Washing Machine

sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
Forum Member
Hi

I need a new washing machine but I dont want to be spending anymore than £200. The reason for this is cos we are temporarily staying at a relatives home that they will likely rent out once we move out.

Does anyone know any cheap online websites?

Thanks

S

Comments

• orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    currys, comet argos are you best bet.

I bought a beko washing machine in january, was £229 from currys, plus they delivered and installed it and took away the old one.

Couldn't you take it with you when you move?
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    currys, comet argos are you best bet.

I bought a beko washing machine in january, was £229 from currys, plus they delivered and installed it and took away the old one.

Couldn't you take it with you when you move?

My parents needed a new washing machine a couple of weeks ago. They picked the one they wanted in Comet, then discovered it was £80 cheaper from John Lewis, and £120 cheaper from Sainsburys! Always worth shopping around once you've found what you want,
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Sharon, try here, they are not a recommendation on brands, just your budget but remember you pay for what you get, so look at a service plan.

If you don't intend keeping the machine for long why not go 2nd hand.

Try to keep at 1200 spin speed +.

Here,

Here,

Here,

or Here

Servis do a SERM6002 for around £195 but I can't find further details, may no longer be in production.
  • sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. I will have a look at all the links.

orangesmartie - What are Beko machines like?

I have just found Comet Clearance but I am nervous about bidding....

http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk

S
  • DerekPAgainDerekPAgain Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharon7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I will have a look at all the links.

orangesmartie - What are Beko machines like?

I have just found Comet Clearance but I am nervous about bidding....

http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk

S

We have a Beko machine outside in the garage fro the horse gear.

First one lasted 10 months and the outflow pipe split. curry's gave us a new machine as there were no spare parts :eek:

Second one is 18 months in and no problems. Note this is on very severe duty.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Co-op stores sometimes have some good deals on appliances instore. I got my Hotpoint washing machine from there for £200. It's not great but it does the job, it just makes some funny noises while it does it. Had it about 3 years now and I think the bearings are starting to go on it. You pay for what you get though, although having said that, next door's top of the range Zanussi cost them a fortune and the bloomin thing keeps blowing up every few months and has to have parts replaced.
  • sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    We have a Beko machine outside in the garage fro the horse gear.

First one lasted 10 months and the outflow pipe split. curry's gave us a new machine as there were no spare parts :eek:

Second one is 18 months in and no problems. Note this is on very severe duty.

Hi

Its nice to hear some good news about Beko!!!
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    The Co-op stores sometimes have some good deals on appliances instore. I got my Hotpoint washing machine from there for £200. It's not great but it does the job, it just makes some funny noises while it does it. Had it about 3 years now and I think the bearings are starting to go on it. You pay for what you get though, although having said that, next door's top of the range Zanussi cost them a fortune and the bloomin thing keeps blowing up every few months and has to have parts replaced.

I will def have a look at Co-op

Thanks

S
  • tony13579tony13579 Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you might even get a free second hand machine with http://uk.freecycle.org/ all you need to do is collect it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seacam wrote: »

Servis do a SERM6002 for around £195 but I can't find further details, may no longer be in production.

I'm sure Servis went into administration. A good reason not to buy one if your after the machine for long term use.

The only machine under £200 I could recommend is:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/Products.aspx?PRODUCTID=5799

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than recommend a Beko, Hoover, Candy, Indesit or Hotpoint

Only 1000spin but for the money it's a good buy.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dreamypuma wrote: »
    I'm sure Servis went into administration. A good reason not to buy one if your after the machine for long term use.

The only machine under £200 I could recommend is:

http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/Products.aspx?PRODUCTID=5799

I'd rather stick a fork in my eye than recommend a Beko, Hoover, Candy, Indesit or Hotpoint

Only 1000spin but for the money it's a good buy.

Did they, thank you Dreamy. :)

In one of my wholesale catalogs I can still purchase Servis.

On average we install from new, replace or service, in or out of their guarantees 20 machines a year.

One of my staff worked out a while ago for every 5 budget Beko machines we purchase, 2 out of every 5need a service/repair within 10 months from new.

Once these machines have been serviced, all of them go on to have a 6 to 7 year life span.