Options

9200tT suddenly showing no or bad signal

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
Hi...You were a great help last time I had a problem,so before I rush out and spend money on a new one perhaps you can help again.
Yesterday I left the house at 1830 and all was working 100%. Came home at 2030 and it wasnt! It should have been recording 2 programmes and in fact did for 14 mins of each when they both stopped,and I had "no or bad signal" displaying on all channels. I checked all connections at the back,especially the aerial ,no joy...tried the switch off totally and again no joy. So I tried the factory reset...and lost even the basic channels (ie heading etc). Every search comes up with no channels found.
So decided it must be the aerial,poss blown down in strong winds,as also no picture on tv when pvr switched off,but then had brainwave of trying aerial on my portable and that is fine. So suggest to me that it is an aerial problem in the pvr itself?
To my untechnical mind that suggests its useless or an expensive repair job....am I right?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    My 9200 is exactly the same. My 9150 was until today as an over the air update came last night and it is sorted I think.
    The 9200 OTA update is due soon so dont throw it in the bin yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Do you happen to be in the Granada Region as my 9200 only kicked off after the November switchover, ?
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sassy cat wrote: »
    also no picture on tv when pvr switched off
    Thanks

If your aerial lead loops through the Hummy and then to your TV then you won't get any signal to the TV when the Hummy is switched off with the mains switch.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sassy cat wrote: »
    Yesterday I left the house at 1830 and all was working 100%. Came home at 2030 and it wasnt! It should have been recording 2 programmes and in fact did for 14 mins of each when they both stopped,and I had "no or bad signal" displaying on all channels.

Is it working again? My first thought would be is it a transmitter fault. If it isn't working then was there any sign of moisture when you removed the aerial cable? If water has leaked into the cable in the bad weather it can get into the tuners and damage them.