The Glenda Mitchell/Glynis Barber Appreciation Thread

Comments

• TakeachancexTakeachancex Posts: 8,029
    Forum Member
    I loved Glenda and Roxy tonight. Was dissappointed that we didn't get more though.. thought there would have been more about the reveal but obviously not. :rolleyes: Nevermind. Felt bad for Glenda when she said why don't you just dump me like everyone else has.. or something like that. Although i'm sure she knew that she would be able to get round Roxy :p

She's not in tomorrow or Thursday's episodes, but she's in friday's and monday's.

Spoilers tonight too. :D
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like what they are doing with Roxy and Glenda. They could become quite the double act if written right.

I wondered if there was any hidden meaning to "being dumped by everyone else" but I'm guessing she was probably referring to Phil and Ian but the line did stand out.

I wonder what the revenge plan is going to be? I still think Glenda should of got it all out in the open and told Roxy everything while Roxy was mad or at least about knowing for a while but Phil had threatened her and she was scared of him. It would of been better to get all of Roxy's anger out now than get angry later on. So there's another reveal to add to the growing list Glenda is in the thick of.

I hope they don't axe Glenda after all the reveals? Surely with her working at the club and living with Roxy, there is more to do with her?

Yes we now have her on the 11th, 14th and if the script peek is to be believed on the 17th. We will know about the 15th and 18th later this week or either in the spoilers tonight.

According to www.tvtv.co.uk, she is in the week beginning 21st Feb but was quite far down the list so I am guessing towards the end of the week?

She must be due a holiday soon as I am certain she has been in every week since end of October now?
    Forum Member
    LaneKent wrote: »
    I like what they are doing with Roxy and Glenda. They could become quite the double act if written right.

Yeah i really like them together too. It's funny how well they work together actually, considering how reluctant Roxy was to accept her earlier on. I'm glad things seem to be changing.
    I wondered if there was any hidden meaning to "being dumped by everyone else" but I'm guessing she was probably referring to Phil and Ian but the line did stand out.

Yeah i did think she was mainly talking about Phil and Ian, but wouldn't be surprised if there was a deeper meaning. When Roxy paused and looked at Glenda after she said something about how she wanted to get Phil back for how he had treated them ('us') i really did think Roxy was going to put two and two together.... but then again this is Roxy :p

I wonder what the revenge plan is going to be? I still think Glenda should of got it all out in the open and told Roxy everything while Roxy was mad or at least about knowing for a while but Phil had threatened her and she was scared of him. It would of been better to get all of Roxy's anger out now than get angry later on. So there's another reveal to add to the growing list Glenda is in the thick of.

Exactly. She really should have just got it all out in the open - would have been easier for Roxy to forgive her after knowing EVERYTHING. I also wonder what their plan will be too..

I hope they don't axe Glenda after all the reveals? Surely with her working at the club and living with Roxy, there is more to do with her?

I sincerely hope they don't either - I'd be so upset if they did :( TBh though i don't see any reason why she would be axed - unless Glynis has a burning desire to leave, or they have a burning desire to get rid of her ? Judging by half the other characters on the square who seem to get by with a couple of lines every two months.. i think she's perfectly safe. :p Also with Ronnie leaving, you'd think they'd want to keep Glenda and build up the relationship between her and Roxy - otherwise who has Roxy got left ?

I do wonder how things are going to be though once the affairs are revealed.. no more Mitchell dinner parties any time soon !
    Yes we now have her on the 11th, 14th and if the script peek is to be believed on the 17th. We will know about the 15th and 18th later this week or either in the spoilers tonight.

According to www.tvtv.co.uk, she is in the week beginning 21st Feb but was quite far down the list so I am guessing towards the end of the week?

Yay :)
    Ronnie is leaving around May isn't she ? Does anyone know if that's May screentime or May filming ? If it's May screentime then Glenda is presumably going to be very busy this spring.. with Phil/shirley's wedding and this baby swap s/l.

She must be due a holiday soon as I am certain she has been in every week since end of October now?

I was literally just thinking this actually. Was just looking at the character appearance count on WW and she has been in a LOT of episodes considering she's not really classed as a 'main' character. Not that i'm complaining :) But she definitely will be having a break soon i reckon ?
    Forum Member
    Well.. it looks as if the reveal is going to be sooner than we thought..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/spoilers/a303089/phil-makes-a-discovery.html
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/spoilers/a303090/glendas-revelation-causes-shockwaves.html

Can't wait :D

Means that babyswap stuff is AFTER this which is good I think. It looks as if Glenda is going to be a lot more involved with Ronnie and Roxy
    Tuesday 1st March - Meanwhile, Roxy feels put out as Ronnie and Glenda spend the day together while she is working
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quicky post for now. Thanks for those spoilers.

