DS Celebrity Apprentice - The Viewers & Candidate's Cafe

1789101113»

Comments

• xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    What time is the final going to be Lord Mitchell?
    Thanks
    Forum Member
    I noticed the message said 8pm so ignore me :p
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I have to apologise, DS keeps not letting me log in.

I'm afraid Queenie hasn't done anything, so that does mean that Callum, you are the champion of 2014's DS Celebrity Apprentice!

Its been a rocky ride, I apologise for it not being better.

It'll be back next year, hoepfully better :)
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    OMG, yay! :D

I'm so happy. Thank you to all the team mates that I have worked with on tasks, the advisers for helping me out and the whole crew for choosing me to be star performer twice in a row. It really does mean a lot! Also thanks to Natalie for helping me out with this task.

YAY! :D
    Forum Member
    OMG, yay! :D

I'm so happy. Thank you to all the team mates that I have worked with on tasks, the advisers for helping me out and the whole crew for choosing me to be star performer twice in a row. It really does mean a lot! Also thanks to Natalie for helping me out with this task.

YAY! :D

Well done Callum on the win. Shame we never got a chance to share our wonderful chocolate bar but you did well throughout the whole series and it would have been a travesty if you hadn't won. Glad i helped you in the final , it was an honour. :D
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Really happy for you, Cal, but as a viewer I'm pretty annoyed that Queenie didn't do anything. Both she and Tom wanted to be in the final, and I don't think it's right that Tom lost his place to her, and she didn't make an effort in the final. Tom may have been a controversial candidate, but I don't think that there was any doubt that he was one of the most enthusiastic, and would have given Cal a fair fight.
    Forum Member
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    Well done Callum on the win. Shame we never got a chance to share our wonderful chocolate bar but you did well throughout the whole series and it would have been a travesty if you hadn't won. Glad i helped you in the final , it was an honour. :D

Thank you Natalie! :D
    Really happy for you, Cal, but as a viewer I'm pretty annoyed that Queenie didn't do anything. Both she and Tom wanted to be in the final, and I don't think it's right that Tom lost his place to her, and she didn't make an effort in the final. Tom may have been a controversial candidate, but I don't think that there was any doubt that he was one of the most enthusiastic, and would have given Cal a fair fight.

Thanks, I guess? I don't know whether you're genuinely congratulating me or saying that Tom deserved to win, I don't understand?:p
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I guess? I don't know whether you're genuinely congratulating me or saying that Tom deserved to win, I don't understand?:p

From what I saw, I think you did deserve to win, although if there had been more of a final, maybe I'd feel differently, who knows? You stood out as the strong performer, so I think it was probably right that you won. I just think it was unfair on Tom to lose out on a place in the final when the person who took the other place didn't make an effort in the final. I don't think it's right to take a chance from someone else and then not make the most of it. You were probably right to win, but I think Tom should have had a chance to prove himself if Queenie wasn't going to go for it.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    The last thing Queenie said to me, regarding the CV kind of task was, I wrote more than a sentence. I was taking this seriously. *rolleyes*

And thanks George :)
    Forum Member
    From what I saw, I think you did deserve to win, although if there had been more of a final, maybe I'd feel differently, who knows? You stood out as the strong performer, so I think it was probably right that you won. I just think it was unfair on Tom to lose out on a place in the final when the person who took the other place didn't make an effort in the final. I don't think it's right to take a chance from someone else and then not make the most of it. You were probably right to win, but I think Tom should have had a chance to prove himself if Queenie wasn't going to go for it.

Thank you a lot. :)

I kind of agree to be honest, people should have foresaw this from the semi-final when Queenie didn't submit her speech until after the deadline and then she hasn't done anything for the final.

