• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    She sounds like a bleating sheep to me.
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah quite shocked at the lack of mentioning on here of Rebecca, she shone out tonight as the best for me, such a great jazzy cool vocal performance and completely unique take on the song, which has been done so many time. I think she has huge potential, but maybe too unique and talented to win a show like this, the majority of people might not get her great vocal style, I hope she comes third or something and goes it alone and onto big things but a cool and unique sound.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I agree

She'd be far better off coming 3rd than winning, although I still say she will. Bad if she does though - Syco will ruin everything about her.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    She'd be far better off coming 3rd than winning, although I still say she will. Bad if she does though - Syco will ruin everything about her.
    Agreed, she'd be better off not winning.

If she doesn't final though, it'll be a crime...
  • Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's incredible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, we'll leave that to you.

She was fantastic.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her but SERIOUSLY. That performance was too warbly and too off key. She needs confidence or a few drinks to loosen up a little because the judges were too kind to her.
  • Options
    chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    I think she is awesome too, since the judges houses she has been my one to watch. She is classy, effortless in her performances and very likeable and humble. I think it is good that she is remaining under the radar for now, she will get the votes to stay but can focus on her performances and not feel the pressure of being the fav. I would not be shocked if she won at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get it either. She is a very average singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    She's got a great voice and seems very nice if very lacking in confidence.

But to me she doesn't have the X Factor. Like it or not, you need to have more than just a very good voice.
  • Options
    fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i think you're mistaking her understated vocal for 'average'. it's not about the huge money notes and wailing like a diva with her...she has a classic jazzy vocal, beautiful sounding. and from the first time i heard her voice i said to my family she has proper quality recording vocal. and then spooky enough that is exactly what simon said a show later.
    i listen to alot of jazz and the like and she's definitely a natural. i can see her when she's older being a bit like a 'billy holiday' of sorts. great stuff...though i'm still not sure she's been given the right material to suit her. certainly better than last weeks song choice though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I think she will win but I do find her really boring with her whole "yeah im getting more confident now" line everytime

she is quite bland in my opinion
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not average at all - She has the vulnerability of Billie Holiday, but she also has an effortless power when she needs it. I could listen to her all day. She doesn't need to belt out every note like Mary or Katie tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    rebecca's really good ....I wish they'd stop making her into Billie Holiday though ...she's Rebecca ......let her shine through ....or she may as well go and join the band of tribute singers
  • Options
    George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Compared to Cher or Katie, Rebecca was/is brilliant - but that's not saying much! As nice as she appears, it's highly unlikely she'll win though...
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzamac2 wrote: »
    rebecca's really good ....I wish they'd stop making her into Billie Holiday though ...she's Rebecca ......let her shine through ....or she may as well go and join the band of tribute singers

I don't think they are making her into Billie Holliday. She already had that look on her first audition and she has the same fragility as Billie and also a similar vocal style. You can't help making the comparison, though she also reminds me of Corrine Bailey Rai, Macey Grey, Eartha Kitt and Sade, while still retaining her own individuality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they are making her into Billie Holliday. She already had that look on her first audition and she has the same fragility as Billie and also a similar vocal style. You can't help making the comparison, though she also reminds me of Corrine Bailey Rai, Macey Grey, Eartha Kitt and Sade, while still retaining her own individuality.

agree. she's naturally like that. that's what makes her special.
    can't say i agree about her being like macey grey though. i can't really stand macey grey...sorry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a good singer but i wouldn't say she is the champion. You just have a crush that is all. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fog wrote: »
    i think you're mistaking her understated vocal for 'average'. it's not about the huge money notes and wailing like a diva with her...she has a classic jazzy vocal, beautiful sounding. and from the first time i heard her voice i said to my family she has proper quality recording vocal. and then spooky enough that is exactly what simon said a show later.
    i listen to alot of jazz and the like and she's definitely a natural. i can see her when she's older being a bit like a 'billy holiday' of sorts. great stuff...though i'm still not sure she's been given the right material to suit her. certainly better than last weeks song choice though.

Nope. I'm not mistaken. Average is about right.

And a poor imitation of Billy Holliday is probably fair too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I'm not mistaken. Average is about right.

And a poor imitation of Billy Holliday is probably fair too

you're wrong. can't really put it any othe way really. but it's your opinion of course. and you can keep it..
    ...a musical education wouldn't go a miss though ;)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is fantastic. :)
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rebecca is one of my two favs., and she is lovely. :);)
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    She could definatly be in with a shot. She needs better song choices though. Last night in perticular, totally wrong.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    Rebecca is one of my two favs., and she is lovely. :);)

Is your other favourite Matt? ;) If so, we both have the same favourites this year! :D Though I do love Aiden as well, but he mucked up last night...
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

For me she reminds me,looks wise, of JLO, voice wise that song was perfect for her and I love her rendition of it. Rebecca is one of my favs. and the other is Matt love them both. ;)