100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last post i made was about the woman running around at the awards ceremony being really happy.

I was discounting someones guess about a former grey anatomy actress. I didn't see anything dodge at that point except maybe something about aloe vera.

The rapper is an open topic, it is often discussed all over the place so i wouldn't have thought it was that.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    Certainly is 😄

Well you learn something new everyday! I went to his house a few years ago, very interesting place. The tour guide had some very good tales to tell about things that happened back in the day.
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A LITTLE FORUM
    ERR NO
    OWNED BY THE HEARST GROUP ONLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST PUBLISHERS IN THE WORLD
    AND READ ALL OVER IT

oh and for the record it doesn't help discussing posts that have been taken out and IS actually against terms and conditions of use
    I can also say I DEFINETLY saw at least two real names used
    Might be worth while reading a couple of comments by myself and another poster about this kind of thing on the last page of the in the closet thread particularly if you're only new on here
    PLEASE. Don't think I'm being DS police only trying to help
    I too find it very frustrating just a case of as my nan used to say engaging brain before opening gob
    Good luck folks 😄

Thanks for the reply! I just thought it was strange to target a forum but whatever :)
  • Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Unfortunately because they are based in the us the laws on libel are different.

Anyhoo onwards and upwards and lets just call her "she who shall not be named"

Well the good news is in 7 books she'll be destroyed. Mwahaha.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Anyhoo onwards and upwards and lets just call her "she who shall not be named"

I'm confused. Who or what are we talking about not? Which female won't be named?

We don't even know why the all blinds and all posts were removed. It's all guesswork. No one knows a damn thing!
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I'm confused. Who or what are we talking about not? Which female won't be named?

We don't even know why the all blinds and all posts were removed. It's all guesswork. No one knows a damn thing!

I'm guessing it's a reference to Pretty Woman? I may be wrong.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Pointy wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a reference to Pretty Woman? I may be wrong.

It has to be. That was the only obvious, obvious one we were talking about.

Hi Pretty Woman! I love your niece's work on American Horror Story :D
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it was the references to an example of a low bit of behaviour?
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was sitting on train earlier to work and saw a poster reading 'Allo Vera (not sure what advert was for) but it reminded me of some posts here. Sorry for being off topic.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I see the Sasha Fierce baby bump (or not as the case was) stuff has reared its head again - front cover of this weeks Grazia magazine.
    Forum Member
    FilliA wrote: »
    Perhaps it was the references to an example of a low bit of behaviour?

Amazing if it was. It happened. It's a fact. This isn't a silly rumour or blind, never to be proven like most things here.
    I could go and Google the t-shirt right now if i wanted to. How pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From CDAN Blind Items Revealed:
    (Remember all these BI's are backdated)

1. This foreign born B-/C+ list celebrity/sometime actress is already on to her next assignment. She is being paid $25K a week after her most recent six week run. It is astonishing to me how much money she makes from guys who want to be with her. She does get them all press though. I guess if it is for press that somehow you might be able to deduct her as a business expense. There are whispers that this is a pay and credit deal so she might get a bit of acting work to go with her fee.

Gf of first CBB evictee last night

2. This foreign-born B-list mostly movie actor with the funny first name, who is an Academy Award winner/nominee was sporting a huge black eye this weekend that he said was because of an incident involving a woman and a bedpost.

12 Years A Slave

3. Coldplay frontman once had sex with which east coast Real Housewife? Oh, and she still calls and tries to hook up.

It's a random name to me! Don't watch the show.

4. This A+list mostly movie actor is married and is an Academy Award winner/nominee. His former model wife says that he never wants to have sex with her and he is more interested in smoking pot and looking at himself in the mirror than actually spending time with her. She says she is more of an accessory for him now that he is forced to bring with him.

Best Actor Oscar Winner 2014

5. This former A-list mostly movie actress who was really close to A+ at one point while doing a franchise has slipped to mostly doing indies. Part of the problem is her drinking. She also recently lost her boyfriend who finally threw in the towel after he caught her cheating again following a booze soaked night of partying.

Mary Jane from Spiderman

6. These two married co-stars from a hit network show spent two hours together yesterday in a suite at the Langham Hotel.