#JusticeforTom.
    Forum Member
    This feels quite anti-climatic, would there be a chance to re-schedule a final at a later date?
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Cal! :) You deserved it a lot and worked very hard for it! :):)
    Forum Member
    I don't think even mitch himself cares, but I could be wrong...
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Congratulations Cal! :) You deserved it a lot and worked very hard for it! :):)

Thanks Nick. :)

Its a shame people are focusing more on the negative aspects than the positive aspects. We've had a great series haven't we? The brochure task, the snooker party task, the awesome shop unit task, I forget the other one? :p We've had Tomi, Callum, Queenie, Tom, Me, Natalie and Eliza, and I've certainly had a lot of fun and gained a lot of experience from this series. Thank you Lord Mitchell and all the advisers for hosting the game, and all the competitors for showing up and completing the tasks, as well as the viewers who stayed and discussed recent events throughout. It's been great!
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats Cal!! Well deserved!! I turned up on the chatzy room several days this week but not one did Queenie show up.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nick. :)

Its a shame people are focusing more on the negative aspects than the positive aspects. We've had a great series haven't we? The brochure task, the snooker party task, the awesome shop unit task, I forget the other one? :p We've had Tomi, Callum, Queenie, Tom, Me, Natalie and Eliza, and I've certainly had a lot of fun and gained a lot of experience from this series. Thank you Lord Mitchell and all the advisers for hosting the game, and all the competitors for showing up and completing the tasks, as well as the viewers who stayed and discussed recent events throughout. It's been great!

It's a shame that three people quit, and it's also a shame Queenie didn't put in any effort towards the end.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the first time I've been on DS since Monday evening, due to family matters. So it isn't a case of 'not bothering to turn up' AT ALL, it's a case of me being a real person living a real life which sometimes mean I can not come online and play forum games.

Although I'm sure that never crossed your judgemental little minds.
    Forum Member
    This is the first time I've been on DS since Monday evening, due to family matters. So it isn't a case of 'not bothering to turn up' AT ALL, it's a case of me being a real person living a real life which sometimes mean I can not come online and play forum games.

Although I'm sure that never crossed your judgemental little minds.

To me, it isn't about that. Of course people have personal lives, but you focussed a huge amount of energy into ensuring your place in the final, and you got it over Tom. I don't necessarily have a problem with you being picked for the final over him if Mitch thought you were the better performer, but I don't think it's fair that having been chosen you don't put in the effort in the final. If you weren't going to put in the effort it's not fair that you were given a place, because there were other people in the process who missed out so that you could have that place. I just think it's a bit unfair on some of the other candidates. I understand that real life has to come first sometimes, but I would never take part in a game like this if I didn't have the time to commit.

If you're referring to me, I'm sorry if that's how I'm coming across. I really have enjoyed the series, it has had some good tasks and I think you were a worthy winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me, it isn't about that. Of course people have personal lives, but you focussed a huge amount of energy into ensuring your place in the final, and you got it over Tom. I don't necessarily have a problem with you being picked for the final over him if Mitch thought you were the better performer, but I don't think it's fair that having been chosen you don't put in the effort in the final. If you weren't going to put in the effort it's not fair that you were given a place, because there were other people in the process who missed out so that you could have that place. I just think it's a bit unfair on some of the other candidates. I understand that real life has to come first sometimes, but I would never take part in a game like this if I didn't have the time to commit.

If you're referring to me, I'm sorry if that's how I'm coming across. I really have enjoyed the series, it has had some good tasks and I think you were a worthy winner.

The reason I wasn't around wasn't something that could be premeditated, I didn't know it was going to happen the night before it did, let alone a whole month before when I signed up for the game.
    Forum Member
    The reason I wasn't around wasn't something that could be premeditated, I didn't know it was going to happen the night before it did, let alone a whole month before when I signed up for the game.

Couldn't the final have been arranged on a different day then? After all, there weren't that many people to organise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't the final have been arranged on a different day then? After all, there weren't that many people to organise.

I don't do the organising, Mitch does. I hadn't been on DS to contact him so he just announced Callum as the winner.
    Forum Member
    I don't do the organising, Mitch does. I hadn't been on DS to contact him so he just announced Callum as the winner.

Well, I'll stop going on about it now because it's over and there is really no point in arguing about it. I just think that it has seemed across quite a lot of the process that you haven't really had the time to devote to this game. If it really has just been really unfortunately-timed incidents then I apologise for saying that; it just seems a little unfair on some of the other people who missed out on getting as far as you did that they didn't get the opportunity to try to prove themselves at this level.
    Forum Member
    Excited for this to return early next year! :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Excited for this to return early next year! :D

Hopefully it'll work better :p
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll work better :p

Winner invited back automatically you say? Well okay xoxo