Recommend me a long lasting after shave for everyday use.

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't have much left of my James Bronnley Gentlemen's Aftershave ( Seville oranges, bergamot, cedar and mosses ) which is cheap and long lasting for my everyday use driving the General Public here and there.
Anyone recommend any other cheapish EDT/Aftershave/Cologne?

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Nothing beats the great smell of Brut. :cool:
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not even Hai Karate?
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,054
    Forum Member
    CK One. It's the ONLY scent I know which smells great on everyone - male or female, young or old, every ethnicity. I honestly don't know how they do that!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Paul Smith Sunshine
    CK One
    CK Eternity
    Eau D'Issy
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    Body Shop Activist is a good every day scent. Worth trying. Often available at a lot less the the £15 in that link.

Actually does not last a whole day but a quick top up spray mid day makes you feel good anyway I think.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone I will have a look at your suggestions.
    Found this site that may be useful.

http://www.fragrantica.com/search/
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Beckham aftershaves can be found under a tenner and they're all nice
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Smith Sunshine
    CK One
    CK Eternity
    Eau D'Issy

L'Eau D'Issey is my favourite, CK One is also nice.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chanel Allure Homme it is £55 a bottle but worth every penny I always get compliments wearing it my girlfriend loves it too. I have been wearing it for over 10 years now. Burberry for men is nice too for everyday as a change.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just take the James Bronnley with you and top it up when necessary? On the other hand, there is little worse than having to mix with men smelling conspicuously of aftershave. Having to sit next to a teenager is the worst, because they seem to think that a bottle full is a single dose application.

I actually have some of that aftershave and I like the way that it doesn't persist for too long. It's still there, but very subtle. If anyone nan smell it from more than about a foot away then it's too strong in my opinion.

I once described the smell of being more like orange peel and bonfire smoke with just a hint of dried urine – although the latter might have been my own contribution. :D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Creed Aventus.
  • VulpesVulpes Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joop! Homme is cheap and very long lasting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creed Aventus.

£215 a bottle! Even I baulk at that price for a bottle of water with chemicals in it what a rip off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was given a bottle of Paco Raban Billionaire for xmas this year. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it is very long lasting.

I can have washed and dried a shirt, and then while ironing it, I can still smell the aftershave really strong.

It might be a bit overpowering for daytime though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was given a bottle of Paco Raban Billionaire for xmas this year. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it is very long lasting.

I can have washed and dried a shirt, and then while ironing it, I can still smell the aftershave really strong.

It might be a bit overpowering for daytime though.

It's Millionaire and it is £57.99 a bottle I might give it a try next time I am in the Perfumery.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Millionaire and it is £57.99 a bottle I might give it a try next time I am in the Perfumery.
    Bear in mind that many women find many aftershaves to be a repellent. One once bought me some Obsession for Men because it's one of the few that she could stand. It has to be used very sparingly though. It's best just to give a quick spray into the air and just walk through the mist. Most people treat it as a form of chemical warfare.
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

Different from the normal run of the mill modern fragrances, launched in 1904 - it's classy.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Puke smells better than that.

OP, a cheapo bottle of Old Spice - the pong lasts all day.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that Eau de Robinet is quite a common choice, apparently very subtle and unobtrusive, occasionally a hint of a lightly soapy aroma is noticeable.

edit: I don't remember ever seeing this in a shop though.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    theid wrote: »
    CK One. It's the ONLY scent I know which smells great on everyone - male or female, young or old, every ethnicity. I honestly don't know how they do that!

it`s horrid.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Bear in mind that many women find many aftershaves to be a repellent. One once bought me some Obsession for Men because it's one of the few that she could stand. It has to be used very sparingly though. It's best just to give a quick spray into the air and just walk through the mist. Most people treat it as a form of chemical warfare.

i`ve got a friend who does that, he only has to visit for ten minutes and you can still smell him the next day.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the other poster, Creed Aventus is phenomenal.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Beckham aftershaves can be found under a tenner and they're all nice

I generally avoid celebrity fragrances, but David Beckham Homme is really nice.
    Although, I think the shower gel smells even nicer than the aftershave.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dior's Eau Sauvage smells lovely and lasts well, which citrusy scents often don't. It has a woody, slightly spicy note as well, but isn't too heavy for daytime.

I've loved since it came out back in the 60's.

Hermes Terre is fantastic. Not cheap, but it's powerful so you only need a tiny squirt of it.