Worst town you've ever been to?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I vote West Bromwich. Dreadful place. Very ugly and run down town centre. So depressing. Feel sorry for its inhabitants.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hull. I know they're trying to regenerate it at the moment, but what a hole it is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Pontypridd, although it was years ago - is it any better now?
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clacton on Sea.:(
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swindon takes some beating - God-forsaken place that it is.

And Jaywick is a complete dump.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Had to spend an hour in Manchester city centre between bus journeys.
    SH*tpit doesn't even begin to describe it...
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Harwich. Is. Rank.

Another place that seems to halt buildings projects mid-way through and just leave it for years.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chatham in Kent ... they call it Chav-ham .... full of chavs, teenage mothers & scum
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chatham in Kent ... they call it Chav-ham .... full of chavs, teenage mothers & scum

I was born there, but we moved to Wales when I was two. Kinda depressing going back there now. :( It's pretty bad.
  • JS477JS477 Posts: 1,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in it :D
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of districts in London boroughs - Brixton, Hackney, Walthamstow, Croydon, Feltham, Hounslow, Upton Park, Peckham (probably the worst of the lot).

Outside the capital (just) Slough is awful.

Sheerness in Kent deserves a dishonourable mention for being, to paraphrase Morrissey, the seaside town they forgot to close down. It's full of dispirited, unemployed chavs shuffling around in tracksuits like zombies wondering why they were ever born while the buildings around them decay and crumble and the last, misguided tourist leaves hastily as an endless line of heavy goods vehicles slowly snakes its way up the solitary road to the mainland, belching out exhaust fumes on the way to the ugly docks, the only source of employment in this corner of the godforsaken Isle of Sheppey.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we dont seem to have a second vote on anything here, how on Earth can Machester city centre qualify?
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corby, Northants *shudders*
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Hurlley wrote: »
    we dont seem to have a second vote on anything here, how on Earth can Machester city centre qualify?

It was a dive. In my opinion of course.
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrexham's pretty awful at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrexham's pretty awful at times.

My cousin used to call it Rectum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peterhead, the fishing port. Absolutely dire place.
  • The ManglerThe Mangler Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wolverhampton - the only place where an earthquake caused £1million worth of improvements :)

Blaenau Ffestiniog - just dire and depressing

Grimsby

Rotherham
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porth in the Rhondda Valley is run down, rough and ugly ugly ugly. People are nice though!
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, ugh Mexborough. Pretty much all of South Yorkshire is the toilet of the country.

In addition, most of East Lancashire but especially Burnley and Blackburn, and the "somewhat" inbred towns of Todmodern, Bacup and Rawtenstall. Blackpool isn't much cop either.

Now I think about it, Dundee is just awful but worse than that is the eyesore that is Cumbernauld. Actually most urban areas in Scotland and Northern England are horrendous.
  • big_satsumabig_satsuma Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Stoke-On-Trent!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Plenty of districts in London boroughs - Brixton, Hackney, Walthamstow, Croydon, Feltham, Hounslow, Upton Park, Peckham (probably the worst of the lot).

Outside the capital (just) Slough is awful.

Sheerness in Kent deserves a dishonourable mention for being, to paraphrase Morrissey, the seaside town they forgot to close down. It's full of dispirited, unemployed chavs shuffling around in tracksuits like zombies wondering why they were ever born while the buildings around them decay and crumble and the last, misguided tourist leaves hastily as an endless line of heavy goods vehicles slowly snakes its way up the solitary road to the mainland, belching out exhaust fumes on the way to the ugly docks, the only source of employment in this corner of the godforsaken Isle of Sheppey.
    If you can get a long enough fuse... :p
    http://www.submerged.co.uk/montgomery.php
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackpool, without a doubt.

Wisbech is a strange town too.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huntingdon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get a long enough fuse... :p
    http://www.submerged.co.uk/montgomery.php

Haha. I wish. You can still see the Montgomery sticking out of the water at low tide. It serves as a reminder to the residents that if you don't keep moving you'll be stuck there forever, half drowned in sh*t.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Haha. I wish. You can still see the Montgomery sticking out of the water at low tide. It serves as a reminder to the residents that if you don't keep moving you'll be stuck there forever, half drowned in sh*t.

hahahaha :D:D:D