Options

Leona Lewis DISCUSSION thread

Comments

• Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, you can't pur Swift in the same calibre as Leona. It's laughable to even suggest it.

Okay so the appreciation thread, I believe is good for this sort of input.
    Are yiou for real? Who care's about itunes? Only the kids.

Same here. No need for arguing on this thread. It's been to draw a line down the middle so those that want to be able to express their doubts can do so without argument.
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    No one is claiming its easy, its comments like this that bug me, you might get annoyed at the optimism, but I mainly get annoyed at people twisting comments, its all speculation, no one is saying anything is for sure. Its chit chat to keep the thread going and to keep morales up, 'yes things aren't going well just now, but it can change', is the whole idea of those dicussions, keeps us upbeat and postive about the future.

What else should we do? Should we be depressed and down about the situation, why? We can't change a thing, so no point getting worked up about it.

People are being optimistic and saying that if she CAN get a hit in the US then the rest of the world would follow. And US radio is a lot less judgemental than UK radio, they don't care she is 30, or a reality tv winner, they don't have the history of her having a few underperforming singles in a row, she has just disapeared over their for the most part. She is back now with a major player label, Def Jam, that commands respect, she has got herself back in a major position again after a disaterous few years. That pricks ears up at radios and the press etc when the press release and track gets sent to them.

Def Jam wouldn't have signed her if they didn't have a desire to push her in the US.

This kind of message would really be appreciated on the appreciation page. Remember, this one's not the appreciation page so no need to worry about it getting negative. I just want to make sure we stop people from fighting one another. It was a nice post at the end though :).
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted. :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor Swift is unbelievably talented, she is able to craft and write great songs, and has an incredible work ethic. Talent is not ALWAYS down to the vocals, there are other bits that make up the song

Sorry, not in my opinion she is'nt, but everyone to their own.
  • Options
    stevo642stevo642 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 38 on itunes since this morning, that's better than I expected tbh :)
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevo642 wrote: »
    Number 38 on itunes since this morning, that's better than I expected tbh :)

Better than I expected too!

Though unless the performance can propel the song into the top 10 on iTunes, it will be unlikely to make the top 40, as it's really slowed down on iTunes now. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    36 now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise to see it doing well, as it's a catchy number, and appeals to all ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now at 33. Good to see.
  • Options
    stevo642stevo642 Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32, slow but steady :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    30 now :)
  • Options
    Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    #FireUnderMyFeet is trending on Twitter too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused with this campaign. If it hits top 20, then that's great. It's certainly not newsworthy in terms of a bad chart position so hopefully the press won't start to poke and prod. I know everyone's looking at this like a massive success; however, I can't help but feel that when so many a few weeks ago were saying it's obviously going to get number one that they're now saying it's doing amazing considering everything that's gone against it. Nothing's gone against FUMF at all. Literally nothing. She's not with Syco, she's doing the music she wants to do. I don't think there's much hunger for Leona anymore but what I hope happens is that she sticks to doing music that sells enough albums to stick around (like Will Young).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is now at 26 on ITunes, and is bound to go higher after her performance on The Palladium at 8pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virtuoso wrote: »
    I'm confused with this campaign. If it hits top 20, then that's great. It's certainly not newsworthy in terms of a bad chart position so hopefully the press won't start to poke and prod. I know everyone's looking at this like a massive success; however, I can't help but feel that when so many a few weeks ago were saying it's obviously going to get number one that they're now saying it's doing amazing considering everything that's gone against it. Nothing's gone against FUMF at all. Literally nothing. She's not with Syco, she's doing the music she wants to do. I don't think there's much hunger for Leona anymore but what I hope happens is that she sticks to doing music that sells enough albums to stick around (like Will Young).

Nothing has gone against it?

The release date was set, changed, changed again, it has no support from the major labels and at this moment has had no promo.

I think that can count as going against it! :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seriously? How can you say that? She has been snubbed by major radio that is the worst thing that can happen to a song, we all thought she had a strong chance of doing well when we thought radio might get on board, that is clear its not going to happen with FUMF.

The release date has been brought forward several weeks, so losing its chance to raise its exposure and garner new fans before its eventual release, which would have resulted in a higher peak.

I can't believe you think nothing has went against this. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously? How can you say that? She has been snubbed by major radio that is the worst thing that can happen to a song, we all thought she had a strong chance of doing well when we thought radio might get on board, that is clear its not going to happen with FUMF.

The release date has been brought forward several weeks, so losing its chance to raise its exposure and garner new fans before its eventual release, which would have resulted in a higher peak.

Well she was on the A list of Radio 2 last week, so hardly being snubbed by major radio is it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has gone against it?

The release date was set, changed, changed again, it has no support from the major labels and at this moment has had no promo.

I think that can count as going against it! :P

I know that these things have happened and I agree, that has gone against it but I'm working under the premise that everyone else was. Everybody said that there was no reason to doubt because Island had it sorted, this is gonna smash, SLAYONA! But she's with Island and major stations haven't picked and there's been no real promo. I have to agree, it's doing very well given all of that but what I mean is everyyone was kicking off (at you as well) for doubting Island Records but they've done the same as Syco.

Yeah, I understand why you're saying this and it's a fair point after all so I'm i do agree to an extent but it was directed all those that were saying Island should not be doubted. I just don't know if labels are looking to invest a huge amount in her which is silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she was on the A list of Radio 2 last week, so hardly being snubbed by major radio is it.

Radio 2 hardly has any effect on single performances though, the three major stations Capital, Heart and Radio 1 are who you really need and they aren't on board.

And no she wasn't, she is B-List this week on Radio 2. Last week was song of the week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know that these things have happened and I agree, that has gone against it but I'm working under the premise that everyone else was. Everybody said that there was no reason to doubt because Island had it sorted, this is gonna smash, SLAYONA! But she's with Island and major stations haven't picked and there's been no real promo. I have to agree, it's doing very well given all of that but what I mean is everyyone was kicking off (at you as well) for doubting Island Records but they've done the same as Syco.

Ah right, yeah! I see :) Sorry!
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Was she miming on the Palladium, it seemed really odd. Also, sack the stylist!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great performance from leona. Makes last years winner of XF look very poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    Was she miming on the Palladium, it seemed really odd. Also, sack the stylist!!

Nope, she was singing live!
    Great performance from leona. Makes last years winner of XF look very poor.

Makes everyone from last year seem poor! She's THAT good! :D
  • Options
    joeseeksjoeseeks Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, it's all going so much better than it should be....

but...

If she'd released in 3 weeks with a proper build up, she'd be top 5 on iTunes by now, maybe even number 1, especially as she'd probably be on her 2nd or 3rd performance so it makes me so frustrated.

Island can't have thought boosting top 20 - 25 was enough to release it early when there's no support and it's going to free-fall from Tuesday onwards?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now at 24 on Itunes, and big increase in sales since her great performance on ITV earlier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    This isn't strong enough to be a lead single...maybe the 5th single to close out the era but definitely not the lead.

The acapella intro kills it as a single right from the start, the production is poor and dated ,too much vocal for your average radio listener.

She needed to release a summery, breezy, catchy song as the lead and not this drivel...with a cliche video to go with it.

No one should be surprised that this isn't playlisted by Capital and R1. It would've flopped anyway and now there is actually a chance that these two may playlist the next single if it's any good.

If they release this in the US as the lead she may kiss her career goodbye for good.