Olivia Pope and POTUSA from Scandal

8. What celebrity DJ is facing some possible backlash when he accidentally revealed to a magazine that he's a Scientologist? At least one of the major music fests are considering dropping him from the lineup.

Bangarang

8. This B-/C+ list mostly movie actor has become a director. He is casting a new movie now and some of the scenes require nudity. The way he is casting these specific parts is by inviting women to come to his place. If they sleep with him he will get them a role in the movie. So far he has about 30 that have slept with him and he is making good on his promise. It is not even a big movie.

John Dorian from Scrubs
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the deleted posts based around the VMA blinds?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were the deleted posts based around the VMA blinds?

Nobody knows.
    Forum Member
    Nobody knows.

Yes. Mods have been quite quiet, even after a few people asked. Not that it matter that much who deleted what, just Why...
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Yes. Mods have been quite quiet, even after a few people asked. Not that it matter that much who deleted what, just Why...

Mods are not required to give their reasons for deleting posts and to be honest very seldom do
    The only exception seems to be in the radio section where the LBC chit chat page gets sadly edited on a too regular basis
    And on there they will sometimes cite the likes of personal remarks or items being posted in the wrong thread as there a regular and a politics thread for the station
    If you carry on making remarks about the missing thread you might well end up with a tempory or even a permanent ban
    And believe me that HAS happened before now
    As I've said elsewhere I'm not a mod myself nor do I see myself as DS police ... Only someone who is an old hand on here and doesn't want to see the site ruined or god forbid shut down
    The rules are here for a reason 😄
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a cracker if JD is really doing that. Always suspected he might be gay but i guess not!
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From crazy days and nights

This foreign born A list mostly movie actor left his baby mama at home so he could have fun with the co-star he had not seen since they finished filming. And by having fun, they hooked up at her place which is different from the hotels they used while filming.

Thor or Notebook
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Wow, just been reading about some of the alleged super injunctions. Some of them are real shockers, others not so much. I really hope a couple of them are not true (especially the author) as if it is, I cannot imagine what their alleged victims have gone through.

It would, on the face of it, seem odd. But at heart of such bafflement is a misunderstanding of English law.

English law is, if you like, similar to a set of rules. They do change over time because our law is based on precedent, and as society and our culture slowly change, our laws adapt. (This is, essentially, very different to Continental law, which is based on the Napleonic code, which is itself essentially a set of principles, though in practice - and they would hate to admit it - our European cousins also adapt it according to, well, precedent, mainly because they have to. But they will never admit it).

Our courts exist primarily to ensure current laws are followed, NOT (oddly enough) to see 'justice done'. The element of 'justice being done' is contained in the assumption that our laws 'are just'. But the courts and the judges who preside over them FIRST look at the law as it stands and make their decisions.

Lawyers are essentially 'guns for hire' or, rather more politely, hired because of their knowledge of current law (and the precedents upon which it rests) who will plead a client's case in court. They will more or less plead whatever you want - and are paying - them to plead (although individual lawyers will, of course, have their own personal codes and, for example, turn down 'a job' if they don't feel they want to take it on for whatever reason (though there is a proviso here which I shan't go into because it would just muddy the waters).

So if a 'celebrity' (and I always find that word and what it is intended to describe as comical) wants to take out a injunction, he or she will get a lawyer to argue in court why that injunction (to do this or not to do this, that or t'other) should be put in place. And once an injunction is in place, to break it - to ignore it - amounts to contempt of court and the courts are very keen that they should not be held in contempt and crack down hard on anyone they think is in contempt.

The lawyer, that ‘gun for hire’, will argue his or her client’s case before a judge and if the judge is persuaded by the argument presented - that, based on his or her knowledge of, in this case, civil law, the reasons for imposing an injunction are sound - that injunction will stand. Until, perhaps, someone else, usually the Press, hires another lawyer to argue before the judge, or another judge, why that injunction should NOT stand. If he or she is persuasive enough, the injunction is overturned. If not, it isn't. (It is pertinent that the bias of judges is well-known in legal circles, and lawyers will cheer or bemoan that they are due to appear before this or that judge.)

Obviously, if you are well off and can afford to hire the good lawyers - who know they are good and charge accordingly - you have a very sporting chance of keeping your dirty linen out of the public eye because that bloody good lawyer you hired has done a good job in persuading a judge to impose an injunction on any of it being made public.