Looks like Glenda is in 3 episodes next week (referred to in 14th & 18th and in a picture and script peek for the 17th). Features somewhere in week begining 21st Feb and from your info, w/b 28th Feb.

Now off to read those spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well.. it looks as if the reveal is going to be sooner than we thought..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/spoilers/a303089/phil-makes-a-discovery.html
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/spoilers/a303090/glendas-revelation-causes-shockwaves.html

Can't wait :D

Means that babyswap stuff is AFTER this which is good I think. It looks as if Glenda is going to be a lot more involved with Ronnie and Roxy

Wow thanks for those spoilers which I have now read. Looks like week beginning 28th Feb is going to be a Glenda heavy week. While not mentioned for the Monday, wouldn't be surprised if she is in all that week's as she features in spoilers for Tuesday, Thursday and the Friday.

Nice twist too that some of these other reveals come out a lot sooner than expected.
    Tuesday 1st March -
    Meanwhile, Roxy feels put out as Ronnie and Glenda spend the day together while she is working
    Now, I am wondering if this is when Glenda will accompany Ronnie to the graveyard? Interesting that Roxy is getting jealous

Thursday 3rd March
    sounds like Shirley isn't going to believe it. That would be cool and she marrys Phil anyway and then finds out the truth on the wedding night. Couldn't happen to a more deserving couple. I really hope Masood doesn't convince Roxy that Phil is innocent of stealing the money as the stolen money story now needs to be put to bed

Friday 4th March
    I am assuming Ian won't succed in convincing Glenda to leave? Afterall she has no where to go even if her daughters are not talking to her at this point. I asume she gave up her council flat when she moved into her current flat?
    Yeah i really like them together too. It's funny how well they work together actually, considering how reluctant Roxy was to accept her earlier on. I'm glad things seem to be changing.

On Walford Web someone was saying that they didn't think Glynis had any chemistry with her screen daughters. However I happen to think that her and Rita Simons have great screen chemistry. I didn't really understand after Ronnie giving Glenda a second chance that the next time we saw Glenda, she was with Roxy and they were very pally. Especially as Roxy had at best only tolerated her before then. I now realise (with hindsight ;) ) that they probably knew that Ronnie was going to be leaving at some point so wanted to pair Roxy up with Glenda. It has been very slow and subtle, but I think it is working.

I think Glenda is being a very good mother with Roxy offering her lots of common sense. I actually think they are quite sweet together especially as Roxy is very much her mother's daughter, without the brains and with more confidence.
    Yeah i did think she was mainly talking about Phil and Ian, but wouldn't be surprised if there was a deeper meaning.

The Glenda of 6 months ago definitely. However I never really know where the writers are coming from with Glenda these days. You will have the odd little scene such as telling Carol that she tried to kill herself, and then you think they have forgotten about Glenda's complexities, when you get the self-help book episode. The book even got the duff duff still LOLing about that.
    When Roxy paused and looked at Glenda after she said something about how she wanted to get Phil back for how he had treated them ('us') i really did think Roxy was going to put two and two together.... but then again this is Roxy :p

LOL yes. If it had been Ronnie, Ronnie would of got it out of Glenda straight aways or at the very least been very suspicious. But this is Roxy. I so hope Phil won't talk her around again. "Roxy What's my name", "Philip", "no my last name", "Mitchell" or however that conversation went. I was cringing. "How dumb is she?"
    Exactly. She really should have just got it all out in the open - would have been easier for Roxy to forgive her after knowing EVERYTHING. I also wonder what their plan will be too..

Without Ronnie's brains behind their scheme I dread to think. I think not telling Roxy everything there and then could come back to bite Glenda.
    I sincerely hope they don't either - I'd be so upset if they did :( TBh though i don't see any reason why she would be axed - unless Glynis has a burning desire to leave, or they have a burning desire to get rid of her ? Judging by half the other characters on the square who seem to get by with a couple of lines every two months.. i think she's perfectly safe. :p Also with Ronnie leaving, you'd think they'd want to keep Glenda and build up the relationship between her and Roxy - otherwise who has Roxy got left ?

That's my personal view too. Well I hope so anyway? To me they have been building up Roxy and Glenda as a pairing gradually for a while now - although it took the news of Sam Womack leaving for me to realise it. Who would Roxy have? I can only think of Christian. Okay other characters don't have anyone. However Roxy kind of needs someone else to bounce off of. She came in as a partnership with Ronnie and they have a love/hate relationship. There is a lot of scope for both Glenda and Roxy in that department too. However R&G or G&R doesn't have the same ring about as R&R ;)

Have you seen the spoiler pictures on the official webite for next week? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eastenders/2011/02/photo-spoilers-fueds-and-fumes.shtml

One of them has the following written
    Caught in the act
    A surprise vist from Glenda catches Michael and Roxy in a compromising position. Is there nobody in Walford that Mr Moon doesn't have his eye on? Judging by the looks passing between them, will Glenda be next?

