Options

Corrie's Bill Roache - 'I've slept with 1000 women'

Comments

• Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Was there rumours of him nd Elsie Tanner I realise I wasn't born when she was there but I'd never heard anything of it. It was an interesting nickname he had would love to be known as a bug that never dies I don't think the cast really liked him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Piers Morgan interview wunnit?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's almost an illness needing sex that often. I don't think there are that many men who would want to do it that often with that many different women (But I'm a mere woman, what do I know?). There was a link to another page about Russell Brand having 3 different women every day and Gene Simmons from Kiss claims to have slept with 5000 women. Surprising their bits haven't dropped off by now.:eek:

I think it's either he had a VERY high sex drive or he was a sex addict. Maybe the same thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guardian
    Marina Hyde/Thursday 15 March 2012 20.00 GMT
    Corrie's unstoppable sex machine: Bill Roache joins the squares who wish they were rebels

Bill Roache – Coronation Street's Ken Barlow – admits sleeping with 1,000 women. Couldn't he have kept the news to himself?

[...]

"I didn't have any control over my own sex drive," says the Nikki Sixx of the cobbles.

:eek:

James Brown wasn't thinking of ...Ken...shurely?
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It must be good for hair growth !
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was, has he got a book coming out!
    His reputation has just dropped more than the FST on a bad day. Why on earth did he feel the need to openly discuss this matter?
    For me though it was a laugh out loud moment to hear what they called him on set, c**k-roache:D
    He really is an idiot for disclosing this story, it will cost him the respect he had from thousands of viewers.
    Part of me too thinks that maybe someone spilled the beans and he maybe thought it would somehow be better coming from him than someone trying to get a few quid for a story in the media.
  • Options
    Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Didn't his wife die not very long ago? It seems incredibly tasteless that he's talking about all his other conquests like this. I'd have thought a man of his age would have more dignity.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't his wife die not very long ago? It seems incredibly tasteless that he's talking about all his other conquests like this. I'd have thought a man of his age would have more dignity.

She died in February 2009. He claims his philandering days were over when he met her. I should think so too. :D
  • Options
    Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    She died in February 2009.

Okay, that's not quite as bad. For some reason I thought her death was much more recent.

I still think it's tacky and unnecessary as hell for him to even mention it in the first place though. Why would anyone need to know?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is something rather distasteful about it.

OK, so even Reliable Bill Roache was young once :eek::D but I am surprised to see him parading this kind of information on national TV, with Piers Morgan of all people. What is the motivation to sully a respectable (if rather dull) reputation??

Had his wife still been alive I very much doubt he would have done this. In fact, I'm sure he wouldn't have.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    There is something rather distasteful about it.

OK, so even Reliable Bill Roache was young once :eek::D but I am surprised to see him parading this kind of information on national TV, with Piers Morgan of all people. What is the motivation to sully a respectable (if rather dull) reputation??

Had his wife still been alive I very much doubt he would have done this. In fact, I'm sure he wouldn't have.

He has a girlfriend almost half his age. He didn't show much respect for her by revealing all this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3420454/CORRIES-Ken-Barlow-aka-actor-Bill-Roache-hits-the-town-with-new-love-Emma-Jesson.html
  • Options
    SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think any of us could get to 1000 women/men if we paid for it - but who would be proud of that?

And who keeps count of how many prostitutes they've slept with?

VERY lame and pathetic. Epic fail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewk, TMI I think.

Gives a different insight into The Druids though doesn't it? Obviously worshipping nature in all it's forms.

I so wish you'd kept it to yourself though, Bill. It's made you sound even more of an arrogant prat than usual.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to ask this but was all this sleeping around done before during or after his marriages?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misread post.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it one at a time or all in one day because if it was the latter he should get some sort of award for finally being interesting.
  • Options
    dingdongwitchdingdongwitch Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Eeeew, I did a little sick in my mouth when I read about this :eek:
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Ew, I bet he totally made that up
    He's hardly George Clooney is he?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mind cannot imagine him working his way through 10 women, let alone 1000.

Or for that matter 1,000 women that desperate unless of course it was just Katie Price 1,000 times with an eye on future publicity.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he kept a count did he :rolleyes:

1000 women I just dont see it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me ageist, but its toe-curling for an elderly man to start talking about his former sex life.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly old ****.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,014
    Forum Member
    Notice he slepted rather than made luvre, in the Barry White sense.

He probably had a little nap between scenes and female actors happened to be in the same room.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Ew, I bet he totally made that up
    He's hardly George Clooney is he?

It does seem even a small amount of fame seems to attract the opposite sex in their droves. Look at how desperate a certain element are to sleep with the likes of Frankie Cocozza or any of the blokes from TOWIE.

I honestly think that if you put a pig on a reality tv show, someone would want to sh*g it