World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full NXT Tapings from wrestlinginc:
    Thanks to Tara for the following WWE NXT spoilers from tonight's tapings at Full Sail University:

* Solomon Crowe defeated Buddy Murphy in a dark match. Crowe had a new theme song.

8/21/2014 Episode:

* Becky Lynch is out first. Becky had new ring gear but lost to NXT Women's Champion Charlotte with the Bow Down.

* The Vaudevillians Simon Gotch & Aiden English defeated Big Cass and Enzo Amore to advance to the NXT Tag Team Tournament finals.

* Natalya defeated Carmella. This was Carmella's TV debut.

* Mojo Rawley defeated Steve Cutler in a boring match. Mojo cut a promo on Bull Dempsey after the match.

* Sami Zayn and Adam Rose vs. Kalisto and Sin Cara in another tournament semi-final match is next. This was described as a great match with lots of spots. Cara and Kalisto win to advance to the finals.

* Triple H comes out for an off-camera segment and announces the next live special will be on September 11th. All titles will be on the line and the new NXT General Manager will be revealed.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Tyler Breeze by count out and mocked him after the match.

8/28/2014 Episode:

* They do a dark segment with a Totino's Bold contest winner coming out to Hurricane's old theme song. He gets to dance around the ring with pizza roll mascots.

* The Ascension squash two local wrestlers.

* William Regal comes out and is the new NXT General Manager He announces a Fatal 4 Way with Zayn vs. Kidd vs. Breeze vs. Neville for the NXT Title on September 11th at Takeover 2.

* Bayley defeated Sasha Banks. Sasha had a new theme song. Renee Young interviewed Bayley after the match and it will be her vs. Charlotte for the NXT Women's Title at Takeover 2.

* Bull Dempsey defeated Angelo Dawkins.

* Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze defeated Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn when Zayn accidentally kicked Neville.

9/4/2014 Episode:

* Charlotte defeated Alexa Bliss. It was said that Bliss is improving in the ring. Bayley came out and did a promo with Charlotte to hype their title match.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Tye Dillinger.

* Tyson Kidd defeated Adam Rose with a Sharpshooter.

* Sami Zayn defeated Marcus Louis by submission.

* Adrian Neville defeated CJ Parker.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto defeated The Vaudevillians in a tournament final to become the new #1 contenders. They will face The Ascension at Takeover 2. This was the main event.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0731/579566/live-spoilers-from-this-week-wwe-nxt-tv-tapings-airing-in-august/#W7TqQq32I7MYBlZe.99

My thoughts:
    - So Carmella makes her debut against Natalya, I'm looking forward to this.

- William Regal is the new NXT General Manager. :cool:

- So an Alexa Bliss ;-) appearance to look forward to shame she lost. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More spoilers from wrestlinginc regarding NXT:
    William Regal was revealed to be the new WWE NXT General Manager at tonight's tapings from Full Sail. The following matches were announced for the September 11th live NXT Takeover 2 special on the WWE Network:

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE NXT Title
    Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Adrian Neville

NXT Women's Title Match
    Bayley vs. Charlotte

NXT Tag Team Title Match
    Sin Cara and Kalisto vs. "The Ascension" Konnor & Viktor

Hair vs. Hair Match
    Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady vs. Sylvester Lefort & Marcus Louis

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0731/579575/spoilers-new-wwe-nxt-general-manager-revealed/#MR4wRJa4V7RTwIpL.99

My thoughts:
    - Looks a very good card especially the Fatal 4 Way for the NXT Title.

- Hopefully Bayley wins the NXT Women's Title.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those NXT spoilers look good. They've had a few filler weeks now but now it looks like they have some impetus going forward and I'm looking forward to it.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Regal was revealed to be the new WWE NXT General Manager at tonight's tapings from Full Sail. The following matches were announced for the September 11th live NXT Takeover 2 special on the WWE Network:

Fatal 4 Way for the WWE NXT Title
    Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Adrian Neville
    The fatal 4 way could be the match of the year if booked right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    It dont matter if its retarded. Anyone who has watched WWE for more then 15 minutes knew where they would go with him. This is pretty normal booking for them. It's perfectly in line with what the WWE have done before and what they will do again. We have no say (and for me rightly so) in these storylines. To be offended by something we know that the WWE is going to do is to me is pointless.

