Neat Hourglass

JDBabyJDBaby Posts: 180
Forum Member
Hi

Looking for recommendations for UK clothes stores or ranges for my wife who has a Neat Hourglass figure. She is petite, clothes size UK8. She has a real problem finding things that she thinks suit her which should be quite fitted. Lots she tries are just not flattering for her, just look baggy.

The Blue Banana range is a good example of what she likes, and I think she looks great as well. Pattyboutik is another example, though she has not tried yet. She works in an office so any recomendations for workwear (blouses/skirts/cardigans etc...) as well is much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Comments

• ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure on that type of clothing per se, but on the fitting - has she tried petite ranges in other shops? These will probably suit her body type better. Most chain stores do petite versions - such as Dorothy Perkins and so on.
  • JDBabyJDBaby Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure on that type of clothing per se, but on the fitting - has she tried petite ranges in other shops? These will probably suit her body type better. Most chain stores do petite versions - such as Dorothy Perkins and so on.

To kinda put into perspective her bust is 34C, has very slim waist and curvy hips, so her main problem is finding clothes that pince in at the waist. Most of what she try's just hangs down straight, so just completely hides her shape.

I think attached is a good example of sort of thing that suits her;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Banana-White-Corset-Stretchy/dp/B00KTADIKK/ref=sr_1_7?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1434917941&sr=1-7&keywords=blue+banana

Blue Banana range is very good, but not much choice in size 8. She's a bit unsure re ordering online, despite me encouraging her, I say they can be sent back if does not fit. Going out shopping can end up being fairly frustrating for all concerned ;)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASOS wiggle dresses. I'm an houglass and they are cut for my shape. They do a petite range I believe
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,363
    Forum Member
    Honestly I think if the waist is a problem she should look at getting her clothes tailored. I sometimes do this and it makes all the difference.

Also, this is kind of a side issue, but something in your posts jumped out for me, so a bit a bit of advice for her - if she is a petite size 8 with a small waist there is no way her correct bra band size is a 34, that is too large for her size. High street stores are notorious for fitting bras incorrectly, especially the actual band size - get her measure herself following these instructions:

http://thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/bra-fitting.html?m=1

She may find wearing the correct sized bra ensures her clothing fits far better, too.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she considered latex? It should be quite good at accommodating curves.
  • denzldenzl Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Has she considered latex? It should be quite good at accommodating curves.

Not sure that latex is the most appropriate for work on a hot summers day. If she's a curvy hourglass shape then the 50's style girdle may be worth considering, as shapewear can make all the difference to the fitting of figure hugging clothes.