I hope that is just a joke but I suppose there is some scope for Glenda and Roxy to be rivals in various aspects of their lives.
    I do wonder how things are going to be though once the affairs are revealed.. no more Mitchell dinner parties any time soon !

Tbh I don't see why the Mitchell family can't be fractured for a while. Many families are. One branch don''t speak to the other branch.

I have been watching online a lot of the Ronnie and Roxy early scenes, and it is quite interesting because it seems that there has never really been any love lost between R&R and Phil. So I think it is time to sever these families once and for all. Let the different factions not speak to each other. Besides it is clear from Ronnie and Roxy's first arrival episode that they hadn't had a lot to do with Peggy's branch in years as Peggy didn't even know who they were? She recognised that she knew them but that was it.
    Yay :)
    Ronnie is leaving around May isn't she ? Does anyone know if that's May screentime or May filming ? If it's May screentime then Glenda is presumably going to be very busy this spring.. with Phil/shirley's wedding and this baby swap s/l.

There does seem to be some confusion on when exactly Ronnie will be off screen and when she actually stops filming?
    I was literally just thinking this actually. Was just looking at the character appearance count on WW and she has been in a LOT of episodes considering she's not really classed as a 'main' character. Not that i'm complaining :) But she definitely will be having a break soon i reckon ?

Agreed. When I last looked on Monday she was in joint 5th place I think? Maybe even if she doesn't leave, she will not be in so many episodes later in the year? Christian and Syed were featured heavily as was Denise in the early part of last year but in the latter half they were not in so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    W/B 28th Feb, looks like Glenda is in every episode of the week. Here is a Glenda/Ronnie spoiler for the 28th courtesy of www.tvtv.co.uk
    Meanwhile, Glenda catches Ronnie skipping her counselling session,
    Forum Member
    W/B 28th Feb, looks like Glenda is in every episode of the week. Here is a Glenda/Ronnie spoiler for the 28th courtesy of www.tvtv.co.uk
    Meanwhile, Glenda catches Ronnie skipping her counselling session,

Thanks for this :)

Have heard some rumours about Glenda.. apparently it's in AAS - not at all happy about this if true: :(
    Apparently Glenda is the first to find out about the babyswap and tries to use it against Ronnie

:eek::( If this is true, not liking this one bit. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this :)

Have heard some rumours about Glenda.. apparently it's in AAS - not at all happy about this if true: :(
    Apparently Glenda is the first to find out about the babyswap and tries to use it against Ronnie

:eek::( If this is true, not liking this one bit. :(

Don't panic it may not be what it seems or if it is, it is to protect herself against Ronnie.

Week beginning 7th March
    Ronnie panics that Glenda knows her secret so teams up with Phil to try and get Glenda out of the Square. Just like she has tried to get rid of Michael. Glenda must quickly find out because she accuses Ronnie of stabbing her in the back in the following episode.

So it looks to me until I see more evidence that Glenda acts out in either upset or in order to protect herself. If
    Ronnie is plotting with Phil to get rid of her, then she is going to have to do something to protect herself and surely it is better for Ronnie in the long run if Glenda stays around. So in the short term she might have to turn against Ronnie in order to protect her in the long game as we know she loves her daughters really.

Glenda's next episodes are
    22nd Feb, 28th Feb, 1st March, 3rd March, 4th March, 7th March and 8th March.

On 4th March BBC1 are re-showing Glynis Barber's "New Tricks" episode. I am going to try and remember it is on to see what her acting is like in that.
    Forum Member
    Wow thanks for those spoilers which I have now read. Looks like week beginning 28th Feb is going to be a Glenda heavy week. While not mentioned for the Monday, wouldn't be surprised if she is in all that week's as she features in spoilers for Tuesday, Thursday and the Friday.

No problem - well tonight we get spoilers for that week right.. so will be staying up tonight to read them - will be a very heavy Glenda week that week indeed.

Thursday 3rd March
    sounds like Shirley isn't going to believe it. That would be cool and she marrys Phil anyway and then finds out the truth on the wedding night. Couldn't happen to a more deserving couple. I really hope Masood doesn't convince Roxy that Phil is innocent of stealing the money as the stolen money story now needs to be put to bed
    I get the feeling Shirley won't believe Glenda in front of her if that makes sense - she hates Glenda, and i'm guessing this will all be revealed somewhere pretty public ? Or even so if not, i still think Shirley will not want to give her the satisfaction of being right and will accuse her of being a lying jealous cow. Then she'll rage at Phil when Glenda's not around.

