Options

Manual search after OTA update question?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
My 9150 had it's update last night and said "Default setting recommended."
As I am on Winter Hill, I stopped at the Automatic search and did a Manual search for the appropriate channels (to avoid getting 800 channels.)
When I saved and finished the machine said "Full channel search should be performed due to network change."
So I did another default setting and this time let it do a full Automatic search for the channels and got off to work.
When I got home I turned it on and it said channel scrambled then I got a message saying to do a Full channel search again with "Now" or "Later" options. I also had BBC2 Wales instead of BBC2 because I had done a default setting with full Automatic search earlier as the machine had said!
My question is do I still have to do a Manual search for the appropriate channels for Winter Hill, and avoid channels in the 800 range, or can I let it do an Automatic search of all channels now I have had the software update? I am confused because between BBC2 going in November and the final Switchover in early December I thought there were no changes. Also what exactly is the "Network change" mentioned?
Many thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to do the manual search, after deleting ALL TV & Radio channels first, only on the 5 muxes at Winter Hill, exclude MuxB or you will get dups in 800s.

Some people are reporting the pop-up with Network changes, others are not, every time being brought out of standby. Ignore this, cancel it, there are no changes to scan for at this time.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Les I will do that. I suppose the answer was obvious really because if I don't Manual scan I get BBC2 Wales! It was the Network change message that confused me.
    Just to be certain, I do the Default setting but press STOP at the point at which it starts to do the Automatic scan. Then Manual scan the appropriate channels, is that correct?
    Thanks again Les.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sephtons wrote: »
    Thanks Les I will do that. I suppose the answer was obvious really because if I don't Manual scan I get BBC2 Wales! It was the Network change message that confused me.
    Just to be certain, I do the Default setting but press STOP at the point at which it starts to do the Automatic scan. Then Manual scan the appropriate channels, is that correct?
    Thanks again Les.
    You don't have to do the default settings again, having done it once after the update, but you can do it if you want, and as you say, stop the Auto Search.

More normally, as I said, you would just delete ALL TV & Radio Channels, and it will then take you to the Search page.

Make sure, on Winter Hill, you only manually search on 5 of the 6 muxes, ignoring MuxB.

If you keep getting the retune popup, ignore it, until we understand more fully what is causing it.

Rgds.

Les.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Les, I will make sure I leave out CH67 (MUXB). :)