EE - so why does Peter act like that?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
Forum Member
What's his deal?

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    act like what? can you give an example so we know what you are talking about and what to comment on?
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Hardy is a SHIT actor, I'm sorry! Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett and Diane Parish have carried out this Lucy storyline, so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    act like what? can you give an example so we know what you are talking about and what to comment on?

Just weird, you can't see it? Just all the time strange and angry even when he shouldn't be
  • cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    dont like the character one bit he should be axed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Ben Hardy is a SHIT actor, I'm sorry! Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett and Diane Parish have carried out this Lucy storyline, so far.

Really true can't believe he gets paid, i'm jealous
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a prick. And a boring prick to boot. It's a shame because he started out as a nice guy but there isn't anything remotely nice about him anymore. Ben Hardy's acting has become incredibly wooden. He and Lauren (in fact Lauren with any bloke) are ill matched. They don't gel together in the slightest. Lauren is a character we've gotten to know very well and I honestly can't imagine Peter being someone she'd be in love with at this stage in her life. As usual she's been put with someone just because they look good together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    He probably has a secret.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a prick. And a boring prick to boot. It's a shame because he started out as a nice guy but there isn't anything remotely nice about him anymore. Ben Hardy's acting has become incredibly wooden. He and Lauren (in fact Lauren with any bloke) are ill matched. They don't gel together in the slightest. Lauren is a character we've gotten to know very well and I honestly can't imagine Peter being someone she'd be in love with at this stage in her life. As usual she's been put with someone just because they look good together.
    Tootally agree with this. Peter is both dull and unlikeable. Agree about Lauren's relationships too. They have all been awkward and unconvincing.
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I think the issue is that there's next to no emotion shown, I'm not sure whether this is an issue with Ben Hardy himself or the character of Peter that he's trying to portray.

IMO his reaction outside The Vic when Ian went to collect him and inform him about Lucy was a weird one, even though I don't suppose you would know how to act in that situation.

He just seems rather clueless in scenes, like when Lauren and him were being stalked and having photographs taken of them in the previous weeks episodes, he just seemed really dry and less caring than you would be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The trouble with Jacqueline Jossa is that she's a good actress, and I don't think she's ever used to her strengths! She's always hopping into bed with everyone, and gets put in pointless relationships! She's basically just used for sex appeal! The same applies with Whitney! Peter is just AWFUL! I'm hoping this Lucy storyline will mean a departure for Peter, without Lucy, Peter is nothing IMO! It's Cindy's turn now!:p either Peter leaves or features very very little! And I seriously hope they haven't brought Laurie Brett back just so Jane is Lucy's killer! I don't want to loose Jane, she's great! And her and Ian make a good couple! I hope they reunite soon!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the issue is that there's next to no emotion shown, I'm not sure whether this is an issue with Ben Hardy himself or the character of Peter that he's trying to portray.

IMO his reaction outside The Vic when Ian went to collect him and inform him about Lucy was a weird one, even though I don't suppose you would know how to act in that situation.

He just seems rather clueless in scenes, like when Lauren and him were being stalked and having photographs taken of them in the previous weeks episodes, he just seemed really dry and less caring than you would be.

Ben Hardy's acting is AWFUL! He's one of the worst in the show! Thomas Law was 1000x better, Ben Hardy doesn't even have a cockney accent, whereas Thomas Law did, Ben Hardy has a deep, posh accent, which just doesn't suit Peter, it's all so ****ed up! The Peter who left in 2010, has not returned IMO!
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it because his friend died in the sea and its "his fault"...maybe a good twist would be Lucy's killer is a new character related to Peter's friend who wanted revenge
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Hardy's acting is AWFUL! He's one of the worst in the show! Thomas Law was 1000x better, Ben Hardy doesn't even have a cockney accent, whereas Thomas Law did, Ben Hardy has a deep, posh accent, which just doesn't suit Peter, it's all so ****ed up! The Peter who left in 2010, has not returned IMO!

