HDR-FOX-T2 crashing frequently

ArtificialIntelArtificialIntel Posts: 89
Forum Member
My trusty hdr-fox-t2 has been very reliable until recently. I installed the custom firmware about a year ago.

Now, all of a sudden, the box has started rebooting quite frequently - can be several times a day - so far today it has been on for 2 hours and crashed twice.

The web interface has crash notifications warning me that some packages may have been disabled and to look at the crash log. Nothing in this log except for the crash time and date. I've looked at every log I think may be relevant. The HD diagnostics don't show errors. Any thoughts or is this box on the way to the great freeview land in the sky?

Thanks in advance.

John

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    af123 wrote:
    Crashes are usually caused by something else on your network sending packets that the Humax doesn't like, disk corruption or corruption of a single recording. The best first step is just to unplug your Humax's network cable and see if that resolves it. If not, reboot the Humax to diagnostics mode and run a disk check. If it is a particular recording that's causing it then getting access to the command line via telnet and watching the DLNA indexing activity in /tmp/humaxtv.log is usually the best way of finding it.
    Link: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-t2-crashing.4924/
  • ArtificialIntelArtificialIntel Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've just added a WD MyCloud to the network and it is running Twonky v7.

My previous WD NAS was running Twonky v5. I should have remembered about the clash.

Thanks for the speedy help.

John
  • ArtificialIntelArtificialIntel Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    That seems to be the problem. No crashing since turning off media sharing.

Thanks again

John