Options

Fireworks! I am so mad right now...

Comments

• Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fireworks are evil, but dogs barking all frigging night and crapping everywhere is fine! I dont think so! Its only for a couple of weeks. The louder the better!
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP I hope you blocked your number when you ordered the pizza... if you even did
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Fireworks should not be avaliable to the general public in my opinion

They should be only avaliable to councils for orgainised displays

They have been going off every night now for nearly a month
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Debian wrote: »
    The pizza thing was breaking the law and a totally stupid and selfish thing to do.

Also you were in a public place and IMHO your dogs should have been on leads, instead of which you seem to think it's OK to let your animals wander over, and shit and piss on public playing fields. Dogs simply should not be allowed on public playing areas, public parks and beaches!

Thank god your opinion counts for nothing then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without wanting to sound like an X Factor contestant I will take on board the comments, at least about the pizza. I didn't think about the delivery driver. I was just so furious and wanted the chavs to receive some kind of comeuppance for their selfish actions.
    I'm glad to see that. I understand your anger about the firework, especially as it caused your dogs to bolt - my dog used to absolutely hate them. Fireworks lost their interest for me when I was about 12 - apart from professional displays, they're usually neighbours trying to outdo the street with how much money they've spent & how much noise they can make. I can do without not being able to get to sleep because someone is firing them skywards until 1am - I know they're not supposed to go on that late, but I've not seen anyone do anything about it, & when you've got the fireworks going on from before Diwali right through 'til about mid-November it can get on your nerves.

That said, you involved a third party for no reason. You had no way of knowing they'd pay for the pizzas, so there's no comeuppance there, especially if they weren't even in when the delivery was made. Meanwhile, the pizza company will have wasted time & money on preparing something that would get thrown away if it wasn't paid for, & the driver could well have lost pay. Why penalise the company & their employee for something that had absolutely nothing to do with them? How does that stop these people lighting fireworks tonight, tomorrow or any other night they choose? It doesn't. I find it pretty strange that someone would even think of doing such a thing - does having things your own way matter so much to you that you'll go that far? Your response to their behaviour was far more selfish than them letting off a firework in their own garden.

You know that fireworks go off at this time of year, so making sure your dogs were held securely & weren't a danger to themselves or anyone else was your responsibility. As others have said, your dogs should have been on leads. If one of them had got into an accident that had either severely injured or killed them, or severely injured or killed someone else (a totally innocent party in all of this), because they were unleashed, your concern about the firework would have paled into significance. The description of them as "chavs" is pointless name-calling - you didn't appreciate their behaviour which is fair enough, but that kind of comment doesn't show you in a good light. Bear in mind people would have been calling you a lot worse than that with more justification if your dogs had caused big problems further down the road because of your lack of forethought.
    I have a bad temper and low tolerance for many people.
    Then you might need to work on that. Working yourself into a stew because someone's behaviour doesn't marry with how you'd like them to behave is bad enough, but following that up with an act that's totally inappropriate to the wrong you think has been done could get you into a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debefc wrote: »
    Thank god your opinion counts for nothing then.

Errr... that's YOUR consensus. Because an opinon may be a lone one, it does not mean it is necessarily to be discounted. It may be a lone opinion, but it still counts as far as the person posting is considered.

I do tend to agree with debian.

Dog shit deposited by dogs allowed to run free in public parks, if left to nature to dispose of, does not a pleasant place for children or members of the public to be. After all, it's a PUBLIC PLACE, not a dog crapping facility.
  • Options
    trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    OP my phone is down. if i PM you my address, can you phone through to Domino's and order me a Large Big Smokey (extra cheese), a medium American Hot, and a medium Hawaiian

thanks so much
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevalyan wrote: »
    OP my phone is down. if i PM you my address, can you phone through to Domino's and order me a Large Big Smokey (extra cheese), a medium American Hot, and a medium Hawaiian

thanks so much

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    IateallthepiesIateallthepies Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Cold light of day now and I regret the pizza thing. I acted in anger - I am very protective towards my dogs - and wanted to knock the smiles off their stupid chav faces. I wasn't brave enough to admit it last night but it was actually two different pizza companies - Dominos and Pizza Hut - so there would be no doubt in their minds that someone had played a trick on them.

Re the anti-dog types on here, I feel sorry for you. You don't know what you're missing. Not all dog owners let their dogs crap everywhere. I certainly clean up after mine. They are normally kept on a lead too, only being let off in the open space area which is a considerable distance from the road.
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominoes and pizza hut will not send out a pizza unless they have credit card details or can confirm your address either via caller id or by ringing you back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Dominoes and pizza hut will not send out a pizza unless they have credit card details or can confirm your address either via caller id or by ringing you back.

