Humax Freesat locking up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
Forum Member
So I took the plunge and bought a Fresat Humax Freetime box. Overall I am very pleased except twice the box has totally frozen with none of the controls on the remote or the box itself working, yet the TV picture/sound carries on playing fine. Only pulling the plug will fix it. On both occasions this occurred after hitting the Power button on the remote to turn the box on.

I have the latest firmware. Considering I have only had this box a week it has me worried.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rec wrote: »
    So I took the plunge and bought a Fresat Humax Freetime box. Overall I am very pleased except twice the box has totally frozen with none of the controls on the remote or the box itself working, yet the TV picture/sound carries on playing fine. Only pulling the plug will fix it. On both occasions this occurred after hitting the Power button on the remote to turn the box on.

I have the latest firmware. Considering I have only had this box a week it has me worried.

How long did you leave the box in this condition. Seen this a couple of times, put it down to the cpu being tied up. In both cases the box started responding after 5 mins or so. The box won't respond to the remote on boot until after the now/next epg is displayed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Thanks for such a quick reply. I wasn't here the first time it happened but I didn't wait very long the second time. Next time I'll give it 5 or 10m and see if it sorts itself out.