✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    I would certainly use it if it worked -
    I think all of us think that.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    My friend refused to join today, citing reasons on this thread (i.e. that it isn't compulsory) and was told she now had to apply for 16 jobs a week instead of 4!

I am sure this is nonsense, but can anybody back this up?

On the flipside, I am currently advertising for qualified accounting posts and thought UJS might be worth a quick ad, as it is free.

I got spammed with loads of unsuitable candidates who are obviously trying to meet their quotas (I don't blame them, it's just frustrating) and would never use it again. Quotas only waste everyone's time.
    That would be easily done, just apply for every job going.
    Just add a note to the application for jobs that are not suitable explaining why you have applied for it, and the member of staff and particular branch of JCP that told you to do it.
  • RuudRuud Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if its mandatory for you to upload your CV on the universal jobmatch site?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having been looking at vacancies on there for a few months, I only realised earlier that 'Company Confidential' is not the name of an organisation! If I were a blonde, that would be a total blonde moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Ruud wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its mandatory for you to upload your CV on the universal jobmatch site?
    It is not mandatory yet, but you can upload a CV and still keep it private by not ticking the CV private box.
    It is up to you if you want it seen by every Tom, Dick or Harry.
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruud wrote: »
    krok wrote: »
    It is not mandatory yet, but you can upload a CV and still keep it private by not ticking the CV private box.
    It is up to you if you want it seen by every Tom, Dick or Harry.
    As Krok says it is not mandatory, but to apply for the jobs that have no other option to apply other than though the JM website you will need a CV uploaded.
    Just set it to private.
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Having been looking at vacancies on there for a few months, I only realised earlier that 'Company Confidential' is not the name of an organisation! If I were a blonde, that would be a total blonde moment.
    I noticed this straight away when I saw my first one.
    I would never apply for them, there is a reason they are keeping the Company Name confidential. Who knows what that reason is.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

You're not the only one, I thought it was the name of a recruitment agency for a while

I work in health and social care, some homes have a dreadful rep, so they keep it secret until u apply... Sneaky
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    putting "company confidential" is a JOKE

i would have it being MANDATORY to have their company name AND work place address, as well as have a much better format for the actual postings!!!

does anyone care if the wages are in pound sterling???
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've uploaded my CV and about 1 out of 5 jobs i looked at had an 'apply' button. They were office based jobs, ones i could do as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Universal job match isn't fit for purpose. On behalf of someone else I registered with them but forgot the password, as of yet not one person has bothered to email me back even though I checked both my email inbox and junk mail.

If this is the things to come, then I pity EVERYONE !
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have wrote the password down then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    should have wrote the password down then

Yes I know that, thanks for stating the obvious.

My point still stands, I did write the actual personal identity number or whatever its called down. So I emailed them, not heard anything from them. Even though I followed their instructions. Any normal website either prompts you on screen or emails you a new password. Also when I wrote the email I enclosed that individual number. This was like 12 days and counting.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I signed on for the first time yesterday and was asked if I had joined UJM. I told her I had; she then asked me for my Government Gateway number. I didn't have it on me, but when I got home & looked at the email from when I joined, it said not to reveal the number to anyone.

Was she pulling a fast one?
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    I signed on for the first time yesterday and was asked if I had joined UJM. I told her I had; she then asked me for my Government Gateway number. I didn't have it on me, but when I got home & looked at the email from when I joined, it said not to reveal the number to anyone.

Was she pulling a fast one?
    yeah that sounds a tad dodgy.

This site is a data protection nightmare, and I expect some employers are avoiding it for that reason.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was ordered to bring in my government gateway number at my appointment next week as well and she was basically barking the same instruction at everyone that she was seeing that they had to bring it at their next appointment that was after she was 20 minutes late in seeing me and wouldn't even actually speak to me properly.

At the moment I get emails with jobs that are nowhere near where I live or what I have put down in the skills it's a total joke of a thing but then so is JCP at the moment. I got moved to an office further away from where I live because they had too many people at the other office so it now cost me more to have to go there to basically be handed some forms to sign in silence and get a couple of orders barked at me when she feels the need.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the petition to sign? I want to spread the word :)
  • FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    So all those spiteful people claiming that Universal Jobmatch would be mandatory in the new year, well when exactly?

This is very informative:

http://consent.me.uk/2013/01/10/critical/
    Forum Member
    So when is UJ going to be made mandatory? Alot of people were claiming it would this year, well when exactly?

Or was that claim just an empty threat?

Just to clarify, currently there is abolsultey no requirement to have a Universal Jobmatch account so do not sign up to one and if you do sign up to one that DO NOT allow the JobCentre access to it!

Claimants snub Universal Jobmatch:

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/claimants-snub-universal-jobmatch-and-foil-dwps-snooping-plans/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Ian Duncan Smith himself stated it would be compulsory in the New Year in a radio interview before Christmas.

So don't get annoyed at us, it was him that said it.

A recent FOI request also received a response from the DWP that stated it is the intention for it to be made mandatory at some time, although it may be for only some claimants:
    http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/139363/response/348485/attach/html/3/4636%20response%20pdf.pdf.html
    We intend to introduce mandation for Universal Jobmatch in 2013.

It is not currently mandatory for jobseekers to use the Universal Jobmatch service but it has
    always been our intention to mandate some JSA claimants to register with Universal Jobmatch
    and upload a CV so that they can make full use of the service.

We intend to require those claimants to do this under a Jobseeker’s Direction, when some
    changes have been made to the service to fully support this. Jobseeker’s Directions require
    Jobseeker’s Allowance claimants to take specific actions which will help them find work, and
    failure to do so without good reason may result in a benefit sanction.
    Forum Member
    Ian Duncan Smith himself stated it would be compulsory in the New Year in a radio interview before Christmas.

So don't get annoyed at us, it was him that said it.

I am not annoyed at people on this forum, I was looking back at the entire thread and certain people seemed to post with joy that UJ was going to be mandatory and as yet it isn't and we are in February.

It seems it was just an idle threat from an ever increasingly desperate Iain Duncan Smith to scare people into signing up to an account, it isn't really working though:

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/claimants-snub-universal-jobmatch-and-foil-dwps-snooping-plans/
    Forum Member
    If anyone does HAVE a Universal Jobmatch account and would like to DELETE it then you can, just follow these instructions:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/144906/response/354194/attach/html/3/123%20response%20pdf.pdf.html

It is NOT compulsory to have as UJ account.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,200
    Forum Member
    I'm sure we didn't have all this crap when Labour was in power.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    James30 wrote: »
    I'm sure we didn't have all this crap when Labour was in power.

We had a different set of crap, although it wasn't as bad as this lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it when I search my postcode (North Lanarkshire) and "part time" the only results that are coming up are full time manager jobs in London with an application date for December?

Absolutely useless site.
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Why is it when I search my postcode (North Lanarkshire) and "part time" the only results that are coming up are full time manager jobs in London with an application date for December?

Absolutely useless site.

Do not use it. If you are asked why you do not use it just reply that you have exercised your right not to use the voluntary service, they cannot sanction you if you do not use it.
This discussion has been closed.