To be honest i always get the impression Shirley suspects something anyway - but obviously there's no way you would actively think it was true, but then when it's revealed i think she'll put two and two together and realise it does make sense - all the looks on Phil's face whenever Glenda is mentioned, the time after new years when she kissed him on the cheek and Shirley saw...
    On Walford Web someone was saying that they didn't think Glynis had any chemistry with her screen daughters. However I happen to think that her and Rita Simons have great screen chemistry. I didn't really understand after Ronnie giving Glenda a second chance that the next time we saw Glenda, she was with Roxy and they were very pally. Especially as Roxy had at best only tolerated her before then. I now realise (with hindsight ;) ) that they probably knew that Ronnie was going to be leaving at some point so wanted to pair Roxy up with Glenda. It has been very slow and subtle, but I think it is working.

:eek: Really ? No chemistry with her daughters ? I'm actually very shocked by that. I think the complete opposite to what those people are saying - i think she has very very good chemistry with Ronnie and Roxy. I love it when those three have scenes together.. you can tell they must genuinely get along in real life also.

That's very true about pairing up Roxy and Glenda now that Ronnie is leaving - the focus was definitely on Ronnie and Glenda at first but that has definitely changed now.. really enjoying Roxy and Glenda scenes recently. I think Glynis is very natural when she's working with Sam and Rita.
    I think Glenda is being a very good mother with Roxy offering her lots of common sense. I actually think they are quite sweet together especially as Roxy is very much her mother's daughter, without the brains and with more confidence.

Agree with this. She is almost acting like the 'voice of reason' with Roxy, especially with the whole 'Chryed' baby thing. She's the one blurting out all the comments about how she just wishes he was straight.. basically saying the truth and Roxy knows it. I think Roxy definitely needs someone like Glenda who will tell it like it is to make her see sense.
    The Glenda of 6 months ago definitely. However I never really know where the writers are coming from with Glenda these days. You will have the odd little scene such as telling Carol that she tried to kill herself, and then you think they have forgotten about Glenda's complexities, when you get the self-help book episode. The book even got the duff duff still LOLing about that.

Yeah things do seem to be a bit inconsistent with her - it's hard to tell whether this is on purpose or not. One minute we do get, like you say, Glenda revealing her vulnerable side to people, then her just being in the background and providing a bit of comedy. I know she can't be in the spotlight all the time, but i really am hoping they do explore her a bit more and don't just go back to having her aimlessly wondering round the square drinking wine in the vic.
    LOL yes. If it had been Ronnie, Ronnie would of got it out of Glenda straight aways or at the very least been very suspicious. But this is Roxy. I so hope Phil won't talk her around again. "Roxy What's my name", "Philip", "no my last name", "Mitchell" or however that conversation went. I was cringing. "How dumb is she?"

Ronnie definitely would have. :D The minute her and Jack got back from their honeymoon she just knew something wasn't right about Phil suddenly being so rich and Roxy suddenly losing everything... haha yes that conversation did make me laugh - not the brightest button is Roxy, is she ?! :p So glad she does finally know now.. i'll never get over how quickly and bluntly Glenda revealed it to her haha (probably because i genuinely wasn't expecting that). Will be interesting to see what happens now - am looking forward to Phil returning and Roxy/Glenda getting (or at least trying to get) their own back.
    Without Ronnie's brains behind their scheme I dread to think. I think not telling Roxy everything there and then could come back to bite Glenda.

I have a funny feeling about this too. Glenda will just have to try and lie through her teeth in order to save her relationship with Roxy - as we have said, turn it round and make it look as if Phil was forceful with her. I do think however that with Ronnie leaving Roxy will depend on her mother a lot more.. so if she is successful in helping her get her money back from Phil, or at least in getting some 'revenge', then the affair with Phil may just pale in signifance when compared to the rest of the stuff that she'll have going on in her life by the time of the reveal.. if that makes sense...... oh who am i kidding ?! :o

That's my personal view too. Well I hope so anyway? To me they have been building up Roxy and Glenda as a pairing gradually for a while now - although it took the news of Sam Womack leaving for me to realise it. Who would Roxy have? I can only think of Christian. Okay other characters don't have anyone. However Roxy kind of needs someone else to bounce off of. She came in as a partnership with Ronnie and they have a love/hate relationship. There is a lot of scope for both Glenda and Roxy in that department too. However R&G or G&R doesn't have the same ring about as R&R ;)

