spatters were found all over the front. There was no blood spatters on the rear.

She should have been given a whole life tariff. 14 years was an insult.

Rare in those days, even 14 years for a life sentence was long. I wouldn't have let her out but I wasn't on the parole board. She is still on licence for the rest of her life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where do you get that from:confused: I've not read anything about his mental state?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes her and the other one who whacked her boyfriend with a base ball bat and then stabbed him - she got out recently only did 14 years. I think she escaped once as well.

Jane Andrews.

Cricket bat. She was jailed for 12 years and did the extra 2 years for escaping.

Until a few years ago many murderers were released after only 11 years.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad they arrested someone in connection with this brutal murder. My condolences to the family and friends of Don Lock.
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Where do you get that from:confused: I've not read anything about his mental state?

The counsel for the defence has said in court this morning that he has "clear psychiatric and mental health issues".
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the trial has been and gone and
    A man who stabbed a retired solicitor 39 times after a crash between their cars has been cleared of murder but convicted of his manslaughter.

Matthew Daley, 35, killed Donald Lock, on the A24 in Findon, near Worthing, last July after the 79-year-old ran into the back of his vehicle.

Daley had admitted stabbing Mr Lock to death, claiming diminished responsibility.

Lewes Crown Court heard Daley suffered from chronic mental health problems.

The judge, Mr Justice Singh adjourned the case for sentencing on 8 July.

Mr Lock's family said the manslaughter verdict brought to a close the "most horrific 10 months of our lives and brings some sort of justice for Dad".

However, they blamed the NHS for his death.

"This verdict effectively provides the Daley family with what they have wanted for the last few years, their son in a safe place away from harm's way and being treated correctly," Mr Lock's family said in a statement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36305405

Very sad for all involved.
  • Ade_LwAde_Lw Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    So the trial has been and gone and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36305405

Very sad for all involved.

So very sad for the family who lost someone dear to them .
    What continues to perplex me in similar man slaughter/diminished responsibility cases is how the guilty party gets well enough to fight for their own freedom/rights.
    Say I woke up tomorrow to be told I'd killed somebody in a mad rage that i didn't remember (totally unlikely as am very gentle person), then Id feel so terrible that I'd give my own life. Not ruddy fight for my rights. Yet this is what seems to happen :confused::confused::confused:
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course my sympathy lays with Mr Lock and his family.

But I also have some for Mr. Daley and his family.

Mr. Daley is clearly a very sick man, he was a walking time bomb, whose family knew him best, who had such great concerns for him, those concerns were ignored.

An innocent man died, tragic.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ade_Lw wrote: »
    So very sad for the family who lost someone dear to them .
    What continues to perplex me in similar man slaughter/diminished responsibility cases is how the guilty party gets well enough to fight for their own freedom/rights.
    Say I woke up tomorrow to be told I'd killed somebody in a mad rage that i didn't remember (totally unlikely as am very gentle person), then Id feel so terrible that I'd give my own life. Not ruddy fight for my rights. Yet this is what seems to happen :confused::confused::confused:

Thing is this guys family had been trying for TEN years to get him commited. They knew something was wrong with him, however the NHS kept turning him away.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all very well the NHS saying they will do things differently in future but they're not funded enough to do that, mental health funding in this country is abysmal.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another innocent person murdered by a schizophrenic, whenever we hear of some innocent person stabbed in a supermarket or just going about their business, it is usually by a schizophrenic. Schizophrenics should be kept in secure accommodation and not left to wander the streets without their medication.
  • Ade_LwAde_Lw Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Thing is this guys family had been trying for TEN years to get him commited. They knew something was wrong with him, however the NHS kept turning him away.

You just hope the people around this bloke are more invested in the safety of the community than the future freedom of this man.

I know we have victims statements these days in court but it still seems that much is decided with the guilty in mind rather than those who are left suffering trhe most.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Another innocent person murdered by a schizophrenic, whenever we hear of some innocent person stabbed in a supermarket or just going about their business, it is usually by a schizophrenic. Schizophrenics should be kept in secure accommodation and not left to wander the streets without their medication.

Absolutely. We should take no chances.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Its all very well the NHS saying they will do things differently in future but they're not funded enough to do that, mental health funding in this country is abysmal.
    Hi Tia,

I agree, mental health funding in this country is atrocious.

But it is not the NHS saying they will do things differently, it is the Chief executive of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation saying it.

They admit they, ( some individuals ), got it wrong, they had the facilities, they had the expertise, they ignored the concerns, nothing to do with funding.

It wasn't experts trying, showing they did their best, they ignored.

Question them openly, then decide, without fear of mass revolt, if to prosecute.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    "Care in the Community" - you can't beat it!

Shut down all the care centres where the mentally ill could be kept securely and treated and sell the sites off to build lots of new housing estates on.

Meanwhile, those with mental health issues are free to walk the streets amongst us, not getting the level of care they so desperately need.

I fear this sort of thing will keep happening.