New Titles Offically leak

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
Forum Member
✭✭
I have seen the new OFFICAL titles I think anyway. I'm not gnna post a link but if u wish to see them there on YouTube if u want the link pm me and I will send u it

Comments

• PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Hayden1992 wrote: »
    I have seen the new OFFICAL titles I think anyway. I'm not gnna post a link but if u wish to see them there on YouTube if u want the link pm me and I will send u it

No point using the PM system - it's against the rules to PM for links to copyrighted material, but it's not against the rules to suggest people turn to Google ;-)

Google "doctor who series 8 leaked official title sequence"

Right now it's the first YouTube video that appears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you I just didn't want to post it for people to be spoiled but enjoy people. I personally love them I know a fan made some very similar ones but looks like the BBC have gone with it.
    Pobatti wrote: »
    No point using the PM system - it's against the rules to PM for links to copyrighted material, but it's not against the rules to suggest people turn to Google ;-)

Google "doctor who series 8 leaked official title sequence"

Right now it's the first YouTube video that appears.
    Forum Member
    Hayden1992 wrote: »
    Thank you I just didn't want to post it for people to be spoiled but enjoy people. I personally love them I know a fan made some very similar ones but looks like the BBC have gone with it.

If people want to go that extra mile and track down the sequence, it's up to them. By not providing a link or requesting or offering PM's for a link, you make it that bit harder for people to blame you for their own lack of self control.

I think that some people may prefer to wait to be honest, while the video does give you a good idea of what the titles are like, the quality is bad, the perspective is kind of side-on, and it's difficult to hear the theme properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid I had a look at it...and I personally really don't like either the graphics or (what can be heard of) the theme.

Although I'm not sure if I can state my reasons without breaching the guidelines.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the original fan made version, not an official leak.

It's been on youtube for months and months.

The official titles are based on those, but aren't actually those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

A bootleg recording of the new titles are on YouTube under 'Series 8 Titles Leaked' or something similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:

Not a fan of the way the Tardis looks, a bit too cartoonish.

I preferred 9 and 10s rougher looking Tardis than the striking blue.
    Forum Member

If you do the Google search I posted earlier, the bootleg official title sequence should appear right at the top of the YouTube results. It's pretty much the same as the YouTube fan version but there are lots of changes.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I just saw it. I'm not sure if it was the graphics or not, but it definitely wasn't very strong. What happened to the vortex and space? That was by far an icon of Doctor Who.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they planning on mixing up the design every couple of years now? Did DW used to change this quickly in Classic Who?
    Forum Member
    OK, Google's playing up and the video's not showing up in the searches for me any more, but the video's still up on YouTube since I can still revisit it from my history.

You need to search YouTube for a user called DarkWhovianRises
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Are they planning on mixing up the design every couple of years now? Did DW used to change this quickly in Classic Who?

It used to be one per Doctor apart from the two Third Doctor ones.

I think they are changing it by season now.
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    It used to be one per Doctor apart from the two Third Doctor ones.

I think they are changing it by season now.

The starfield opening was used from the last Tom Baker series right through to Colin Baker's last series; they did tweak it slightly here and there but it was basically the same sequence used throughout.
  • HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    They look ok enough, I think the second time the TARDIS appears though (before episode name and writer) was not needed, it just sort of floats around awkwardly, would have been better to just cut straight to the name and writer and have that on screen a little longer.
  • KidneysKidneys Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I like it actually. It's a big departure from what we're used to.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Original titles used until The Macra Terror in 1967 when they were revamped to include Troughton's face.
    Colour titles in 1970 used until Pertwee's last season when the slit scan effect was introduced.
    From Robot onwards the slit scan titles were revamped to include Tom Baker and TARDIS.
    Tom's last season heralded a big change to the starfield titles.
    Changed again for Davison, but it was a similar starfield.
    Which was then brightened and spiffed up for the start of Colin Baker.
    And changed once again when McCoy started.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not locked, apparently. They're still being tweaked before transmission.