Definitely. Roxy does need other people to interact with.. i do like her and Christian together, but she can't just constantly act as a tag along for Christian and Syed - i can see her and Jack perhaps supporting each other.. but absolutely detest the thought of the writers sparking up a relationship between the two :mad: - i wouldn't mind like a sort of brotherly/sisterly support relationship (as in NON-ROMANTIC), especially as they have Amy ofc they are going to have scenes together (when the writers actually remember that Amy exists!).. but i do agree that she needs others to interact with - and who better than her own mother ? There's a lot they could do with these two.. and it would be nice to explore their dynamics, especially as it has come across that they were perhaps never particularly close before (ronnie= mummy's girl, roxy= daddy's girl). So Roxy/Glenda is very interesting, and i think it would be a complete and utter waste if they were to just screw this up.

I hope that is just a joke but I suppose there is some scope for Glenda and Roxy to be rivals in various aspects of their lives.

A part of me can see this happening unfortunately.. but it would just be so boring and predictable. I think with everything that's gone on, it would just be nice if we could see Glenda being there for Roxy - we've already seen her almost take her money with Danny last year, and now she's basically betrayed Roxy with Phil stealing her money.. but now she's revealed it and is helping her get it back, it would be nice if there were no more secrets/betrayals.. at least not for the mean time anyway.
    Tbh I don't see why the Mitchell family can't be fractured for a while. Many families are. One branch don''t speak to the other branch.

Agree with this as well. I always forget that 99.9% of the entire square seem to all be related anyway.. isn't Ian Bianca's uncle or something stupid like that ? And we all know how often that gets referenced.. ! -.- So yes, definitely a split in the Mitchell's i think - Phil/Shirley/Ben/Jay.... and then Glenda/Roxy/Ronnie.. after the big reveals there is no way that things can remain civilised between them.. so i think it's best for two separate branches.
    I have been watching online a lot of the Ronnie and Roxy early scenes, and it is quite interesting because it seems that there has never really been any love lost between R&R and Phil. So I think it is time to sever these families once and for all. Let the different factions not speak to each other. Besides it is clear from Ronnie and Roxy's first arrival episode that they hadn't had a lot to do with Peggy's branch in years as Peggy didn't even know who they were? She recognised that she knew them but that was it.

Again, very true. Phil has generally never seemed at all bothered about Roxy and Ronnie - to him i think they are just 'there'.. good for if he needs a favour or whatever, but generally he wouldn't go out of his way to save their skin, unless there was some way it would benefit him. Agreed about Peggy also, which is why she seriously irritated me last summer with the whole Peggy .vs. Glenda in trying to win Roxy and ROnnie's attention - Peggy had 3? years solid where she had the chance to be there for the girls, and ok yes she gave them a home.. it was more because she needed the help running the pub and wanted the company i reckon. Don't get me wrong i'm sure she did feel like a motherly figure to the girls, but there have been times where she has COMPLETELY betrayed them, especially Ronnie, which is why i don't see how she is much better than Glenda after all ? Yes Glenda abandoned her girls which is completely wrong, and i'm not in the slightest condoning it, but she was facing her own problems too from what we can gather - still think this needs to be further explored.
    There does seem to be some confusion on when exactly Ronnie will be off screen and when she actually stops filming?

Yeah - people keep saying May.. i hope not as that must mean Sam is almost finished filming. But with details of the baby swap starting to be revealed to people and others getting suspicious it seems like it is the start of the reveal coming up soon.. so i guess it depends on whether we get the reveal with Ronnie leaving immediately, or whether we get a few weeks of seeing the aftermath, with her having a COMPLETE breakdown this time, and THEN leaving/being sectioned.

Agreed. When I last looked on Monday she was in joint 5th place I think? Maybe even if she doesn't leave, she will not be in so many episodes later in the year? Christian and Syed were featured heavily as was Denise in the early part of last year but in the latter half they were not in so much.

Yeah she has been in a lot of episodes this year so far which i'm very pleased about. I hope this is not the case that she will 'dissappear' for a while, but it is obviously inevitable. Glynis must be due a break soon so i reckon we won't see her for ages after the two reveals :(
    Forum Member
    Don't panic it may not be what it seems or if it is, it is to protect herself against Ronnie.

Week beginning 7th March
    Ronnie panics that Glenda knows her secret so teams up with Phil to try and get Glenda out of the Square. Just like she has tried to get rid of Michael. Glenda must quickly find out because she accuses Ronnie of stabbing her in the back in the following episode.

So it looks to me until I see more evidence that Glenda acts out in either upset or in order to protect herself. If
    Ronnie is plotting with Phil to get rid of her, then she is going to have to do something to protect herself and surely it is better for Ronnie in the long run if Glenda stays around. So in the short term she might have to turn against Ronnie in order to protect her in the long game as we know she loves her daughters really.

