Options

The New Store

2»

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never browse? Oh nothing like a good browse thru, see if there is anything that I've disregarded before that I may actually might like to try now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Too much stuff missing now - wanted some stuff - gone!
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    You never browse? Oh nothing like a good browse thru, see if there is anything that I've disregarded before that I may actually might like to try now.
    I used to browse quite a bit on the old store after adding funds to look for stuff i'd missed while my ps-wallet was empty or just to check for special offers, price drops etc...

The new store however is having the same affect the metro dashboard did on the 360, I don't like it to the point where Im not spending time using it. Well the xbox marketplace at least, still use the console but only to play disc games so i avoid the dash & when i do want to play xbla games I use the guide rather than the dash.

The PS-Store is going the same way. I find it hard to navigate, Think some of the content is poorly placed/corted & hate the boxes view style so Im just not going to use it unless I have to (That been when I know there's something there i want).

In all honesty however, If they introduced some sort of view options so that I could switch the layout to a list rather than the boxes I'd likely start going on there a bit more again because I find a list view far easier to read/scroll through than the boxes view were forced to use currently, Just find that view style difficult to read quickly & scroll through.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Just noticed that they have now added a 'New this week' section in the games/latest category.

At least they seem to be listening to some of the criticisms. Hopefully we'll have some view options & an on-screen keyboard for searching (Rather than the tumbler) in the near future.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used the new store for the first time last night. What a pain in the arse!

The new this week section lasted for about 3 days scrolling through every individual rockband track and theme with the odd demo hiding somewhere in between.

They should have sub menus for related content and there should also be some scrolling indication of how far up/down the list you are.

There should be a date on to show the latest content or highlight the boxes of the content that is new this week so it stands out instantly.
  • Options
    bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried looking for a Tomb Raider avatar - had to look through 2000 avatars to find them - where is the A-Z category (I don't mean the sort by alphabetically).
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they havent a clue, dont listen to the people who use the console day in day out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Sister's husband knows someone who works in the gaming industry & he has said that since the launch of the new store there has been a big drop in the number of people using it.

According to him its getting a lot less traffic & significantly Less purchases as a result.

Was also told that based on largely negative feedback the new store will now likely not be released to Japanese psn users.

He believes that the new store will be getting a big redesign early in the new year.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »

The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not currently supported by this browser.

In both Chromium and Firefox :mad:
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The Sony Entertainment Network Store is not currently supported by this browser.

Seems to work fine for me using both Chrome and Firefox.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

I use Firefox on W7 Ultimate 64bit and it works fine.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like the new store. Once it's loaded it seems to run much quicker than the old one. The web version is decent too.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    I use Firefox on W7 Ultimate 64bit and it works fine.

I tried in Ubuntu so I guess that's the problem seeing as everyone seems to be having success with the web store.

Come on Sony show some Linux love.