The recording does not do the theme any justice at all.

I can't stop you - but just wait.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Can't find it !
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Can't find it !

Can't you wait for two weeks? :o
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally I don't approve of leaks, but curiosity got the better of me and I watched the new title sequence.
    I quite like it. It is based on the fan-made trailer like was rumoured which I wasn't too fond of, but they've fixed some of the problems I had with the original- namely the fob watch and the Seal of Rassilon which I felt shouldn't have been there.
    More importantly they've fixed most of the problems which I had with the previous title sequence:
    - Doesn't look like it was thrown together in a day
    - It isn't overly saturated
    - Uses 3D letters for the main actors names instead of a rubbish 2D font.
    - The logo is shiny silver rather than some bizarre grey and white cloud texture
    - No TARDIS doors opening at the end
    - There's no wolf drinking a cup of tea.

Although the theme hasn't changed to much, I think it has a bit of a key change (I'm not a music expert so don't quote me on this) to make it sound darker and most importantly I detected a hint of the middle 8 at the end, so at long last the iconic middle 8 returns to the title theme! :)

So first impressions from a grainy piece of crap which looks like it was recorded on a toaster have been good. Can't wait to see it properly when the episode airs.

I must apologise for my weakness in not being able to avoid this leak.
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    User has removed video :(
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally I don't approve of leaks, but curiosity got the better of me and I watched the new title sequence.
    I quite like it. It is based on the fan-made trailer like was rumoured which I wasn't too fond of, but they've fixed some of the problems I had with the original- namely the fob watch and the Seal of Rassilon which I felt shouldn't have been there.
    More importantly they've fixed most of the problems which I had with the previous title sequence:
    - Doesn't look like it was thrown together in a day
    - It isn't overly saturated
    - Uses 3D letters for the main actors names instead of a rubbish 2D font.
    - The logo is shiny silver rather than some bizarre grey and white cloud texture
    - No TARDIS doors opening at the end
    - There's no wolf drinking a cup of tea.

Although the theme hasn't changed to much, I think it has a bit of a key change (I'm not a music expert so don't quote me on this) to make it sound darker and most importantly I detected a hint of the middle 8 at the end, so at long last the iconic middle 8 returns to the title theme! :)

So first impressions from a grainy piece of crap which looks like it was recorded on a toaster have been good. Can't wait to see it properly when the episode airs.

I must apologise for my weakness in not being able to avoid this leak.
    The theme is also permeated by clock tower gongs, other clockwork stuff and a degrading howl. It's quite eerie although the recording makes it more screechy. The old vortex sound effect from Classic Series credits is there too. Also no Series 5-7 melody at the start.

Trenzalore seemingly appears with the planets - whether it's just reused for ease or not. I also like to think that the planet that circles the logo by itself is Gallifrey. Head canon :p

I don't remember if the Middle 8 featured in the end credits. There was something of a noisy standing ovation at the time.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The theme is also permeated by clock tower gongs, other clockwork stuff and a degrading howl. It's quite eerie although the recording makes it more screechy. The old vortex sound effect from Classic Series credits is there too. Also no Series 5-7 melody at the start.

Trenzalore seemingly appears with the planets - whether it's just reused for ease or not. I also like to think that the planet that circles the logo by itself is Gallifrey. Head canon :p

I don't remember if the Middle 8 featured in the end credits. There was something of a noisy standing ovation at the time.
    I just realised that the sound quality in the grainy video I watched is suspiciously good so the video was probably accompanied by the wrong theme meaning maybe I was too quick to jump to the conclusion that the middle 8 is back :cry::cry:
    (The Middle 8 was in the opening credits for some reason in this video.)

If you don't mind answering such a question: when you saw it was there a drastic change in the theme tune, a slight change or no change at all? You don't need to be any more specific than that.

I really hope the Middle 8 is back