Ahhh, thank you very much for being the voice of reason. :D This does make a lot of sense actually -
    especially the bit you say about Glenda needing to protect herself; you're right - she is going to need to do something if Ronnie is trying to get rid of her, especially if she is working alongside Phil of all people to do so. But in the long run, why would she want to blackmail Ronnie ? She has no reason to blackmail Ronnie for a long period of time (besides from money if that's what she wants, but i genuinely think that's not something she would do) - she wants to get back with her daughters and stay in their good books, she can't risk doing something so evil especially when she's just revealed about Phil's money - plus like you say i do think she genuinely loves her girls - for her to do this would be completely and utterly SICK.
    Glenda's next episodes are
    22nd Feb, 28th Feb, 1st March, 3rd March, 4th March, 7th March and 8th March.

Thank you. So no Glenda tonight :( Only tomorrow then not for the rest of the week which is a shame - but at least she's in it all next week. Looking forward to seeing the detailed spoilers tonight.
    On 4th March BBC1 are re-showing Glynis Barber's "New Tricks" episode. I am going to try and remember it is on to see what her acting is like in that.

Oh wow, and thank you for this too. I will be tuning in too.

EDIT:

Just found this:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/177706/EastEnders-A-Roxy-horror-show/
    Seems as though Phil turns it round on Glenda and accuses her of stealing the money - aaaarrrghhh !!!
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I hope she stays a lot longer than Chrissie!
    Forum Member
    Detailed spoilers for next week - lots of Glenda:

Monday 28th:
    ...Meanwhile, Glenda offers to accompany Ronnie to her counselling session, but Ronnie insists that she wants to go alone. When Ronnie leaves but forgets her purse, Glenda chases after her but is surprised to see her walk straight past the tube station. As Ronnie sits in the park, Glenda heads over to confront her about missing her appointment. However, Ronnie lies that she plans to attend the next day.

Tuesday 1st:
    Meanwhile, Glenda tells Roxy that she has a plan to get her money back from Phil. Later, Ronnie informs Glenda that she's not attending her counselling appointment today because James has a cold. As the day continues, Ronnie heads to church and lights a candle - while a curious Glenda watches on. Glenda confronts Ronnie about what she's doing and Ronnie almost cracks, however she stops herself from revealing her guilty secret just in time.

Thursday 3rd:
    Phil arrives back on the Square following his visit to see Grant, but he's unimpressed about Heather living in his house. At the same time, Glenda starts plotting against Phil, telling Roxy that they should sell his secret stash of champagne from the R&R and pocket the cash. However, when Phil catches them moving the boxes, it's on to plan B. Glenda and Roxy decide to break into Phil's house to steal money from his safe - using a spare set of keys that Glenda has. However, as they start to take the cash, Phil walks in and catches them red-handed. Phil wastes little time before threatening the pair, but Roxy explains that she knows he stole her money. Phil protests his innocence, however, claiming that Glenda is the true thief.

Roxy then searches Glenda's bedroom and discovers that she has a wad of cash hidden in her wardrobe. Glenda says that she doesn't know how the money got there, but Roxy doesn't believe her and heads over to apologise to Phil. Phil soon meets Masood outside The Vic, thanking him as he has helped to set Glenda up. He gives Masood an envelope of cash as a reward for his assistance. Later, in The Vic, Glenda continues to protest her innocence over the money. Getting desperate, she announces in front of everyone that she has been sleeping with Phil behind Shirley's back. What will Shirley say?

Friday 4th:
    Glenda approaches her flat but is shocked when Roxy suddenly throws a suitcase out of the door and orders her to leave. Glenda tries to defend herself but Roxy isn't interested and slams the door, leaving Glenda sitting alone on the Square. When Roxy sees Ronnie later, the two sisters express their belief that Glenda has been trying to set them against each other. Both agree that Glenda has had her last chance and that they should have nothing more to do with her. Later in the day, Glenda threatens Ronnie - vowing that she will tell Jack about her missed counselling sessions unless she lets her stay. A reluctant Ronnie is then forced to let Glenda into her home.

Meanwhile, Phil instructs Ian to get Glenda to leave the Square and gives him some cash to help make this happen. Ben witnesses the transaction but is unsure of what's going on. Ian is just as keen as Phil to see the back of Glenda as he's worried that she could reveal the truth about their affair. After browsing some travel sites and making a booking, Ian gives Glenda a ticket to Paris and she laughs at him - spotting his motivation a mile off. Unsure of what Glenda will do next, Ian nervously heads off - well aware that Glenda could still expose his guilty secret.

