Gomorrah - Italian Mob Drama

LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching this Italian show?

It's about a current day Neapolitan Camorra family. Watched the first ep last nihgt and it was really very good. Very realistic and gritty. Very much looking forwards to the remainder of the series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Comments

• creativethievescreativethieves Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Got to a agree. Enjoyed last nights show
  • pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was excellent. Very similar to the film in style. Great stuff
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second episode moved along nicely, looks like Ciro is so desperate to be No. 1 that he'll take any old piss from Don Pietro :o

Just as well Genarro crashed his bike as he is a total liability and Pietro seems to have messed up big time thinking Bookie was the mole.
    Forum Member
    Second episode moved along nicely, looks like Ciro is so desperate to be No. 1 that he'll take any old piss from Don Pietro :o

Just as well Genarro crashed his bike as he is a total liability and Pietro seems to have messed up big time thinking Bookie was the mole.

yeah there isn't any wasted time in this show, the story is progressing nicely. a few cliches but i'll let them slide. i stumbled upon it by chance and I'm a big fan of the book and film so it's a shame it's not got more recognition. it's got the potential to turn into a fantastic series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I am surprise that there have been not many posts about this series on DS. from the two episodes I have seen, it is a slick series and when you get past the subtitles it seems better than most programs you get in the states.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else thinks Ciro looks like Pep Guardiola?
  • Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Enjoying this so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on Omar, I kept trying to think who he looked like but couldn't put my finger on it but now you say it that's who I must have been thinking of :)
    Forum Member
    This is really good. Even though little happened in terms of the main story I liked the shift to prison life.
    Forum Member
    Last night's ep was a strange one in terms of little story advancement but still worth watching.

The prison stuff was well done. Don Pietro really wasn't giving in to his harsh treatment.

Gennaro becoming the 'man of the house' should make things interesting.
  • StylesStyles Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really enjoying this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    During the last esp when gennaro crash his bike, we're did ciro get the number for the police
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Very much enjoying this.

Sky's synopsis for episode 4 doesn't seem right though unless I'm missing something. It said:
    Imma takes Ciro by surprise when she makes a ruthless play to take charge in Pietro's absence.

That didn't happen, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diplodocus wrote: »
    Very much enjoying this.

Sky's synopsis for episode 4 doesn't seem right though unless I'm missing something. It said:
    Imma takes Ciro by surprise when she makes a ruthless play to take charge in Pietro's absence.

That didn't happen, right?

I was confused by that too, definitely didn't happen so expect to see that in Episode 5.

I still think Gennaro is a liability but Ciro is building him up because he knows how much Pietro adores him and sees it as a way of gaining brownie points.
    Forum Member
    That was brilliant!
    Even though Don Pietro is an awful person, I couldn't help but feel bad for him seeing his world suddenly crash around him. The scene in the fire and the riot coupled with the ending was brilliant. The story still remains quite lightweight, but you can't take your eyes off it!
    Forum Member
    Good episode again but I was confused by the episode description too as the description never happened.

Given the clips shown during the end credits, looks like we'll get that part of the story next week.
    Forum Member
    That was a great episode. Very Wire-esque how it jumps between different sectors/perspectives. Ciro is a supporting character for the moment and even though the finale with the accountant was very telegraphed, it was great to show the power that the camorra have.
    Forum Member
    The snot flying out of the accountant's nose was captivating. Ciro needs to learn about boundaries and personal space.
    Forum Member
    Seems the episode description is still wrong. This week we got the power struggle but the description was about Ciro's journey to make peace with Conte.

Otherwise, another good episode. Imma came into her own in this ep.

The ending with the accountant was predictable but still enjoyed the storyline.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The snot flying out of the accountant's nose was captivating. Ciro needs to learn about boundaries and personal space.

Thought the same about Ciro. :D

It won't be long before he and Genny are sharing a passionate kiss.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! He does look like Pep. Think that's why I'm finding him quite attractive. :D By the way, I Googled the actor and he looks 10x more attractive without hair!
    He really does. He always looks like he's about the jump on the hapless Gennaro.

I'm enjoying this as well. I recently finished watching the brilliant Romanzo Criminale and this is filling the void very nicely. It's a shame these Italian crime dramas don't seem to attract the level of attention and discussion that the Nordic BBC4 dramas do, because they are every bit as good.

And I too wish Sky would sort the synopsis problem out already. It's been going on for weeks now.
    Forum Member
    another fantastic episode. How many have we got left?
    Forum Member
    5 to go I think.

Loved that episode, best since the second one for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ciro not a happy bunny as Lady Imma flexes her muscles. She showed her softer side by helping the girl and taking in the stray dog but with both of them killed how will she react?

Looking forward to the rest of the series.
    Forum Member
    Ciro not a happy bunny as Lady Imma flexes her muscles. She showed her softer side by helping the girl and taking in the stray dog but with both of them killed how will she react?

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

...confused that every new character in each episode ends up dead?!

Don't get me wrong, this episode was brilliant but it's boiled down to Genny, Pieter, Imma and Ciro. I guess that Conte is still around.