✭✭✭
Has anyone got any?

Comments

• Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one?

Darn, I was hoping to use them tonight - ah well, off to Google :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google "stuffed aubergine" Turkish recipies, it's very popular over there. I stuff mine with minced lamb or beef, mixed with a tin of tomatoes and any herbs/spices you like.

Also Moutabul/Baba Ganouj is a smooked aubergine meze dish. Sorry i don't have time to link them, but middle eastern cuisine is really good for aubergine.

One more, the Indian curry, usually seen as a side dish on our menus, but it's worthy of main; brinjal bhaji.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamb/aubergine curry is very nice.
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Google "stuffed aubergine" Turkish recipies, it's very popular over there. I stuff mine with minced lamb or beef, mixed with a tin of tomatoes and any herbs/spices you like.

Also Moutabul/Baba Ganouj is a smooked aubergine meze dish. Sorry i don't have time to link them, but middle eastern cuisine is really good for aubergine.

One more, the Indian curry, usually seen as a side dish on our menus, but it's worthy of main; brinjal bhaji.

ooh, stuffed with minced beef sounds good (I don't eat lamb, they're too cute - I know, I know, it sounds girly, but I can't help it)

Ta for everyone else's ideas, too
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Moussaka.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Thai Green Curry. Use the aubergine instead of meat.