The real scandal - in my view - is the development of the ‘superinjunction’: under the terms of the injunction folk are not even allowed to mention that an injunction has been imposed. That development is undoubtedly the work of some very slick, very clever and very, very expensive lawyer who spotted a good ruse and will have argued in some case or other that ‘mention that an injunction is in place’ might prejudice his client’s rights to whatever. And once one lawyer said that, others, as is the nature of life, will have copied him. And so the ‘super-injunction’ was born. Others, of course, disagree profoundly that such super-injunctions are fair, and the alarm caused by the rise of the super-injunction is widespread, especially among lawyers (who, believe it or not, are by no means all mercenary bastards who would sell their grandmother if the price is right).

To try to put the above in a nutshell: the courts and the judges who preside over them exist to ensure the laws are observed. They do not exist, primarily, do ensure ‘justice is done’. For one thing one man’s ‘justice’ is another man’s ‘injustice’, and that’s just for starters. Except, of course, sometimes they do. Pretty straightforward, really. Or not.

So if you disagree with an injunction - and that implies these days that you even know it exists - the remedy is to sell your house, sell all your possessions, sell your children and get every last penny you can lay your hands on and hire who you think is a bloody good lawyer to argue in court that the injunction should be overturned. Mind, it’s the best way of going bankrupt. Because even though that shit-hot lawyer is ‘the best’, he might not necessarily succeed. But he or she will still want to be paid. And why not?
    Forum Member
    Wish i could but no one knows. All i know for certain is that from Mon 25th Aug, 4:21pm onwards ALL blinds and posts have been deleted.

All that was discussed over the past 2 days was blind items about the MTV Video Music Awards which took place Sunday night and the Emmy Awards which took place Monday night.

See my comments, above, about lawyers. Obviously someone hire a very good lawyer and equally obviously DS knows its onions (or the principle of survival).
    Forum Member
    Tinselpops wrote: »
    There were also some pretty damning posts about an author who its claimed had a super-injunction taken out, maybe something to do with that?

Would this be the writer who is said to be the pal of hardened crims and whose name might be revealed if you ask yourself who might Concertina Gas be? Gas being an alternative to coal and Concertina sound rather like this femme's first name.
    Forum Member
    A LITTLE FORUM
    ERR NO
    OWNED BY THE HEARST GROUP ONLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST PUBLISHERS IN THE WORLD
    AND READ ALL OVER IT

oh and for the record it doesn't help discussing posts that have been taken out and IS actually against terms and conditions of use
    I can also say I DEFINETLY saw at least two real names used
    Might be worth while reading a couple of comments by myself and another poster about this kind of thing on the last page of the in the closet thread particularly if you're only new on here
    PLEASE. Don't think I'm being DS police only trying to help
    I too find it very frustrating just a case of as my nan used to say engaging brain before opening gob
    Good luck folks 😄

So why hasn't this post been removed?
    Forum Member
    2. This foreign-born B-list mostly movie actor with the funny first name, who is an Academy Award winner/nominee was sporting a huge black eye this weekend that he said was because of an incident involving a woman and a bedpost.

12 Years A Slave/B]

Might this not, perhaps, be a little ironic? Our British/Western name sound a tad 'funny' to Asians and Africans. And we have a strange habit of putting the surname last, which confuses the hell out of them.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    So why hasn't this post been removed?

Because first and foremost I'm not naming names merely mentioning the ownership of the thread and for those who don't know a basic snippit of the terms and conditions of posting
    As I said the use of a persons real name didn't help matters either
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5. This former A-list mostly movie actress who was really close to A+ at one point while doing a franchise has slipped to mostly doing indies. Part of the problem is her drinking. She also recently lost her boyfriend who finally threw in the towel after he caught her cheating again following a booze soaked night of partying.

Mary Jane from Spiderman

I kept an eye on this specificially because I knew it was going to backfire on the writer.

Soon after he posted this twaddle she was out and about as usual with the bf like they always are, out on the town, going to restaurants, the usual blurb, with no hint of an impending split.

Whatever is or isn't, he appears to have far from publicly 'thrown in the towel' since this BI was written. Maybe he or she might one day but it'll be nothing to do with Ent's drivel.
This discussion has been closed.