They were both online orders and providing the order was below a certain amount you could opt for "cash on delivery", which I did ... obviously. They may have tried ringing the fake mobile number I provided, I don't know. Order tracking at Dominos said the order was "on the road". Guess I'll never know.
  • Options
    trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    Cold light of day now and I regret the pizza thing. I acted in anger - I am very protective towards my dogs - and wanted to knock the smiles off their stupid chav faces. I wasn't brave enough to admit it last night but it was actually two different pizza companies - Dominos and Pizza Hut - so there would be no doubt in their minds that someone had played a trick on them

tomorrow you'll be telling us you sent them a KFC Bucket O'Chicken and some Costa Coffee too, along with a couple of Lovefilm DVDs and a home masseuse.

they'll love you! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevalyan wrote: »
    tomorrow you'll be telling us you sent them a KFC Bucket O'Chicken and some Costa Coffee too, along with a couple of Lovefilm DVDs and a home masseuse.

they'll love you! :D

Well I have arranged to send them catalogues on double glazing and timeshare with an opt-in for further marketing material :D

Hell hath no fury than this scorned misanthrope :D
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were both online orders and providing the order was below a certain amount you could opt for "cash on delivery", which I did ... obviously. They may have tried ringing the fake mobile number I provided, I don't know. Order tracking at Dominos said the order was "on the road". Guess I'll never know.
    Then they definitely would not have delivered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Then they definitely would not have delivered.

Oh well. No damage done then. Happy everyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The dogs were well away from the road when the fireworks went off. It's a huge open space of football fields surrounded by tall trees. My dogs are well trained and are usually close by. I put them back on their leads as we near the road. I haven't had them very long though and didn't know they would react this way to fireworks.

How can you see your dogs, in the dark?
    How can you do the poo-scoop when you have 2 dogs running around in such a big area?
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Well I have arranged to send them catalogues on double glazing and timeshare with an opt-in for further marketing material :D

Hell hath no fury than this scorned misanthrope :D

Now that is something I've done - when leaving a job and dealing with a particularly vile person (he got very aggressive and had to be walked out of the theatre because of his behaviour by security) - I did sign them up for a few round robin postals...

Bring on - "what about the trees?" posts.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    elke21 wrote: »
    How can you see your dogs, in the dark?
    How can you do the poo-scoop when you have 2 dogs running around in such a big area?

It's the place I've been taking them to after work and until this week it was always light at 5:30/6 pm (I've only had them a few months). They tend to do their business in the undergrowth, not in the open play areas, but I do always pick up where possible.

This is the only place where I let them off their leads. I think it's important to let a dog run free providing of course they are still under control, which until last night's fireworks terror they were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    On a similar revenge theme, I like the burning shit on the doormat too. Chav comes to door, stamps on the flaming pile to put out the fire and ..... ooooer. Nasty but fun.

You sound like a normal, well-adjusted person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Refusion wrote: »
    You sound like a normal, well-adjusted person.

Well, looking at your credentials - PC, liberal, feminist, etc, doubt I'll be arranging to meet you for a drink anytime soon.
  • Options
    chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the place I've been taking them to after work and until this week it was always light at 5:30/6 pm (I've only had them a few months). They tend to do their business in the undergrowth, not in the open play areas, but I do always pick up where possible.

This is the only place where I let them off their leads. I think it's important to let a dog run free providing of course they are still under control, which until last night's fireworks terror they were.

So, you don't always pick the dog poo up then? Disgraceful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, you don't always pick the dog poo up then? Disgraceful.

If they do it under a prickly bush then no, I don't.

Jeez.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,716
    Forum Member
    What gets me is those pet owners that moan
    Are the same people who let their dogs crap on the pavements all year round without picking it up after them
    And me and my kids have to dodge it every time we walk down the road.

And another thing is when i am sat in my garden on my days off in the summer trying to relax, all i can hear are dogs barking

Fireworks are only for a few weeks in a year the above is all year round.

Rant over
  • Options
    chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've been hearing fireworks here for over a month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What gets me is those pet owners that moan
    Are the same people who let their dogs crap on the pavements all year round without picking it up after them
    And me and my kids have to dodge it every time we walk down the road.

And another thing is when i am sat in my garden on my days off in the summer trying to relax, all i can hear are dogs barking

Fireworks are only for a few weeks in a year the above is all year round.

Rant over

Well I object to the sound of spoiled bratty children having tantrums everywhere you go. I'm not best pleased with the little twerps that thought it would be fun to swing on my whirly jig, breaking it. And I'm not too thrilled with the 'youths' who seem to find it hilarious to smash glass bottles on pathways, causing dogs - including one of mine - to cut their paws.