Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    I highly doubt Susanna Reid will be presenting Rising Star. I think they might use Holly Willoughby (to add to the battle with The Voice as she used to present that) paired with a male presenter (not sure who). Or possibly Davina McCall.

Holly would be a good choice but I don't think she will be back. There aren't many choices out there. I would like to see someone with a comedy background hosting it for some fun. Alan Carr would have been a good choice if he hadn't done something similar already
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    And be offered Tumble?

She was asked to co host the Olympic games when she moved, so that wasn't enough to interest her I doubt "Tumble" would have been!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    She was asked to co host the Olympic games when she moved, so that wasn't enough to interest her I doubt "Tumble" would have been!

She would never have got hosting the Olympics. They were going to use Sports presenters. There is no way the would ask her or Alex Jones. Beth Tweedle anyone?
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Jay Hunt apparently wanted to keep Bleakely and offered her the Olympic coverage, Jones wouldn't get near it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Hunt apparently wanted to keep Bleakely and offered her the Olympic coverage, Jones wouldn't get near it!!

I doubt Christine would either and I would feel very annoyed if either of them had got a role as they are not suited to presenting Sports coverage. However it would have been funny if Alex said Tweedle during the Olympics
  • Options
    Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    EastEnders: 5.77m (31.9%) [+3: 399k (2.8%)]
    Emmerdale: 5.5m (32.2%) [+1: 162k (0.9%)]
    Holby City: 3.94m (20.3%)

EastEnders is back to where it should be share wise - 32% is very good. However, the raw figure is quite low but that's obviously because of Summer. Emmerdale is holding up well too.

Sorry to bang on about this, but New Tricks got a higher rating than both of those big soaps and yet people say it's failing. I'm sure it is because of the summer, so for once why can't NT have the same excuse?
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    She would never have got hosting the Olympics. They were going to use Sports presenters. There is no way the would ask her or Alex Jones. Beth Tweedle anyone?

You mean that well known sports presenter Mishal Hussain.;-)
  • Options
    kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd still like to see some actual proof of that statement. Christine's agent may claim that but it was never going to happen...
  • Options
    centauri72centauri72 Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Waterloo Road has been running for years and only just been axed, rather disproves your theory that they go at the end of the second year ! Casualty has been running almost since television was invented (or so it seems).

I think you are misinterpreting my theory - all the series I mentioned had run for several years, being renewed one year at a time, until they were renewed for two seasons at once - and then the roof fell in. I did not say it happens every time, but it is interesting that it happens several times.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=yorkie100;74355551]BBC1 drama #InTheClub increased its audience for a second week running last night with an average of 4.49m/21.5%, 240k up on last week.

ITV's coverage of the #ChampionsLeague qualifier between Arsenal and Besiktas averaged 3.06m/15.5% from 7.30pm.

#CelebrityBigBrother continued with a strong 1.75m/11.0% at 10pm, putting Channel 5 second behind BBC1 during the hour.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see this, it's actually quite a different drama, very gritty, funny. Not soft at all. It's actually quite a risky drama for BBC One.

I'm seeing a lot more risks being taken in Drama at BBC One this year. Happy Valley, and this are not your run of the mill cuddly dramas. Glad it's doing well.

They have got a good mix now BBC One. Unfortunately they nearly killed this great drama with a pathetic trailer making it look like a watered down call the midwife. That would have put a lot of people off, It put me off and it was only after my wife was raving about it did I watch the second one.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bang on about this, but New Tricks got a higher rating than both of those big soaps and yet people say it's failing. I'm sure it is because of the summer, so for once why can't NT have the same excuse?

No one said New Tricks was failing, just that it was a poor figure by its own good standards which is true. As for using the summer excuse, that doesn't work when every series of New Tricks has started in the summer, last year it started earlier IIRC. The soaps have been rubbish for most of the year, the summer has just made that look even worse.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Poor: Alison Hammond (although her personality may shine through and is a similar level to Lisa Riley when she took part)

They always get someone from a daily show so they can talk about it all the time, hence the preponderance of GMTV presenters over the years. Hence Alison Hammond filling the same role as Dan Lobb, Bill Turnbull, Richard Arnold and so on.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Re. In the Club, you almost feel they started it a week too early hence the sub-4m for episode 1.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Glad to see this, it's actually quite a different drama, very gritty, funny. Not soft at all. It's actually quite a risky drama for BBC One.

I'm seeing a lot more risks being taken in Drama at BBC One this year. Happy Valley, and this are not your run of the mill cuddly dramas. Glad it's doing well.

They have got a good mix now BBC One. Unfortunately they nearly killed this great drama with a pathetic trailer making it look like a watered down call the midwife. That would have put a lot of people off, It put me off and it was only after my wife was raving about it did I watch the second one.

You see Ken - you should listen to your wife more !! ;-)

At least thats what I am always told. :D
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    Re. In the Club, you almost feel they started it a week too early hence the sub-4m for episode 1.

It seems at the moment everything is starting too early. GBBO apart new and returning series are all low or down on previous.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice there will only be 3 episodes of Piers Morgan's Life Stories this Autumn. Perhaps a response to the poor January numbers although maybe just because they need Fridays to air drama this Autumn. Piers said recently in his blog that 10 episodes have been ordered, so that presumably means there will be 7 early next year.

It did pretty badly at the start of the year but up until that point it has been a solid perfomer for ITV (at a very low cost). It had a lot of competition at the start of the year so it'll be interesting to see how it does away from a lot of that this time.

The guest on the first episode is Alesha Dixon.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    It seems at the moment everything is starting too early. GBBO apart new and returning series are all low or down on previous.

It's a difficult one because the end of Commonwealth Games and the freeing up of BBC1's schedule seemed to be a logical starting point for a raft of new series, just as the end of the Olympics was in 2012 (in that week we saw the launch of series 2 of Accused and various other shows), almost like an early Autumn launch.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Based on Gift Unwrapped's rating, I imagine The 21st Question will be getting a recommission.

Eamonn not quite equalling his unique achievement of getting his US quiz show Rich List on Fox being dropped after one edition, it didn't even complete the first week !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    You see Ken - you should listen to your wife more !! ;-)

At least thats what I am always told. :D

:D I had trouble reading that sentence!

Yes thats right it's a sentence and not a linguistic one! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    It's a difficult one because the end of Commonwealth Games and the freeing up of BBC1's schedule seemed to be a logical starting point for a raft of new series, just as the end of the Olympics was in 2012 (in that week we saw the launch of series 2 of Accused and various other shows), almost like an early Autumn launch.

And remember this time last year BBC One used Celebrity masterchef as filler, that's already been used as filler during the world cup.

I'm actually quite impressed with the schedule they have put together.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@TheXFactor: STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING & GO BONKERS!!!
    The X Factor returns Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st August at 8pm.
    #XFactor http://t.co/R0XL7U3pb9"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »

Stop what your doing and throw conkers more like! ^_^

8pm against Doctor Who I see then.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Stop what your doing and throw conkers more like! ^_^

8pm against Doctor Who I see then.

I would like Doctor Who to start first.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »

So they're either giving Doctor Who 15 minutes headstart or they've somehow managed to get BBC to move to 7.15pm.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they're either giving Doctor Who 15 minutes headstart or they've somehow managed to get BBC to move to 7.15pm.

I imagine BBC1 have left Doctor Who at 7.45pm.
This discussion has been closed.