Options

Where can i buy Grenadine?

SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The only place i have seen this, is when i've been to Spain in the shops, never seen it here and wonder if you can buy it.

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I live in a smallish town but have seen it in the drinks aisles in Tesco and ASDA.

They both have a little section at the end of the aisle with mixers, liqueur and the like. Grenadine, curacao, bitters etc.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesco and Asda sell it.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy it in my local Threshers. Although it is just red sugar water. Any red Syrup-type drink will do.
  • Options
    SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    I buy it in my local Threshers. Although it is just red sugar water. Any red Syrup-type drink will do.

I'm not sure this is true! The proper stuff (made from pomegranates) is truly lovely.

My children used to love the Tessiere brand ( whether made from pomegranates or not are sold in tall metal cans) and I know you can get this from Waitrose - although these are sold in the smaller versions over here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    lol I first thought you were after a grenade :eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turkish grocery shops, or anything similar, they sell a good variety of syrups and much cheaper. Polish shops definitely sell syrups in glass bottles, but rarely see grenedine. Indian shops sell rose petal flavoured syrup.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »

That's not true it contains red berries. It used to contain pomegranate.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    French click sells it.

https://www.frenchclick.co.uk/
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    You can make your own. Bring to the boil an equal volume of pomegranate juice and granulated sugar. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 mins until it has reduced to a syrup.
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not true it contains red berries. It used to contain pomegranate.

Let's look at the ingredients on the bottle shall we?

Sugar, water, lemon and red fruit juice from concentrates followed by a load of chemicals and artificial colours and flavours.

I know it should be made from pomegranate juice but it isn't.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It tastes of sugar syrup whatever fruit they currently, or previously, used to make it red. Not really worth arguing over.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish I could get the sirop de menthe that they use in France to make diabolo menthe with lemonade. Intensely green and full of E numbers, but hey. :cool:

There is an incredible range of sirops sold in France, I'm surprised that more aren't sold in the UK.