Options

Forever (UK pace)

Comments

• Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    I was intrigued by the guy who's spying on him claiming to be 2,000 years old. His length of time alive going back to the age of Christ could be significant, especially as the glimpse of his hand showed him to be a white guy rather than Native American. Interesting!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I was intrigued by the guy who's spying on him claiming to be 2,000 years old. His length of time alive going back to the age of Christ could be significant, especially as the glimpse of his hand showed him to be a white guy rather than Native American. Interesting!!
    Plus a gruff New York accent
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a bit fluffy this series,not dark enough for it's subject matter,almost tongue in cheek.

I'll stick with it for now but seems quite dull.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Plus a gruff New York accent

A quick look at Wikipedia will show you who "Adam" is
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems it has lost a lot of viewers as it gone on.

Down to 5million from 8million. Not sure if that is bad enough to see it cancelled though.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    A quick look at Wikipedia will show you who "Adam" is
    That would be too much of a spoiler for me.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be too much of a spoiler for me.

By telling you who Adam is I meant who the actor playing him is
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with the latest episode earlier. Very much an "Oooohhh" moment when "Adam" revealed he was over 2,000 years old.

I still like it - it's a very easy watch. I suspect they're keeping it "light" to give themselves the best chance of renewal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caught up with the latest episode earlier. Very much an "Oooohhh" moment when "Adam" revealed he was over 2,000 years old.

I still like it - it's a very easy watch. I suspect they're keeping it "light" to give themselves the best chance of renewal.
    It really shouldn't have been though given Herny's profession and thought process and intelligence who would know that human society has been going for about 10000 years. 2000 is nowt.
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    This show is an enjoyable watch, nothing more than that. Ioan Gruffud is a decent performer as Henry.

Also nice to see Judd Hirsch again as Abe. Hadn't seen him in any form since Independence Day.
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this series at all. It just reminds me of so many other shows/films. I'll watch one more but I think it will all be a bit samey.

Highlander - bringing up a child from WW2 who knows his secret and runs antiques shop.

Time Travellers Wife - called Henry and returns naked every time.

Mentallist - the way he knows so much about people from one glance.

Sherlock - his lengthy explanations of what happened.

Plus:
    True Blood - a main character who has lived for hundreds of years (see Vampire Bill/Eric Northman)
    South Park - like Kenny he "dies" at least once an episode.
    Torchwood - apparently immortal like Capt. Jack Harkness.
    CSI - he can deduce cause of death by the particular direction the victim's nasal hair is bending/gathers DNA evidence in half a minute/has an irritating, socially awkward, comic-relief lab-tech..
    Taxi - Judd Hirsch ferries him around New York in a car.
    :D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have this on because the gf has the hots for Henry. That's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's getting better. The pace is slowing and so is his manner. In the first episodes it was like he was high on coke!

What I didn't get though was when he saw Abe's name on the list why he travelled all the way home.
    Why not call the shops landline or Abe's mobile?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like how he didn't die in the latest episode as well. I hope they only use that when it's appropriate as it can certainly get quite tired if they have to crowbar a way for him to die in each time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and surely at some point someone is going to see him disappear or even film it - these days people with mobiles will film anything, even a fatal accident.

Also, how is he keeping the time of how long it takes him to come back to life?
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the recent episode less. I don't need another police procedural.

As an aside, I don't think living for 2,000 years would make you stop caring about people. We live a lot longer than many of our pets, but we still care about them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strange episode last night.

There wasn't any hint of he being in trouble and being killed in the episode but his 'condition' did give him insight to the old lady and also some background about himself.

Apart from that though it was a standard police procedural.
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Strange episode last night.

There wasn't any hint of he being in trouble and being killed in the episode but his 'condition' did give him insight to the old lady and also some background about himself.

Apart from that though it was a standard police procedural.

The subplot about his "stalker" Adam has also disappeared in the last two episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure they've got the balance right with this show.

Myself and others didn't want to see him die every week, but at the same time if that plot is removed then it's just a standard police drama. It's Quincy.

They have the flashbacks about him living in the city 100 years ago but really doesn't add much to the plot.

What happened to 'Adam'?
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this. Very Elementary in its police procedural but Ioan Gruffudd is having fun as Henry.

As for 'Adam', he is back next week according to the info on the TV guide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I wouldn't go off what synopsis say :D
    Henry casts an eye over the death of a reformed addict, before spinning a tall tale when Jo asks questions about his friendship with Abe
    It was hardly that was it?
    10 seconds at the end of the episode where he said they've been friends for years, which is true (obviously he's not going to mention how old he is and that he raised Abe as a son).
  • Options
    SgtRockSgtRock Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, has Henry taken my suggestion and hidden a set of clothes under the Brooklyn Bridge ready for when he dies and re-emerges there? Seemed to find his own way back this time.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news Forever will get a full quota of epsiodes this season let's hope ratings continue to improve so there's a chance for a 2nd season :)

http://tvline.com/2014/11/07/forever-full-season-1-renewal-abc/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A good use of his death last night. I do think they're stringing out this Adam storyline a bit much though, first only hearing him, now only seeing his feet etc.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen Judd Hirsch in anything since 'Taxi' !