Thomas law was a terrible actor.. Peter was given no significant storylines during his time as a result!!
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Just weird, you can't see it? Just all the time strange and angry even when he shouldn't be

I think a lot of people ould be 'strange' and 'angry' if their twin sister had been killed and they had no idea as to why or who was responsible to get some kind of retribution. Plus of course he is carrying guilt due to them having argued in her final few days olus perhaps more. $

I actually think Ben Hardy is a very good, understated actor. I thought it before the Lucy death storyline, one of the first things I said when it came out what they were doing was that it would give Woodyatt and Hardy a chance to shine and I don't think he's 04:02:19 us down.

But as per the thread earlier this evening acting is very much in the eye of the beholder.
    Forum Member
    Goldeyfish wrote: »
    Thomas law was a terrible actor.. Peter was given no significant storylines during his time as a result!!

I don't think Thomas Law was dreadful but I do think Ben Hardy is much better and has been from day 1. But then I think Hetti. Was a better Actress than Melissa Suffield and whilst I loved what Melissa did as Lucy in her early/mid teens (esp the minime Cindy stuff) I didn't have an issue with the recast at all.
    Forum Member

Ben Hardy has enough of a cockney accent. Let's not forget Peter spent a couple of years aborad when little surrounded by foreign and posh people. He has then spent a couple of years in Cornwall. Plus some people just are more 'accentless' than others. I live (and grew up) about 20 miles north east of London, I have.a lot of very good friends from Canning Town (including one that went to primary school with Danny Dyer), walthamstow, Stratford,and you know what - some have very broad EastEnd accents and some don't. I was brought up In Essex (spitting distance of TOWIE area) but don't sound Essex due to having spent a lot of time in the North east where my Mum came from and various other relatives - including my Dad's in Highbury.

Don't forget that Ian has always had ideas above his st*tion, is it so odd that some of that would go to Peter?
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    ...one of the first things I said when it came out what they were doing was that it would give Woodyatt and Hardy a chance to shine and I don't think he's 04:02:19 us down.
    What does "04:02:19" mean?
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I really dislike Peter now and don't think much of Ben's acting either. Old Peter was much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter used to be a sweet guy. He might still have been salvageable after he turned into Ian junior but unfortunately he fell in love with Lauren. Lauren and Pe'uh will be insufferable together. Both are shallow, self absorbed, self righteous hypocrites and just like their fathers. I suspect we will be subjected to cheesy romantic gestures, discussions of their fathers' moral failings and scenes where this super couple try to unite their families and lecture them into behaving themselves.
    The trouble with Jacqueline Jossa is that she's a good actress, and I don't think she's ever used to her strengths! She's always hopping into bed with everyone, and gets put in pointless relationships! She's basically just used for sex appeal! The same applies with Whitney! Peter is just AWFUL! I'm hoping this Lucy storyline will mean a departure for Peter, without Lucy, Peter is nothing IMO! It's Cindy's turn now!:p either Peter leaves or features very very little! And I seriously hope they haven't brought Laurie Brett back just so Jane is Lucy's killer! I don't want to loose Jane, she's great! And her and Ian make a good couple! I hope they reunite soon!:)

I thought sex appeal was her strength. Jacqueline is very camera conscious.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Ben Hardy is a pretty poor actor. He drones his way through his scenes with little or no facial expression. Whether he's saying 'I love you' or ordering a coffee there is no difference in his delivery. I find most of the young men dull and lacking in any sort of charisma, but he and Liam are the worst of them. I'm not denying that he's managed a couple of fairly decent scenes since he arrived but it's not enough for such a major character.
    We have some exciting young female talent in the show, but they are let down by all these Ricky Butcher clones.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

Wow! It's amazing how Laurie can carry a show she's not even in yet :D
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm convinced he's got some sort of mental illness and that he killed Lucy in an irrational moment of anger.
    It's possible he doesn't even remember it.

Or he's just a generally shit actor and comes across as angry when he's just trying to be intense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Wow! It's amazing how Laurie can carry a show she's not even in yet :D

She was great in her short stint though, and she will be when she returns!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldeyfish wrote: »

He was better than Ben Hardy!
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Peter was responsible for his friend's death, possibly (directly or indirectly) responsible for Lucy's... is he going to become Walford's answer to John Stape, a bungling grim reaper?