Options

ED: Carly Hope - Thoughts?

124»

Comments

• Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most bizarre episode of any soap I have ever seen. A girl, who I think lives in Australia, arrives in the village in a limousine and wearing a wedding dress. By coincidence, her father was standing in the middle of the village and she instructed him to get in the limousine and go to the church/registry office (where?) to give her away. When they got to the destination, he got out of the limo and walked 2 miles back to the village. The girl then arrived at the father's cafe..................I had to leave there as I worried for my sanity.

I'm with you Janet, couldn't make out what was going on. Whatever the writers are on, can I have some too please?

Like Star and ONJ, I too make my mind up about a person as soon as I meet them, if I dislike them on sight, sometimes I think well maybe they are ok, but then they do something that makes me think I was right in the first place! Mr House calls me a witch because of my snap decisions.

Didn't think much of the new arrival, I hadn't heard of Carly before, must have missed her earlier incarnation. On this performance I just thought another bl**dy tiresome brat with a big mouth and a very large McCain's chip on her shoulder. I don't remember her in anything else, don't watch HO and can't remember her in Casualty, was she in that long?

Don't we have enough of these types in ED? There's Charity (spit), Debbie, although she has been ok lately, Kerry, I like her now she is rid of the awful daughter Orangina Amy, Nicola is gobby and stroppy but I absolutely love her, Chas, who is well Chas and will never change and of course that dreadful waste of space that is currently cluttering up my TV screen, Toxic Tracy. Enough surely we don't need any more, please.
  • Options
    bobby-lee 101bobby-lee 101 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that gets me is she looks NOTHING like the old Carly?
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was extremely annoying in her first episode but got slightly better last night. Calling Brenda Wendy all the time stopped being funny the first time too. Still have no idea why she would suddenly want to live in a small village like Emmerdale after all his time.
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would have been more funnier if she had called Brenda 'Viv'. Af
    ter 10 years (and it was the last time she had contact with Bob) she might just assume it's her.
  • Options
    hae2811hae2811 Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/DDqgMVx.png
    Nothing like this one.

I didn't know Marc Silcock was in emmerdale before he was Jackson! And not long before too.

Carly seems like a brat but I enjoyed her scenes with April. I think she'll be a good match for Ross
  • Options
    BBKINGREALITYBBKINGREALITY Posts: 3,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was dull as dishwater in I'm a celeb, I didn't like her in the jungle at all. She's just a pair of t i ts with a bland personality. This s/l is ridiculously far-fetched & the character & actress are both dreadful.
  • Options
    BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Very annoying still. Doesn't even add conflict, just a rude and unlikable miserable cow.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was dull as dishwater in I'm a celeb, I didn't like her in the jungle at all. She's just a pair of t i ts with a bland personality. This s/l is ridiculously far-fetched & the character & actress are both dreadful.

Or... she's a human being who simply doesn't have a dazzling personality?
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I thought she was better again tonight. She made me laugh looking for a new boyfriend on her phone. I'm open-minded about our Carly, could be fine.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Carly, she's very representative of a lot of girls I know back home in Leeds. I like Gemma's acting too, she's very natural.