Options

Advice - what about this Samsung tv

AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've seen this: Samsung SM225MD in a few places for around £ 300 with in-built freeview etc.

I know it's 16:10, rather than 16:9, but most others at this price also seem to be 16:10.

Also is one of the 'syncmaster' range, which I'd always had down as monitors rather than tvs.

Does anybody have one ? Is it any good ? What are the picture and sound like as these are quite important.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a Samsung SM225MD which my wife watches in the bedroom, she goes to bed earlier than me. Argos have it as a TV in their catalouge though it is really a monitor.
    All the instructions are on a disc so you must have a PC to view them, apart from the quick start guide.
    The picture quality is pretty good, we are on a loft ariel with an amplifier in a poor recption area, but the signal strength on most channels adequate, about the same as on our other sets.
    The sound volume is quite low, it's ample for a quiet bedroom but it needs to be on 80% for normal room listening. My wife has no problem listening.
    The controls are all touch at the bottom front of the screen, normal remote. I would suggest viewing a set in a dealers before buying.
    It's a very nice looking set, easy to wall mount.
    Hope this helps.