I could say I was offended by Zeb's comments on Raw about the flag being a symbol of Dad's taking their sons fishing and mothers teaching their daughters to cook. This is 2014 such sexism is not acceptable or the new stable of Xavier Woods etc, we all know where that will go.

If you going to sit and watch WWE you are going to see storylines like this, We have seen them before and we will see them again, Sitting arounding and moaning about it is just the type of thing HHH was going on about in his promo about him and his mate Mark.

If Vince did not take notice of the peoples views when they did the Hogan/Slaughter fued then he is never going to, Just people have a choice they can sit back and enjoy the show or they can sit back and moan and bitch about it and bang on about how shocking etc or they can switch off.

Me? I going to sit back and enjoy the show and see how they finish this storyline (be it 1950,1980 or 2025) and hope Lana and Rusiv make as much money as they can while this storyline is going on as I think both are very talented people.

I just think we have become over senstive to stuff nowadays. FFS people are spending their days complaining about a poster for the new Turtle film, Come on people have you really got nothing better to do?

Instead of moaning about it just take them for face value and enjoy. A bad guy is going to get his arse kicked sooner or later. For the first time since he has been around I want someone I think has talent to be put in a programe with Cena, Hell I would not even want Hitler and Putin have to suffer working with that waste of a place on the roster

WWE will use anything to make money or get a wrestler over

I don't pay to consume WWE. I am not a mark by any stretch of the imagination or definition. The last WWE product I paid for was a CM Punk limited edition print signed by the man himself and Jill Thompson.

A mark is someone who remains a fan of the product no matter what, tunes in every week and pays their way only to complain. I can assure you, I am proactively not endorsing the product with my wallet only to complain about the product I receive. I am not jumping for joy over expected returns, heel or face turns or lacking knowledge of the way the business works.

I understand how the business works on a basic level but I also think at this point it should be evolved to a higher station, just like movies and comic books. Mediums should raise their game in accordance with changing times and increasing expectations. The special FX in even the worst B movies exceed those of the 1970s. It's about raising your standards in relation to cultural development. As it is, Lana and Rusev's gimmick is literally profiting from real warfare. Even in the 1980s when the Col d War was still going on, Nikolai Volkoff was simply reciting the Russian National Anthem because bodies weren't falling out of the sky from shot down airliners, it was a bloodless tense conflict.

So, please do not opine to me as if I am somehow ignorant, it is insulting and if anything only illustrates your own perceived position while also undermining it through selective ignorance.

You want them to make as much as money as possible from this angle?

Tell me, had one of your family died on the MH17 flight, hypothetically, would you want them to profit from the death of your loved ones without even donating a penny to the UN fund or their funeral costs? It's easy to endorse and comment from afar when the suffering and loss doesn't land on your doorstep. I think your callous ignorance betrays a selective degree of detachment that borders on the inhumane. By that logic the victims of 9/11 were worthy sacrifices to give America reason to fear Muslim extremists. But that same logic is also cruel and sociopathic.

P.S. "It don't..." Sorry. "It doesn't...." master the basic before you presume to address the complexities of things. Again, it undermines your position of assumed authority if you type like a 6 year old ignorant of grammatical standards using Eastenders level diction. "What was done was done, innit? Now leavitout!" doesn't cut it on a credible level.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re those NXT taping results
    Can't say i'm too fond of having Enzo and Cass beat like that
    The Bayley title chase is about time it happened. Shame the Sasha/Charlotte feud isn't going to happen :(
    Regal as GM is a good choice
    As for the matches announced for TO2, the Hair v Hair match should be great value. My one issue is with the fatal 4 way, while there is no denying that will be an amazing match, have they forgotten Breeze is the No1 contender and has been allowed to cash it in when he likes? Having Kidd and Zayn in there sorta kills the point of it

I haven't seen this week's NXT yet but will catch up this evening and post my thoughts.

