Toshiba HD-EP10 Updating Help Needed.

Bought one of these wonderful machines and the playback of standard DVD`S is immense.

However, one of my HD DVD`S started playing up a little. A freind at work had a similar problem but after updating his firmware, it has been superb. Unfortunately, he is on the sick at the moment and cannot seek his help.

I have my PC upstairs in the bedroom. My HD TV and Toshiba HD-EP10 are downstairs. I need to update my firmware. Obviously, i do not have an ethernet cable downstairs, but instead connected to a router upstairs.

What is the best way to connect one to the other given the distance involved? Any tips for configuring the ethernet port with ntlworld internet connection?

Sorry if these questions are a bit thick, but i am not that good with techy stuff like ethernet etc.

Comments

• KojackKojack Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could either try a long cable, or the cheapest option do you have a TV up stairs at all, can't you then do the update from upstairs ?

If you don't need to access any menus on your DVD player, you maybe able to get away with just plugging it in to the ethernet cable & power socket upstairs once you have set the port to receive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An even easier way is to phone Toshiba & they will send out an update disc free of charge!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorted it !!

Remembered that about 5 years ago, when ntl first launched their broadband service, they connected my PC upstairs to the set top box downstairs via a very very long ethernet cable.

After about 2 hours of pulling the house apart, i found the cable. Connected it to my Toshiba via the router and hey presto!! Download of new firmware took about 30 mins.

Now seems to play all HD movies flawlessly.:)