remote problems Hitachi TV

I have an Lcd hitachi 32inch tv and the remote has just stopped working cannot switch the tv on manually as the volume just blasts out and cannot see a button to lower it manually - any ideas either with remote or where the volume button is on tv (if there is one)?

Comments

• AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    I have an Lcd hitachi 32inch tv and the remote has just stopped working cannot switch the tv on manually as the volume just blasts out and cannot see a button to lower it manually - any ideas either with remote or where the volume button is on tv (if there is one)?

I assume you've consulted the instruction manual? That should tell you where the on-set controls are (I'd be very surprised if there weren't any).They may be hidden round the back / side as seems common with LCDs.

Also, nobody on this board is telepathic, so at the very least we'd need a model number to help you.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry cant find instruciton manual lookd everywhere an tv does not say model no even on argos receipt and listing in catalogue - I have now found manual volume control so at least I can turn tv on
  • AlanOAlanO Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    Sorry cant find instruciton manual lookd everywhere an tv does not say model no even on argos receipt and listing in catalogue - I have now found manual volume control so at least I can turn tv on

There will be a model number on the back - there is usually an information 'label' (even on own brand / unbranded products) which usually states model number, serial number and some other details e.g. voltage designed to operate, current drain and also recycling instructions (usually a picture of a wheelie bin with a cross through).