And who knows, if we're lucky we may get Devitt and Kenta to debut at Takeover 2 :D
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone on here watch Bad education on bbc three last night the undertaker returned lol http://youtu.be/0og3T7W7qE8
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Did anyone on here watch Bad education on bbc three last night the undertaker returned lol http://youtu.be/0og3T7W7qE8

seen that episode before, had me in stiches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re those NXT taping results
    Can't say i'm too fond of having Enzo and Cass beat like that
    The Bayley title chase is about time it happened. Shame the Sasha/Charlotte feud isn't going to happen :(
    Regal as GM is a good choice
    As for the matches announced for TO2, the Hair v Hair match should be great value. My one issue is with the fatal 4 way, while there is no denying that will be an amazing match, have they forgotten Breeze is the No1 contender and has been allowed to cash it in when he likes? Having Kidd and Zayn in there sorta kills the point of it

I haven't seen this week's NXT yet but will catch up this evening and post my thoughts.

And who knows, if we're lucky we may get Devitt and Kenta to debut at Takeover 2 :D
    ] I think Breeze gets his one vs one match within this set of tapings and there's some sort of dodgy dealings to finish it. The four way should be good fun and is hopefully a way to put the belt on Sami but I always prefer a singles match because they just tend to have more magnitude. Still, it'll be fun because they're all exciting competitors.

I think we might get announcements about their débuts and maybe an appearance but I doubt they'll have matches. I think the Network débuts in Japan in October so I think they'll hold off Kenta's first match until then.
  • guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the paul heyman DVD yet ? Any good ?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guttridge wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the paul heyman DVD yet ? Any good ?

could be a blank cd and the internet will eat it up to be fair.
  • B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    seen that episode before, had me in stiches.

Haha, think I nearly wee'd myself watching it :D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    Five NXT stars have been released:

Garrett Dylan
    Travis Tyler
    Slate Randall
    Mac Miles
    Dani Jackson
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Garrett Dylan
    Travis Tyler
    Slate Randall
    Mac Miles
    Dani Jackson

Only thing I really see in this is some of the guys haven't been signed very long.

I had a feeling we would see more turnover and less hanging onto people for years in the hope they can make something of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Garrett Dylan
    Travis Tyler
    Slate Randall
    Mac Miles
    Dani Jackson

Is that Kris Kristofferson's son?
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    Is that Kris Kristofferson's son?

One of them is, I'm not sure which though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of them is, I'm not sure which though.

It is. I think Garrett Dylan is a reference to a movie Kris Kristofferson was in called Pat Garret and Billy the Kid - Garret obviously being a titular character and Bob Dylan being one of the stars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Smackdown starts with Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On WWE.com - Raw's Most Ruthless Attacks:
    Dr. Austin attacks Mr. McMahon (5th of October 1998)
    John Cena attacks Edge in Edge's hotel room (10th of July 2006)
    The Shield attack The Rock (21st of January 2013)
    Sheamus attacks Jerry Lawler (16th of November 2009)
    AJ Lee attacks Kaitlyn (25th of March 2013)
    Brock Lesnar attacks CM Punk (15th of July 2013)
    Kane attacks Daniel Bryan (21st of April 2014)
    Vader attacks Gorilla Monsoon (22nd of January 1996)
    Mankind attacks Jim Ross (9th of June 1997)
    Wade Barrett leads Nexus to destroy John Cena (7th of June 2010)

I like the Austin, AJ Lee and Wade Barrett's (Nexus) attacks.
    Forum Member
    Turned on, first thing on screen is a Raw recap lol
  • Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here for Paige killing AJ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not BOLIEVE anymore.

Lets go R-Truth.