Elsewhere, Ben is becoming more and more suspicious about what's going on with his dad. Cracking under the pressure of his questioning, Heather tells him what Glenda said in the pub earlier about her affair with Phil. Ben is horrified and heads over to Ian's house to see if it's true. At first, Ian covers for Phil by insisting that Glenda is lying - but he eventually tells the truth, leaving the youngster devastated

Poor Glenda :( Hope it all turns out ok for her in the end....

Judging by thursday's spoilers - you were right about
    how Glenda is just 'blackmailing' Ronnie in the short term to protect herself from them abandoning her. I doubt very much she would do this if/when she is the first to find out about baby swap.. AAS must have just been refering to the counselling and not the baby swap.

Actually really really starting to hate Phil as well. :mad:
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Glendas storylines were changed to assist Sam W Exit?

Im wondering if Roxy finds out that Glenda DIDNT steal the money otherwise when Ronnies gone wheres Glendas family anchor?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like Glenda actually has the biggest story arc of the year so far. They must really love writing for her. She's become such a central character in such a short space of time. A bit like Chrissie in that respect. And just as camp!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the spoilers. I really can't see where Glenda's story is going right now, which makes it all the more compelling viewing. Whitney/Janine and the outcome to the Glenda reveals are the best bits in EE for me at the moment.

I just hope this isn't Glenda's exit story however surely we would of heard if Glynis was leaving and what would of been the point of building up Roxy and Glenda these past few months?

This stolen money story is getting on my nerves now. How many people actually know it was Phirley who stole it?
    Heather,
    Billy,
    now Masood,
    possibly Jay?
    Possibly Ben?

Here's hoping that Ben's anger at his Dad and his like of Roxy will outweigh his hatred of Glenda and Ben will be the one who tells Roxy the truth about the money? I just hope they don't drag it out because how can Glenda go on living in the Square with both her daughters hating her?

Hopefully we should get spoilers for the 7th & 8th March any time now from www.tvtv.co.uk and other TV listing sites as we know from Week 10 Press Office spoilers she features heavily in those two episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7th March 2011
    www.tvtv.co.uk
    Ronnie's paranoia reaches new heights as she tries to stop Glenda learning the truth about James. Meanwhile, Phil gives Shirley an engagement ring, but the gift does little to reassure his sceptical fiancee that he can be trusted, and Ian surprises Jane with a touching gesture

Slightly different take on the BBC Press Office
    Ronnie is worried that Glenda knows her secret. As a consequence, Phil and Ronnie try to think of a way to get Glenda to leave the Square.

Elsewhere, Ian asks Jane to renew their wedding vows.

8th March 2011
    www.tvtv.co.uk
    Phil tries to convince Shirley that the affair meant nothing and fights to keep his relationship on track, while Glenda realises she is no longer welcome in Walford and takes one last chance to blackmail Ian. Meanwhile, Ronnie admits to Jack that she has been skipping her counselling sessions.

This is quite different from the BBC Press Office
    Glenda blackmails Ian, which forces him to make a difficult decision.

Glenda also accuses Ronnie of stabbing her in the back.

Meanwhile, Shirley has a big decision to make.
    Forum Member
    Jarkdeluxe I agree - she has been involved in a lot recently. Just hoping she continues to be used well in storylines and doesn't just dissappear again.

Thanks so much for the spoilers LaneKent -
    I am sure she cannot leave as like you said we would have definitely heard something by now - I reckon roxy will definitely find out it was phil who stole the money - he has to !

Wow they are definitely building up the roxy/glenda relationship aren't they ?! So many scenes together :D
    Forum Member
    OMG Glynis has left :(

I can't believe how genuinely gutted I am about this.

I find it so strange how low profile this has all been though ? I mean I know Glenda isn't like a key central character.. but she has been in the show for over a year now and is linked to one of the most iconic families in the show - you would think there would be most speculation around this.

I am hoping she does return in the future. Such a shame. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    OMG Glynis has left :(

I can't believe how genuinely gutted I am about this.

I find it so strange how low profile this has all been though ? I mean I know Glenda isn't like a key central character.. but she has been in the show for over a year now and is linked to one of the most iconic families in the show - you would think there would be most speculation around this.

I am hoping she does return in the future. Such a shame. :(
    I hope she returns to, Who is Roxy going to play with now, what she going to do, walk around talking to Amy?
    Forum Member
    PoppyLou wrote: »
    I hope she returns to, Who is Roxy going to play with now, what she going to do, walk around talking to Amy?

Exactly !!!! LOL, well i'm sure she'll talk to Amy when she remembers that she actually exists :p

Such a shame - especially considering how far her character has come along in the past 6 months or so. Still so many questions and no answers - was dying to see Glenda play a role in finding out about Ronnie's babyswap.. obviously this isn't going to happen anymore. :rolleyes: Such a waste :(

I don't want to raise false hope but her website does say:
    But will she be back in the future to wreak more havoc?

Well "she ain't dead" so anything is possible... watch this space!
    which kind of hints at a future return - i think they would be stupid not to bring her back (unless Glynis didn't want to return).

:(:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted about her leaving too :(
    Glenda has so much potential, and so many hidden layers we have not seen yet. I still feel like we're just getting to know her :(
    Hopefully she'll return one day, maybe with Ronnie, I hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted about her leaving too :(
    Glenda has so much potential, and so many hidden layers we have not seen yet. I still feel like we're just getting to know her :(
    Hopefully she'll return one day, maybe with Ronnie, I hope.

Precisely.

This is a great shame but I can't say I am surprised with the upcoming spoilers and I am guessing the 8th March will be her last episode? In fact I have been wondering about it for a few weeks and every new spoiler pointed in that direction.

What I am surprised about is why was this information embargoed or will she be back later on to do with the baby swap? Afterall she says herself that the character doesn't die. It just doesn't make sense. Unless she is taking a break.

I notice no official statement yet. All we have is from her? Why not know before now. It is just not making any sense?

However if she leaves on bad terms, then what reason is there to ever come back?

I don't actually get the point of the last 6 months at all. She should of left after the reveal. What was the point of being given a second chance? What was the point of building up her and Roxy only to shatter it with no resolve?

She has been in at least one episode every week since the end of October!

I bought Inside Soap for the first time this week since the early 90s and there was lots about Glenda and absolutely not hint of her leaving. It even said she believed that Glenda would support Ronnie no matter what?!

What was the point of those affairs? Okay I can see the point of Ian because it will probably play some part in Laurie Brett going on maternity leave. However the Phil and Shirley one is not going to accomplish anything long term? I am sure they could of thought of other things to mess up their path to the altar?

So looks like Phil will get away with stealing Roxy's money and Glenda will get all the blame? I do hate injustices. No one will ever know the truth. That is awful. Unless Ronnie ends up going to live with her mother?

I started watching EE again last year after 24 years and one of the things that drew me in was the fabulous cast. However just way too many are going and they are replacing them with the likes of Micahel and Julie and silly plots.

I have really enjoyed the last 12 months and getting into EE but when Ricky goes and especially if he takes the kids, I think I may well be going too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, she is in at least the next 6 episodes, possibly more. However at the moment there are only Glenda spoilers up to the 8th March.

Here's a couple of new spoilers

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/gameon/view/178706/Eastenders-Cheat-Glenda-s-hairy-moment/
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a306058/shirleys-fury-oaks-danger-cains-revenge.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't want to raise false hope but her website does say:

which kind of hints at a future return - i think they would be stupid not to bring her back (unless Glynis didn't want to return).

:(:cry:

I don't want to get hopes up but I was looking around Glynis's whole website earlier and at the very bottom of the biography page (http://www.glynisbarber.com/biography.html) is written
    Glynis has just finished playing Glenda Mitchell in EastEnders… or has she?

compare this with the statement on her home page at www.glynisbarber.com, which started the whole discussion off that she had left everywhere
    2010 was a busy and exciting year for me playing Glenda Mitchell in EastEnders.

After Glenda manages to alienate practically everyone on Albert Square, she makes her exit in March 2011.

But will she be back in the future to wreak more havoc?

Well "she ain't dead" so anything is possible... watch this space!

Now perhaps she is just teasing her fans or she wasn't supposed to say she was leaving? However I am wondering if in actual fact the embargoed info might be how she comes back, not the actual fact she is leaving? Which is why her leaving hasn't been made a big deal of. Or at the very least they are considering bringing her back?

Perhaps there is going to be a surprise twist a few months down the road?

I mean she is at the centre of three separate stories this week. In some ways they are linked together and in others they are not.
    getting close to Ronnie's secret, being framed for stealing Roxy's money and the fallout from the affairs

I think it could be quite significant that she gets involved with Ronnie's story this week. Now I know it could be said
    they needed an excuse for Ronnie to want her gone. However with Roxy turning on her and the affairs all coming out,

There was enough reason for her to leave anyway without Ronnie in the mix. So perhaps Glenda will go away and work it out and perhaps come back to tie in with Ronnie's exit?

We will have to see how the next two weeks unfold and how things are left off.

Unless Glynis wants to leave, the whole thing seems odd to me, it seems the character is going just as her story and character was taking some shape.